Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawings for Retention Permission - question.

• 09-01-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Just a question regarding doing drawings for a retention application. I'm just a trainee cad technician and basically do not have much experience in dealing with planning drawings.

My question is this; the client has built a small domestic garage, toilet and storage room to the side of the existing semi-detached dwelling. They need retention for this development. I have the drawings drawn up with no problems apart from the drainage layout. The problem is that the extension was built over the drainage layout and also over the foul & storm manholes. (Both manholes serve the client's dwelling and neighbour's!)

Although both manholes are accessible, i just need to know if i should show these on the drawings, including drainage run? Will the planning authority require further information if not shown?

As i understand, retention permission drawings "show as built". should i propose a new layout (which client is willing to do) on drawings or leave as is? :confused:

thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

As with any retention application you will have to show where the existing services are. If you find problems then you also need to address those on the drawings.

Also, make sure you have PI Insurance cover. You are stating on a public forum that you know there may be problems with a job and you are wondering if you should show those now. What if the house changes hands and the new owner only finds out about them afterwards and your planning application helped secure the sale, you knowing there were problems and not addressing them. Just a word of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cowboy77

Thanks Poor Uncle Tom for you're reply. I really appreciate you're advice. I do understand what you mean, and as a result i have taken on board what you have said.

Cheers man

Advertisement