Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

wiz569 wrote: »
    You could always swap it with my 5" Neo N003 :)

Swap ye mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Phone arrived and I don't think I will be swapping!!

Installed XBMC and it runs no problem at all.

Not TOO big, but still a very big phone, so will take a bit of getting used to.

Everything worked straight away, gapps were already installed. Delighted with it, just have to test the GPS on the way home, but it locked on to a signal fairly quickly (indoors) so am fairly confident.

Had a nice look at the phone today, was able to find a switch to turn on the option icon so thats good, ill test the battery friday and see how it goes, would rather a simpler os though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yep, my charger is acting up but the port itself is fine. Is everything else on the phone working properly Panthro?

Apologies, only spotted this now.Yeah everything else is fine. I don't think it's the charger as I've used it to charge up other things and it works no bother. I have noticed the battery isn't half as good as it was back in Oct. When it first arrived it could last well over 36 hrs straight, now it's barely getting a day's worth.
    Maybe I should send it back.
    Would mean getting a phone for the few weeks it's away though.
    Ohhh noooo....!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Installed the Miui theme, with kit kat icons and nova launcher last night! Makes the phone look much more appealing and easier to use!

Installed handsent SMS for their emojis too!

Very happy overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

MiUI is a great ROM, probably the best from China. Xiaomi put a lot of work (and money) into it.

Over-the-air weekly updates too.

brimal wrote: »
    MiUI is a great ROM, probably the best from China. Xiaomi put a lot of work (and money) into it.

Over-the-air weekly updates too.

Can you get them for all types of phones?

Edit: http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-k860-k860i-miui-v5/ might try flash that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Can you get them for all types of phones?

Edit: http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-k860-k860i-miui-v5/ might try flash that.

there's only one message on that rom, might be best to wait and see if anyone has problems with it.

Yea that Lenovo MiUI isn't an official release.

Here is a list of official MiUI ROMs for different phones:
    http://en.miui.com/download.html

tallaghtmick maybe it's best to look around and find a better ROM for your phone. That link I posted yesterday mentions a few, including Cyanogenmod ROM developed by other users. Probably best to read through that thread (even though it's 100+ pages :eek:) and see what other users are using.

Actually there is an official MiUI ROM for your phone:

http://en.miui.com/download-59.html

• Advertisement

brimal wrote: »
    Actually there is an official MiUI ROM for your phone:

http://en.miui.com/download-59.html

Already seen it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Already seen it :D

Just flash it :D

You know you wanna ;)

wiz569 wrote: »
    Just flash it :D

You know you wanna ;)

Tempted ha still worried ill feck it up :pac:

Tempted ha still worried ill feck it up :pac:

Providing you have a backup stored on the phone,as well as a copy on your pc,then you will be fine,it will either flash or abort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

My phone was only shipped on Tuesday and apparently arrived in Belgium yesterday ^^ Hope it gets to Ireland from Belgium as fast!

kisaragi wrote: »
    My phone was only shipped on Tuesday and apparently arrived in Belgium yesterday ^^ Hope it gets to Ireland from Belgium as fast!

Usually sits there for a few days,so should have it this time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

2nd phone elephone p7 mini ordered monday,delivered this morning no extras again.
    I lurve etotalk and their rom.
    top class service

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

seanin4711 wrote: »
    2nd phone elephone p7 mini ordered monday,delivered this morning no extras again.
    top class service

How much did you pay for it?
    The site shows it as 99USD, but when added to basket it comes in at 150USD...

top class service

Stop rubbing it in :pac:

geecee wrote: »
    How much did you pay for it?
    The site shows it as 99USD, but when added to basket it comes in at 150USD...

144 usd delivered DHL
    need to un-check most of the things they have checked except for etotalk rom( and anything else you want ie cases)
    merimobiles sound like they are merry when i ordered off them.

• Advertisement

kisaragi wrote: »

Nice. Which phone did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shhkip

top class service

That phones looks like great value, love how its called a mini and its 5" :P

still waiting on my delivery, despatched to ireland on the 8th(singpost). Hope it comes early next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

top class service
    did you end up paying customs

daytob wrote: »
    did you end up paying customs

"no extras again"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

looking at the following 2 phones . has anyone any experience of these or recommorendations for anything similar.
    will google playstore be on these or will i have to install .apk myself.
    thanks for help.

http://www.mixeshop.com/jiayu-jyg2f-g2f-mt6582-quad-core-13ghz-43inch-gorilla-glass-screen-1gb-ram4gb-rom-2mp8mp-android-42-2200mah-battery-gps-smartphone_p3490.html

or

http://www.mixeshop.com/zopo-zp700-cuppy-mtk6582-quad-core-13ghz-47-inch-android-42-50mp-camera-3g-gps-otg-ota-smartphone_p3101.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

The first one won't work here unfortunately as it has amazing specs for the price. The second is a noticeable downgrade. But then again it's not bad for such a small amount of money.

why wont it work

Tis the GSM version which only works in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

why wont it work

It has a Chinese 3g radio that doesn't work outside of China. You would still be able to make & receive calls but no data.

The zopo looks decent for the price. There's a play store icon in one of the screenshots. Not definitive, but a good indication that it comes preinstalled.

• Advertisement

what gsm settings do i need to ensure it will work in ireland. sorry for ignorance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement