Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple meters

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have two meters hence two standing order charges.

One meter is on my dwelling house so this is fine, i have a cattle shed about 500 meters from my house (too far to use dwelling connection), this shed has its own meter.
    I only use the power in the shed for about 1 hour per day for 6mths of year hence the usage is very low. Is it possible to

A. Get these bills combined onto one bill with only one standing charge?
    B. get a once off low usage connection for the cattle shed that does not require a monthly standing charge?
    C. Get a pre pay meter account that removes the need for a bill?

Thanks,
    Adne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Adne,

Yes, a customer can have the two bills combined and with one standing charge. This would require the wiring, by an electrician, of everything into one meter. Once this is completed, if the customer contacts us with the RM serial number of the meter no longer required, we will log a Disconnection Service Order to remove it. On Electric Ireland's side there would be a disconnection fee of €79.45. There may be additional costs from ESB Networks to have the meter actually taken away.
    Adne wrote:
    Is it possible to get a once off low usage connection for the cattle shed that does not require a monthly standing charge?
    This is not possible unfortunately.

A pre-pay meter can be installed provided certain criteria are met: for example, arrears - amount dependent on account/payment history, certain credit worthiness rating, among others. If you would like to apply to have one installed, do private message me your details and I will submit a request to have your details assessed.

Any further queries, do let me know. :)

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement