Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 bending at the top

• 09-01-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem with the iPhone 5 bending from being in the front pocket of trousers? Sending the phone off to apple tomorrow and hoping its covered by warranty as the phone is less than a month old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

In before Apple claim they were working on flexible phones before Samsung :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Put it in your pocket the other way round and bend it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

pippip wrote: »
    Put it in your pocket the other way round and bend it back :D
    Haha that just might work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

A bit of a crazy way to treat a 700 quid device. Hardly an Apple problem.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Piliger wrote: »

Putting it in your front pocket is a crazy way to treat your phone?

Where else are you to keep a phone? If it shouldn't be kept in a pocket then they should say it when they're selling it.

Oh yeah ... it bent just lying there ... ?

Oh yeah ... it bent just lying there ... ?

Yes, it absolutely did. I'm not a child and I'm not a liar. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I was surprised too but from reading more about it on the Internet it's not that unusual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I blame skinny jeans. Bent iPhones and low sperm counts are just two symptoms of this societal evil.

• Advertisement

Yes, it absolutely did. I'm not a child and I'm not a liar. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I was surprised too but from reading more about it on the Internet it's not that unusual

Relax :rolleyes: It's not a matter of lying ... It's a matter of what causes the bending. If it's in your front pocket and your jeans are tight then it's being pressured every time you sit down or bend. I don't believe for one moment that it is bending from just lying there.
    I have seen reports on the web - but that just means a tiny handful of people are doing the same thing around the world - in other words extraordinarily rare - and I certainly don't see it as Apple's problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

exact same thing happened with my mate. Put his S3 into his pocket, only had it a few days. Sat down and 3 mins later, got up. S3 screen is 487 pieces!

kceire wrote: »
    exact same thing happened with my mate. Put his S3 into his pocket, only had it a few days. Sat down and 3 mins later, got up. S3 screen is 487 pieces!

It's ridiculous! If the phones can't withstand the pressure of pockets, where phones are kept, then the consumer should be warned. Small claims court here we come I'm afraid!!

Advertisement