Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks papers buy splits

• 09-01-2013 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

i was thinking of getting mocks papers online which will give the questions for the mocks and if anyone wants a copy we can split the price . pm me if your interested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The mocks are there to help you, knowing the questions coming up beforehand won't do you any favours in June. They're not worth paying for if it's just for practice you want them, past exam papers are much more helpful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You do know there are at least three main companies selling mock papers to schools?
    Mocks.ie would be very much one of the smaller players in the market.
    60 euro for nine subjects is very expensive - are you sure of that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

are you an exernal student ? unlikely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

aarond280 wrote: »
    are you an exernal student ? unlikely

is that like when you reach a set goal you advance? im not anyway but i need to do well in mocks as the vice principal said i could switch class if i did well and i dont like the teacher i have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Don't bother buying them. If you need to know what questions are coming up just read the spoilers on the mocks thread. You'll probably only end up buying the wrong papers anyway, most schools use a mixture of companies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Don't bother buying them. If you need to know what questions are coming up just read the spoilers on the mocks thread. You'll probably only end up buying the wrong papers anyway, most schools use a mixture of companies.

thanks didnt see that thread but would they have the full papers, and what companies supply them anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The thread had over 250 pages last year including a really comprehensive spreadsheet somebody set up http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503605&page=159 So keep an eye on your one when the mocks kick off http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056848375 DEB, examcraft, mocks.ie and Munster examining board are some of the companies. DEB and Examcraft being the main ones I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

How much do all of ye have to pay to sit the mocks on your school and get them corrected

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We do not charge the students in our school for the papers and the staff correct them.
    We sent them out to a company to be corrected once, but the standard of correcting was so bad we agreed to do it ourselves in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

spurious wrote: »
    We sent them out to a company to be corrected once, but the standard of correcting was so bad we agreed to do it ourselves in future.

Very true, we sent off our history mock exam papers externally and they were marked so terribly that we had to get another teacher at our school to re-correct them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

spurious wrote: »
    We do not charge the students in our school for the papers and the staff correct them.
    We have to pay 90 euro for 7 subjects :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I seriously don't get this.
    You want to waste a crapload of money, just so you'll do well in a practice exam that isn't worth anything, and have a nicer teacher?
    While also depriving yourself of a chance to get a real feel of the exam, to improve how you'll do in the real thing?
    I never understood why people cheated on mocks. Pointless.

Advertisement