Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

My niece just bought a lenova phone off a company called merimobiles and I have to say it's very impressive.

What type of Lenovo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shhkip

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm thinking of sending my phone over, trying to get the batt to charge can be difficult.
    Mind me asking what the time scale was for sending to them etc?

posted to them through regular registered post with anpost (€10)
    took about 9 days to get to them, they received it on the 8-feb.
    sent it straight to the factory and it was ready and they shipped back to me on the 5th of march, so took just over 3 weeks for them to get it back from the factory.
    only had the phone 4 days when i dropped it and the bottom half of the touchscreen stopped working, so itching to get it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaysus, a tenner isn't too bad.I was quoted something higher (can't remember the exact amount off the top of my head) figured better off just getting it repaired here.
    never did mind. have to angle the phone when it's plugged in!

RossieMan wrote: »
    yea got a spare battery and cover and few screen protectors the other day. Took 14 days from when i ordered to it being delivered. Was quite impressed.

what was the timeline from when the item was actually shipped til you got it? :D

Panthro wrote: »
    jaysus, a tenner isn't too bad.I was quoted something higher (can't remember the exact amount off the top of my head) figured better off just getting it repaired here.
    never did mind. have to angle the phone when it's plugged in!

i think i was supposed to charged more, but the woman in the post office was sound :D mixeshop fixed and sent it back for free too, so i cant complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So I have had to factory reset my Chinese phone. Any suggestions as to how I can get the English language back on it?

So I have had to factory reset my Chinese phone. Any suggestions as to how I can get the English language back on it?

Go to YouTube and search for how to change the language for whatever android version your using, the menus will be in th same place, just follw and select English

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Collected the Jiayu 5 advanced! :D

It's pretty cool! Coming from an iPhone 5 it's a bit different! A little bit bigger and weighs that extra few grams.

But the colour, touch and feel of the phone is excellent! I love the stainless body!

The wifi is so much better than the note 3 clone i got before Xmas! Just installing my apps, need to get a sim to fit it tomorrow but very happy with the phone! And herself will be delighted taking my iPhone :P

http://www.tmart.com/ZOPO-C2-Platinum-Smartphone-MTK6589-1.5GHz-5.0-Inch-FHD-Screen-Android-4.2-16G-OTG-OTA-White_p221772.html?pageType=description

Brilliant deal, would consider if I was in the market for a new phone :D

Never purchased a phone off of tmart, most items ship in 24 hours which is great, and anything i have ordered off them has been quick and good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

What type of Lenovo.

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a706-4-5-inch-dual-sim-smartphone_p/meri7542.htm

If you pay the 5/6 euros to have it rooted its ready to go out of the box. The only fault with this phone that my niece complains about is that there is only one camera on it. Just looking at the site there that page is one I had saved to my favourites. The phone the niece got is the lenova a656. The phone in the link above I'm thinking of getting my self

• Advertisement

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a706-4-5-inch-dual-sim-smartphone_p/meri7542.htm

If you pay the 5/6 euros to have it rooted its ready to go out of the box. The only fault with this phone that my niece complains about is that there is only one camera on it. Just looking at the site there that page is one I had saved to my favourites. The phone the niece got is the lenova a656. The phone in the link above I'm thinking of getting my self

Looks nice for the spec.

In other news my phone is on the way and the customs was 23 euro half of what I expected :D

Edit: Delivered to my job so have it now......just to get home and mess with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

shhkip wrote: »
    http://www.tmart.com/ZOPO-C2-Platinum-Smartphone-MTK6589-1.5GHz-5.0-Inch-FHD-Screen-Android-4.2-16G-OTG-OTA-White_p221772.html?pageType=description

Brilliant deal, would consider if I was in the market for a new phone :D

Never purchased a phone off of tmart, most items ship in 24 hours which is great, and anything i have ordered off them has been quick and good quality.

Why is the black one so much dearer than the white one?

Pretty much the same specs as the Jiayu G5 and just as pretty too! I think the 5 inch screen might be just a bit big for me so I'm still leaning towards the Jiayu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Jiayu G5 is also stainless steel body, that Zopo is plastic. Not a major issue, but the Jiayu might feel a bit more 'premium'.

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Collected the Jiayu 5 advanced! :D

It's pretty cool! Coming from an iPhone 5 it's a bit different! A little bit bigger and weighs that extra few grams.

But the colour, touch and feel of the phone is excellent! I love the stainless body!

The wifi is so much better than the note 3 clone i got before Xmas! Just installing my apps, need to get a sim to fit it tomorrow but very happy with the phone! And herself will be delighted taking my iPhone :P

Did you receive the 3000mAh battery and charger yet? Did it get sent separately?

Had quick look there, I ordered white but got black....kinda looks nicer so I dont mind, ordered a protective case got one of the fold over things that women use so that will be stored away so Merimobiles kinda fecked up but the fact they marked it as 50 euro good saved me 20 odd so again I dont mind :pac:

brimal wrote: »
    Did you receive the 3000mAh battery and charger yet? Did it get sent separately?

I did, it all came in one package. Pretty sure it's DHL who don't deliver the 2 batteries. I got it by EUEXP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Glenviewjf how much was it altogether ? Looks a lovely phone in black.

Had quick look there, I ordered white but got black....kinda looks nicer so I dont mind, ordered a protective case got one of the fold over things that women use so that will be stored away so Merimobiles kinda fecked up but the fact they marked it as 50 euro good saved me 20 odd so again I dont mind :pac:

2nd update now, they flashed it with 4.2.2 and I think it has cyanogen mod on it not 100% as they have something called a pac man rom on it :D feels nice to hold not too heavy either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

2nd update now, they flashed it with 4.2.2 and I think it has cyanogen mod on it not 100% as they have something called a pac man rom on it :D feels nice to hold not too heavy either :)

I haven't used it, but apparently it combines the best elements of cyanogenmod with other 2 other kangs, to offer something a little different. http://www.pac-rom.com/#Home
    Good rom to have on it by the looks of it.

Simi wrote: »
    I haven't used it, but apparently it combines the best elements of cyanogenmod with other 2 other kangs, to offer something a little different. http://www.pac-rom.com/#Home
    Good rom to have on it by the looks of it.

Good stuff, a stable rom is what I wanted :)

• Advertisement

Question guys changed my sim to fit the new jiayu but it keeps having to use roaming to send messages and get on the web?? Any ideas?

Question guys changed my sim to fit the new jiayu but it keeps having to use roaming to send messages and get on the web?? Any ideas?

Can you turn roaming off?

If i turn off roaming nothing works... No internet, sms or phone calls... :S

Found a fix!

Not sure if im allowed link other forums to help or not so sorry if im breaking rules!

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Question-HDC-One-S6-MTK6589T-Cellular-data-problem

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2420249

Working perfectly now!

Ah lads never been so dissapointed with a phone :( battery is horrid, cant synce google apps, theres no options on the apps due to crap hotkeys, a few other bits arghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah lads never been so dissapointed with a phone :( battery is horrid, cant synce google apps, theres no options on the apps due to crap hotkeys, a few other bits arghhhhh

Which phone is that?

Seems to me it's the ROM at fault here, even for the bad battery life.

I would ditch the hybrid ROM you have on it and flash a fresh up to date Cyanogenmod on it.

What Lenovo phone is it again? Tried searching through the thread but can't find it.

brimal wrote: »
    Seems to me it's the ROM at fault here, even for the bad battery life.

I would ditch the hybrid ROM you have on it and flash a fresh up to date Cyanogenmod on it.

What Lenovo phone is it again? Tried searching through the thread but can't find it.

Lenovo k860i, I couldnt flash it to save my life.

Sounds you pulled the short straw Mick!

Delighted with the 5 Advanced besides the hicups encountered it is finally working smoothly!

• Advertisement

Sounds you pulled the short straw Mick!

Delighted with the 5 Advanced besides the hicups encountered it is finally working smoothly!

Dunno what ill do tbh, could sell it easy enough or swap it, let someone else flash the rom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement