Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

eamonnq wrote: »
    So was that a week from shipping date to delivery date ? Not bad!!

Ya ordered last Tuesday, posted on the Friday and was delivered today! Just as fast as the dhl delivery of the one I got before Xmas! And no customs charges through EUEXP is great! Can't wait to get it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Ya ordered last Tuesday, posted on the Friday and was delivered today! Just as fast as the dhl delivery of the one I got before Xmas! And no customs charges through EUEXP is great! Can't wait to get it now!

Mine apparently arrived in Belgium today, so hopefully middle or end of next week I should get my grubby hands on it.

Now to start looking for my next one!!!:D

Just looking at ROMs there now for it! Half afraid as I bricked an old Galaxy ace it got to play with a few months ago trying to flash a ROM so think I should stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you cant really brick these phones, unless you go out of your way.
    The guides are so simple, i've flashed 10+ ROM's and had no trouble. Pure easy nowadays.

A couple of years ago it took time, now its just through it on it and flash, and you're away.

Depending on the phone and the ROM you're getting, it should be grand. Just look at getting a different launcher as the stock ones are usually pure ****e.

you cant really brick these phones, unless you go out of your way.
    The guides are so simple, i've flashed 10+ ROM's and had no trouble. Pure easy nowadays.

A couple of years ago it took time, now its just through it on it and flash, and you're away.

Depending on the phone and the ROM you're getting, it should be grand. Just look at getting a different launcher as the stock ones are usually pure ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Just looking at ROMs there now for it! Half afraid as I bricked an old Galaxy ace it got to play with a few months ago trying to flash a ROM so think I should stay away!

Samsungs are poxes to flash!

Made ****e of it anyhow!

Will have to do a bit more research anyhow!

Some cool ROMs for the g5 advanced anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I have a generic octo core MTK 65... erm, 89? Is it?

I have a few problems. The major one is with regard to battery. Cell standby and phone idle are draining things big time. Together they add up to 60+% of the drain. With heavy use, and the screen active for a good portion of the time, and at full brightness, it only counts for 10% or so. So something is definitely up. Anyone have any tips/pointers?

Second issue I'm having is regarding the GPS. It's generally inaccurate and buggy. Sometimes it does work for driving - however, sometimes it's completely off. Sort of important, as I'm a short hop delivery driver!

Any advice would be appreciated. There is no brand / tag. It's a N3+ 'octo core'. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVYFLRK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Cell standby and phone idle would normally account for about 60% tbh m8,so that's not your problem,

My screen brightness only accounts for 4%,so that could be a factor,or it could just be a bad battery,

is it charging to 100% and roughly how long do you get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm surprised you are having trouble with GPS. The phone linked has the latest MTK chip (MTK6592), which is supposed to have resolved the MTK GPS issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 shhkip

Anybody ever have anything delivered with the normal registered post from mixeshop?(singpost) if so how long did it take?

shhkip wrote: »
    Anybody ever have anything delivered with the normal registered post from mixeshop?(singpost) if so how long did it take?

yea got a spare battery and cover and few screen protectors the other day. Took 14 days from when i ordered to it being delivered. Was quite impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Half afraid as I bricked an old Galaxy ace it got to play with a few months ago trying to flash a ROM so think I should stay away!

Galaxy Ace was the most awkward phone I've ever had to flash, pretty much every other Samsung is grand, designers just seem to have poured Mordor-tier malice into that device.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shhkip

RossieMan wrote: »
    yea got a spare battery and cover and few screen protectors the other day. Took 14 days from when i ordered to it being delivered. Was quite impressed.

Cool, waiting for my repaired phone to come back, tracking said it was despatched to Ireland today so hoping ill have it late next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Been looking at getting a decent Chinese android phone on the cheap. Best I've seen so far is 115 for a quad core one. I've only looked on dealextreme and honestly wouldn't have a clue where else to look. Where's the best place to start looking?

Aspiring wrote: »
    Been looking at getting a decent Chinese android phone on the cheap. Best I've seen so far is 115 for a quad core one. I've only looked on dealextreme and honestly wouldn't have a clue where else to look. Where's the best place to start looking?

hmmm I'm sure there's a thread with 260+ pages of info somewhere :P

Just take a look at the last few pages and see where people have ordered from.

Have you gotten your hands on your phone yet?

Have you gotten your hands on your phone yet?

Nope, heading back up to Kildare this evening for work, so will get it then! Anticipation is a killer :P ;)

Nope, heading back up to Kildare this evening for work, so will get it then! Anticipation is a killer :P ;)

DHL says my phone cleared customs.....on the weekend :S hope to have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

DHL says my phone cleared customs.....on the weekend :S hope to have it tomorrow.

Make sure you have the few bob ready for them, in case they want it this time!!:P

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Make sure you have the few bob ready for them, in case they want it this time!!:P

Already on to them yesterday and asked could I pay in advance, fully expect about 40 to pay.

Haha I was expecting that answer :p I've been having a good look around, am I right in assuming LTE support is rare on Chinese phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

shhkip wrote: »
    Cool, waiting for my repaired phone to come back, tracking said it was despatched to Ireland today so hoping ill have it late next week

I'm thinking of sending my phone over, trying to get the batt to charge can be difficult.
    Mind me asking what the time scale was for sending to them etc?

Haha I was expecting that answer :p I've been having a good look around, am I right in assuming LTE support is rare on Chinese phones.

Poor glenview thought he was getting one with LTE until he got fecked over.

I see some phones that say "4G Rom" but yeah don't think it's got anything to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Within the next month or so, all the major Chinese brands will have 4G/LTE phones for sale.

Mediatek (the company who produce the chipset for most Chinese phones) released their 4G/LTE chip last month and there is already planned releases from the major brands this month and the next.

What type of phone are you looking for? There is some amazing flagship phones coming out in the next few weeks - the Oppo Find 7 and OnePlus One for starters. These will be the most powerful phones in the world upon their release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Just to avoid confusion, the Oppo and OnePlus phones I mentioned are not using Mediatek, they are using the more powerful (but more expensive) Qualcomm chip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

My niece just bought a lenova phone off a company called merimobiles and I have to say it's very impressive.

• Advertisement

brimal wrote: »
    Within the next month or so, all the major Chinese brands will have 4G/LTE phones for sale.

Mediatek (the company who produce the chipset for most Chinese phones) released their 4G/LTE chip last month and there is already planned releases from the major brands this month and the next.

What type of phone are you looking for? There is some amazing flagship phones coming out in the next few weeks - the Oppo Find 7 and OnePlus One for starters. These will be the most powerful phones in the world upon their release.

I just want something powerful and reasonably priced to get me back on android. Have an iPhone at the moment and I'm getting a bit sick of it. 4G isn't a necessity the extra speed would just be nice, some HSPA chips are capable of 42 mbits anyway so even a phone with that would be great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement