Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

raymann wrote: »
    Can anyone recomend a cheap dual sim phone that isnt too big. If I am honest all I need it for is:

Phone
    Camera
    Music
    Sat Nav (Navfree)
    Internet
    Thats basically it to be honest. I have a jaiyu g3 at the moment and the screens broke and it goes mad all the time. My only other complaint would be that it is a bit too big. I dont really need the premium features, just a phone thats reasonably up to date in terms of software.

any recommendations obviously individual phones would be great, but if not then phone brands and even which are the best shops to buy them from.

What screen size would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

What screen size would suit?

not giant. somewhere around 4in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

all I need it for is:

Phone
    Camera
    Music
    Sat Nav (Navfree)
    Internet

That is nearly all any of us need them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

If a single sim phone isn't a deal-breaker I'd go for the Xiaomi Mi2s.

4.3 inch screen, Qualcomm processor and Xiaomi update their MiUI weekly

eamonnq wrote: »
    That is nearly all any of us need them for.

perhaps my point is that i dont need the top specs in any of these. one of the reasins im getting a china phone is so that i dont have to worry too much about it cost wise as i travel a lot for my work. my g3 is only a year old and it looks like its done two tours of vietnam.

i suppose i am looking for a budget phone that does everything ok and if possible one that stands out. hopefully a little smaller than the g3 as well.
    brimal wrote: »
    If a single sim phone isn't a deal-breaker I'd go for the Xiaomi Mi2s.

4.3 inch screen, Qualcomm processor and Xiaomi update their MiUI weekly

ah i travel a lot for work and the dual sim is a god send. much appreciate the response though. what do you think of this one:

http://www.mixeshop.com/jiayu-jyg2f-g2f-mt6582-quad-core-13ghz-43inch-gorilla-glass-screen-1gb-ram4gb-rom-2mp8mp-android-42-2200mah-battery-gps-smartphone_p3490.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Guys my Galaxy S2 has finally given in after 3 years.

I've been reading this thread extensively and you've all convinced me to go for one of these china phones. The specs are unreal. The only thing I am wondering though is it just 3G they can pick up, not H+ (I think it's call hspa?) I was just about to buy one tonight but couldn't find any where on etotalk or merimobile with H+ internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

That looks like pretty good value. GPS should work with the mtk6582. I'm only assuming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭dahat

90sBla wrote: »
    Guys my Galaxy S2 has finally given in after 3 years.

I've been reading this thread extensively and you've all convinced me to go for one of these china phones. The specs are unreal. The only thing I am wondering though is it just 3G they can pick up, not H+ (I think it's call hspa?) I was just about to buy one tonight but couldn't find any where on etotalk or merimobile with H+ internet.

My Neo picks up H+ no bother on two different networks but had problems with O2 but that could be a location thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

just read this in the specs for that phone.
    NOTE:For Now JIAYU G2F Just Arrived GSM Version, 3G Only Can Use In China,

Am interested in a cheap dual sim again, had the first of the jiayu g3 and it didn't last to long but willing to give them another go after my acer liquid e2 was the worst phone i've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

cheers for the reply!
    So if the info says 3G Network:
    WCDMA:900/2100MHz, it's grand for H.

The neo looks quite good. any comments about battery life and camera? I'm also looking at those crazy octa core phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

tuborg_man wrote: »
    just read this in the specs for that phone.
    NOTE:For Now JIAYU G2F Just Arrived GSM Version, 3G Only Can Use In China,

Am interested in a cheap dual sim again, had the first of the jiayu g3 and it didn't last to long but willing to give them another go after my acer liquid e2 was the worst phone i've ever owned.

Good thing you spotted that. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot in the price range that compares favourably.

That Jiayu G2F is extremely good value for money.

The WCDMA version (European 3G networks) won't be out for a few more weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The international JiaYu G2F models screen is only 854 x 480 compared to 1280 x 720 on the Chinese model. Kind of off putting.

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/03/04/jiayu-confirms-jiayu-g2f-wcdma-specs-international-model/

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The international JiaYu G2F models screen is only 854 x 480 compared to 1280 x 720 on the Chinese model. Kind of off putting.

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/03/04/jiayu-confirms-jiayu-g2f-wcdma-specs-international-model/

I didn't know that - that's very disappointing.

Still great value phone but it would put a lot of people off now.

Khannie wrote: »
    Not sure tbh. I just fired it up to test the lock time. I'll give it a whirl next time I'm in the car and let you know.

Were you still not in the car yet?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seanin4711 wrote: »

Ffs :( ah im sure ill like my new Lenovo just as much......

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Quigsmire

Has anyone ever bought anything off DHgate? Also what do I need to ensure a mobile has, before it can use mobile internet data (3g) ? Thanks:)

brimal wrote: »
    That Jiayu G2F is extremely good value for money.

The WCDMA version (European 3G networks) won't be out for a few more weeks though.

right so i have two choices.

a) the chinese version that is available to order now that has a better screen resolution but no 3g outside of china

b) the international version that is the same phone spec wise, but with a worse screen resolution. also this phone is not available now.

No NFC ?

• Advertisement

DHL have not updated since monday, this is a joke.

DHL have not updated since monday, this is a joke.

Does the tracking show anything at all on the DHL website? If not they might not even have the parcel yet, as some senders advise the DHL tracking number but it is only 'allocated' to the parcel and the parcel may not be with DHL. Hopefully this is not the case and the phone will show up before it even starts tracking on DHL.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Does the tracking show anything at all on the DHL website? If not they might not even have the parcel yet, as some senders advise the DHL tracking number but it is only 'allocated' to the parcel and the parcel may not be with DHL. Hopefully this is not the case and the phone will show up before it even starts tracking on DHL.

Shipping information received, the joke is merimobiles, this happened with the Jiayu as well, Merimobiles said that the shipping number was wrong and oh hey look heres a new one, I'm done with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Hey all :)
    Thinking about buying a Jiayu G4 advanced from mixeshop. Just wondering if people think they are generally reliable? Reading mostly positive reports on this thread but when I google them there are plenty of people complaining about faulty products and poor service etc?

Really need a new phone so hopefully ye can allay my fears haha :D

kisaragi wrote: »
    Hey all :)
    Thinking about buying a Jiayu G4 advanced from mixeshop. Just wondering if people think they are generally reliable? Reading mostly positive reports on this thread but when I google them there are plenty of people complaining about faulty products and poor service etc?

Really need a new phone so hopefully ye can allay my fears haha :D

Every company will receive complaints, from what ive read on here mixeshop seem to be one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Will mixeshop root a phone before sending it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Which phone would people recommend here lads?

The Elephone P8 and ZP998 look very impressive, but surely at that price their must be some sort of downside?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Will mixeshop root a phone before sending it out?

I emailed them before and the said all phones come rooted with playstore, but I would mail them yourself to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Shipping information received, the joke is merimobiles, this happened with the Jiayu as well, Merimobiles said that the shipping number was wrong and oh hey look heres a new one, I'm done with them now.

etotalk get all my business from now on

• Advertisement

etotalk get all my business from now on

Same here, just merimobiles had the lenovo cheapest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement