Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Been away from this thread for a while, looking for a decent phablet, Galaxy Note sized, has there been any lately?

I thought the Jiayu G5 was 4.5" but half the ads for it say its what Im looking for 5.7"-6", is this a typo?

http://www.merimobiles.com/jiayu-g5-32gb-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-android-os-5-7-inch-full-hd-screen-3g-smartphone_p/meri9086.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Thargor wrote: »
    Been away from this thread for a while, looking for a decent phablet, Galaxy Note sized, has there been any lately?

I thought the Jiayu G5 was 4.5" but half the ads for it say its what Im looking for 5.7"-6", is this a typo?

http://www.merimobiles.com/jiayu-g5-32gb-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-android-os-5-7-inch-full-hd-screen-3g-smartphone_p/meri9086.htm

It's 4.5 inch screen

Review here (with video near the bottom of the post)

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/11/07/jiayu-g5-unboxing-hands-on-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thargor wrote: »

I have a THL T200C on the way to me, 6inch gorilla glass screen, Octacore. Is probably a bit too big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks like a beast of a phone, will you review it when you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thank **** it shipped :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

eamonnq wrote: »
    I have a THL T200C on the way to me, 6inch gorilla glass screen, Octacore. Is probably a bit too big!!

Sweet. I've been looking at this. Love my cheap THL W100 and this looks unreal. I think I remember you saying you wouldn't buy it for more than €200 delivered (could have been someone else).

You hardly got it for that price?

Sweet. I've been looking at this. Love my cheap THL W100 and this looks unreal. I think I remember you saying you wouldn't buy it for more than €200 delivered (could have been someone else).

You hardly got it for that price?

That was me alright, but I 'extended' myself a bit for this time. If I was buying a 5inch or less I would not have gone over the 200euro. I think this actually might be too big for my own use so it might be gettting 'passed on'.

Most of the time when I am using a 'phone' it is not for making phone calls, so the bigger screen would be a major plus, and was going to try get a cheap tablet to use XBMC around the house but this might kill two birds with the one stone (plus its other uses as a sat nav, camera, games, e-reader etc!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fergusretro

I've been using a zopo zp990+ for the past week and a bit. Ordered through mixeshop. I went for the euexp shipping to avoid paying customs, and to get it relatively quickly. So far it's been fine.
    I was using a Jiayu G4 before this phone, but wanted a larger screen because I'm currently working in London with a 90min commute and found the 4.7" screen a bit too small for prolonged use.
    The price was about €270 including the euexp delivery. The biggest selling point to me over the THL200 was the battery. The zopo is a 3000mah battery, which just about lasts the day. The THL has a 720 display compared to the 1080 of the zopo, although I'm not too sure if 1080 is really warranted on a phone.
    I had to root it myself which was no problem using framaroot. The Gps seems better than the Jiayu g4, but I haven't used it as a gps in the car yet, which was where the Jiayu G4 fell down.
    The call quality seems good and signal reception seems ok, although maybe not quite as good as the Jiayu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

for a phablet you guys should look at ioceans new one

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/02/25/video-octacore-iocean-g7-unboxing-first-hands/

6.44 inches, a bit big for my liking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

6.44 inches, a bit big for my liking!!

Ah I saw someone say that the THL has a 6inch screen thats why I recommended it. its only a 5 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seannash wrote: »
    Screen resolutions isnt great

for under 100 dolla not bad phone at all i reckon

seanin4711 wrote: »
    for under 100 dolla not bad phone at all i reckon

Its not bad but stretching that resolution over a 5 inch screen isnt going to be good.

Its not bad but stretching that resolution over a 5 inch screen isnt going to be good.

Had that resolution on the A830 was decent tbh.

Had that resolution on the A830 was decent tbh.

Decent compared to what though

Decent compared to what though

My Jiayu G3ST

Ah I saw someone say that the THL has a 6inch screen thats why I recommended it. its only a 5 inch

The THL T200C is a 6inch, but 6.44 inch is way too big!!

Phone said shipped yesterday, how long do you think delivery will be by DHL.

• Advertisement

Phone said shipped yesterday, how long do you think delivery will be by DHL.

Probably be with you tomorrow or Thursday, don't forget to make sure you have the money for the VAT and handling charge.

Probably be with you tomorrow or Thursday, don't forget to make sure you have the money for the VAT and handling charge.

Usually takes longer doesnt it? It was shipped from merimobiles Monday so has to be processed in DHL offices etc Im thinking Friday or Monday.

Once it starts moving, it usually only takes a few days, did you get a tracking number yet ?

Once it starts moving, it usually only takes a few days, did you get a tracking number yet ?

Yeh DHL takes up to 48 hrs to update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Just seen my phone is in BE, which I'm assuming is Belgium!! Using EUEXP delivery! Can't wait for it to arrive :D

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Just seen my phone is in BE, which I'm assuming is Belgium!! Using EUEXP delivery! Can't wait for it to arrive :D

After all that waiting!

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Sent Friday, and in Belgium today, probably be with you by this Friday so.

Yeh DHL takes up to 48 hrs to update :(

It will probably be halfway here before you can track it!!

It will probably be halfway here before you can track it!!

I hope, really hope its a good phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

Can anyone recomend a cheap dual sim phone that isnt too big. If I am honest all I need it for is:

Phone
    Camera
    Music
    Sat Nav (Navfree)
    Internet
    Thats basically it to be honest. I have a jaiyu g3 at the moment and the screens broke and it goes mad all the time. My only other complaint would be that it is a bit too big. I dont really need the premium features, just a phone thats reasonably up to date in terms of software.

any recommendations obviously individual phones would be great, but if not then phone brands and even which are the best shops to buy them from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement