Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Lenovo k860i, I couldnt flash it to save my life.

Put it up on adverts quick!! You might get some kind soul to give you 50euro for it!! :D

jk: If you get stuck with flashing it and want me to give it a go let me know, (once you are not in a hurry for it though!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

if i buy the following:
    http://www.mixeshop.com/inew-m2-mtk6589-quad-core-50-inch-android-42-1gb-4gb-50mp-camera-smartphone_p2679.html

do i have to root the phone or will it work as normal android phone i.e google play store , google music .

sorry for ignorance but new to rooting phones etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

if i buy the following:
    http://www.mixeshop.com/inew-m2-mtk6589-quad-core-50-inch-android-42-1gb-4gb-50mp-camera-smartphone_p2679.html

do i have to root the phone or will it work as normal android phone i.e google play store , google music .

sorry for ignorance but new to rooting phones etc

I would not buy that phone mate. I know it's good price but the specs are very poor. The battery is extremely small (1700mAh) and it has to power a 5 inch screen too. Very low resolution (on a 5 inch screen it would look worse too). CPU and GPU aren't the best either.

For another $18 you can get the much better iNew v3

http://www.mixeshop.com/inew-v3-mtk6582-quad-core-50-1280720-ogs-screen-android-42-1gb-16gb-gesture-sensor-gyroscope-sensor-nfc-otg-ultrathin-smartphone_p3004.html

Slightly better battery, better chipset, better screen and resolution, etc.

I think it's only available in white now though..

----

The other guys on here can answer your question re: rooting, I have only bought Xiaomi phones so far from China and they come rooted, but no Play Store installed (very easy to install it however)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Wow this has to be the best priced chinese phone?

Octa core, good screen, 1gb ram, 138 euro?!

http://www.mixeshop.com/cubot-x6-smartphone-mtk6592-17ghz-50-inch-ogs-screen-1gb-16gb-android-42_p3630.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the problem with flashing Mick? Its really not as hard as it sounds, try doing it on a different pc if it never works on your own one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the problem with flashing Mick? Its really not as hard as it sounds, try doing it on a different pc if it never works on your own one...

Ive no idea I follow all instructions and all I ever get is aborted when I go to flash it.

And have you made an account on forum.xda-developers.com and asked in the relevant section? Chances are someone will come along straight away and tell you what you're doing wrong.

And have you made an account on forum.xda-developers.com and asked in the relevant section? Chances are someone will come along straight away and tell you what you're doing wrong.

Don't they hate noobs? Im gonna check out of the chinese shops locally and see will they do it at least ill have comeback if it goes balls up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't they hate noobs? Im gonna check out of the chinese shops locally and see will they do it at least ill have comeback if it goes balls up.

Nope. I completely screwed up a Sony phone before when flashing and I got loads of help there. I managed to get it up and running again with their help.

Nope. I completely screwed up a Sony phone before when flashing and I got loads of help there. I managed to get it up and running again with their help.

I may look into it, ill give it a few days and see what pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I may look into it, ill give it a few days and see what pans out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1906490

In the first post, grey box, there is a guide on how to root your k860i

Try root it first and see if it works. Once rooted there is many custom ROMs to choose from in that thread (Cyanogenmod, MiUI, etc.) - even updated/improved versions of the stock ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Don't they hate noobs?

There a large difference between a newbie and a n00b, everyone hates n00bs, nobody minds helping a newbie.

brimal wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1906490

In the first post, grey box, there is a guide on how to root your k860i

Try root it first and see if it works. Once rooted there is many custom ROMs to choose from in that thread (Cyanogenmod, MiUI, etc.) - even updated/improved versions of the stock ROM

Its rooted already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

My jiayu g4 is finally on the way out after a few months of ****acting. I'm delighted, now I have to get a new phone, nothing worked as it should. WiFi constantly droped, no 3g at all and hardly any Gps. If these did work, the phone would have been unreal for the money but got what I played for I suppose. Dunno if I'll chance another Chinese job. I do know that I'll wait for a few people to have one before I get one this time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My jiayu g4 is finally on the way out after a few months of ****acting. I'm delighted, now I have to get a new phone, nothing worked as it should. WiFi constantly droped, no 3g at all and hardly any Gps. If these did work, the phone would have been unreal for the money but got what I played for I suppose. Dunno if I'll chance another Chinese job. I do know that I'll wait for a few people to have one before I get one this time

Would you send it back to them? presuming its still under warranty.

Panthro wrote: »
    Would you send it back to them? presuming its still under warranty.

I was going through different Roms hoping to find a fix but had no luck and now the warranty is up. Doesn't matter anymore really anyway, cracked the screen yesterday so the touchscreen is a bit messed up. On the hunt for a something new. I haven't been on this thread in a while and only just seen there's octa core out now. News to me. I'd go down the Chinese route again if I knew the issues I had with the G4 weren't gonna be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

was it a years warranty?
    I've a Jiayu g4 since Oct. The connection to the charger is buggered. Have to put the phone at a serious angle to get a charge going. I was thinking of returning, a guy in here did and got his phone back 3 weeks later.
    Just seems like a hassle!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Lenovo never missed a beat

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I've had 2x Jiayu G2 & an Umi X2 but my.next phone will be more regular model. CPW UK had the Nexus 5 for £240 recently which isn't much more than I spent on the Umi X2. The main reason for reverting is warranty, screen repair & quality of accessories. A wirking GPS would be nice too. Chinese phones were worth it when there was a large price differential, their advantage has been eroded.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Lenovo never missed a beat

Except for Tallaghtmicks latest one ?

Have had a LENOVO A830 and it does the business, (young fella has it now though) and am awaiting delivery of an Octacore phone now, might keep an eye out on adverts for a cheap K860i over the next few weeks!! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    Except for Tallaghtmicks latest one ?

Have had a LENOVO A830 and it does the business, (young fella has it now though) and am awaiting delivery of an Octacore phone now, might keep an eye out on adverts for a cheap K860i over the next few weeks!! :D

TBH its the bogey pac man rom thats on it that ruins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

was it a years warranty?
    I've a Jiayu g4 since Oct. The connection to the charger is buggered. Have to put the phone at a serious angle to get a charge going. I was thinking of returning, a guy in here did and got his phone back 3 weeks later.

I should have sent it back a long time ago but thought i'd eventually get a Rom to sort it. Got a bit careless with it and now the screen is cracked so sending mine back would be pointless at this stage. You should send yours back though if its still under warranty. Shouldn't be much hassle if you still have the box for it. Who did you buy it from?

daytob wrote: »

Screen is a bit SMALL on that one, went for the THL T200C (6 inch Gorilla Glass:eek: )

Have a feeling that this might actually be a bit TOO big, so that might be up on adverts too!!

was it a years warranty?
    Could be the cable thats dead not the phone, MicroUSB is designed to wear out the connection first before the port itself.

Screen is a bit SMALL on that one, went for the THL T200C (6 inch Gorilla Glass:eek: )

Have a feeling that this might actually be a bit TOO big, so that might be up on adverts too!!

Have my Lenovo on adverts for 210 hoping to get about 180, no offers except for a phone from 2011 :eek:

Could be the cable thats dead not the phone, MicroUSB is designed to wear out the connection first before the port itself.

Yep, my charger is acting up but the port itself is fine. Is everything else on the phone working properly Panthro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

All this talk of dodgy roms makes me think Etotalk are the best option with their own rom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

You could always swap it with my 5" Neo N003 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement