Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving doggie from inside to outside

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

I have four dogs and umpteen cats, I rent and thankfully have a very lovely landlord who has no issues with the pets being in the house. We did struggle to find pet friendly accommodation, we wanted to live in a rural setting but no landlord would agree to us having a GSD in the countryside due to potential dangers with livestock (they would have agreed had we allowed our dogs to be kept in a pen/run). We are now living in a town, in a housing estate, with our GSD x, Labrador, Collie and Terrorist and some of our neighbours don't even know we have dogs because they are never outside. Our dogs are part of the family, even if they are outside for a half an hour, the guilt kicks in and they come back inside. Even in multiples, they are not happy outside, they prefer to be with us and thats the way we want it. I would never in a million years compromise our dogs happiness for our own living needs, even if that means living in a less than perfect house. JRTs are hardy dogs but the very thought of a dog being on its own for the length of time the OP stated is just unthinkable in my mind. We made dogs our companions and it is our responsibility to ensure our dogs health and wellbeing, no excuses.

Advertisement