Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Have any of these chinese phones got 4G capability - I havent seen any yet....

Hi

I think I read a new Mediatek chip MTK6595 is coming out approx June 2014

This will be 4g and - i think - dual sim

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    And their false promises from their support staff! Nearly a month and it hadn't been processed and now waiting for my refund! Grrrr

Mixeshop from now on for me!

I had to open a Paypal dispute with them(Merimobiles) to sort out my own refund.
    They really are a terribly poor company customer service wise,
    They spent a month telling me the refund was ''processing'' and then offered a partial refund of less than 40% of what was owed.
    Luckily I had a full email trail, and logs of their promises.
    Opened a Paypal dispute and escalated it to paypal resolution and received a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

banie01 wrote: »
    I had to open a Paypal dispute with them(Merimobiles) to sort out my own refund.
    They spent a month telling me the refund was ''processing'' and then offered a partial refund of less than 40% of what was owed.
    Opened a Paypal dispute and escalated it to paypal resolution and received a full refund.

I F**ked and blinded all over chat and told them I was going posting on all Chinese phone forums what a poor company they were! Had a refund in 5 mins after that threat!

Used mixeshop for different things before and they are a dream compared to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Nearly a week now waiting on it to be shipped, getting worried its another fob off like what happened to glenview :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

banie01 wrote: »

they dicked me around as well,
    etotalk all the way from now on!
    btw
    what you guys think of this for an inexpensive "mini" phone?
    http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p7-mini_p5402.html
    97 bucks!!!! plus postage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Have any of these chinese phones got 4G capability - I havent seen any yet....

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/02/18/top-10-4g-lte-chinese-phones-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Do Mixeshop root phones if you ask them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Was literally just about to order the G4 off Merimobiles today until seeing this horror of a page.

Was literally just about to order the G4 off Merimobiles today until seeing this horror of a page.

Honestly other than a slow processing time I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

I'm a chicken, haha.

How many successful orders have you received Mick, and how long average did it take to receive?
    What phone you currently using now at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same as above merimobiles are good apart from the processing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

eamonnq wrote: »

you'll have to get a laptop bag to carry that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Hi

First post here

I got this phone from etotalk 2 weeks ago
    http://www.etotalk.com/lenove-a850_p4143.html

There was a slight delay as they were waiting for stock but they kept me updated all along.

The phone itself is really good value for the price worked out at €161 delivered. Its easily as quick as my iphone 3gs plus I dual sim benefits. Its 5.5" screen means it is big and does attract a lot of comments, however on the plus side its great for games or the streaming netflix etc.

If ordering from etotalk definitely get the etotalk mod rom which means the phone is rooted to english plus has google play etc pre installed. I got gift packaging which I think helped it avoid customs and recieved the phone 3 days after shipping.

I for one will definetly use etotalk again

I'm a chicken, haha.

How many successful orders have you received Mick, and how long average did it take to receive?
    What phone you currently using now at the moment?

3 so far, takes 5 working days to process, have a Jiayu G3ST

Panthro wrote: »
    you'll have to get a laptop bag to carry that!

I think it comes with a few helium-filled balloons as well !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057133797

Another reason why I order online, the shops here rip people off for inferior specs. I cant believe the poster there is getting so annoyed at me for saying ive a better cheaper phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lurking here for a bit and still none the wiser. Ive a HTC One x plus and am looking for an upgrade. Id be willing to spend 150-180 on a decent spec phone. Can somebody recommend me a good upgrade to this?

GBX wrote: »
    Lurking here for a bit and still none the wiser. Ive a HTC One x plus and am looking for an upgrade. Id be willing to spend 150-180 on a decent spec phone. Can somebody recommend me a good upgrade to this?

Would the specs on that not be better than what we buy :S

You think?
    4.7 screen
    Height 134.4
    Width 69.9
    Depth 8.9
    720 x 1280 Screen
    1.7GHz Quad Core, Nvidia Tegra 3
    64gb storage - but havent used half?

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057133797

Another reason why I order online, the shops here rip people off for inferior specs. I cant believe the poster there is getting so annoyed at me for saying ive a better cheaper phone :p

For an extra 50 euro they could have gotten an 6inch Octacore !!

Though in fairness to them, if their phone starts falling apart they can bring it back to DID !!

You think?
    4.7 screen
    Height 134.4
    Width 69.9
    Depth 8.9
    720 x 1280 Screen
    1.7GHz Quad Core, Nvidia Tegra 3
    64gb storage - but havent used half?

Yup for 180 you wont get anything like that.

eamonnq wrote: »
    For an extra 50 euro they could have gotten an 6inch Octacore !!

Though in fairness to them, if their phone starts falling apart they can bring it back to DID !!

I buy phones so often if it breaks its replaced :pac:

Yup for 180 you wont get anything like that.

Ah right so ... Im overlooking the fact I got it on contract for about 150 upgrade - so therefore the overall cost of this phone with specs would be spread over the cost of contract.
    Thanks for the reply

Ah right so ... Im overlooking the fact I got it on contract for about 150 upgrade - so therefore the overall cost of this phone with specs would be spread over the cost of contract.
    Thanks for the reply

I think you can get a octa core for that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

don't buy octa core yet.
    let them iron out the problems. i'd say 6-8 months.

Your phone is superior than most still on the market. You'd need a Note 3 to notice any real upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I buy phones so often if it breaks its replaced :pac:

What do you do with the broken ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Mars Bar wrote: »
    ...I'm tiny and my hands are tiny! I currently have an xperia Ray and the screen is 3.3 inches. I'd imagine anything over 4 inches would be uncomfortable in my hand. ....

Some would say once you're over a 4" screen most people won't be able to use it one handed. Especially if the power button is stretch. Not everyone cars about using a phone with one hand.

I think you can get a octa core for that price though.

Yeah? Anything you can recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭liamtech

is it not possible to un-brick an MT65xx fone as long as u have a scatter recovery? Assuming its not hardware bricked of course?
    Ive been reading a lot about these since buying mine

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement