Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Barr wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a Chinese phone where you can play FM radio with the necessity to put in headphones ?

Yes, nearly all of them. :confused:

WITHOUT ? No

More the GREEK WAREHOUSE I was thinking of. Not much stock there yet but could prove interesting.

http://www.merimobiles.com/greece-warehouse/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    More the GREEK WAREHOUSE I was thinking of. Not much stock there yet but could prove interesting.

http://www.merimobiles.com/greece-warehouse/

Customs etc? They get a lot of greeks commenting on stock so makes sense for them to have a warehouse there! Hows the giant phone?

Customs etc? They get a lot of greeks commenting on stock so makes sense for them to have a warehouse there! Hows the giant phone?

No customs for anyone in the EU (including me), shipping within 24 hours and delivery in 3 days.

The GIANT phone, does not seem so GIANT once you get used to it, battery life is great as well (which suprised me), installed XBMC on it as well. Have yet to try the NFC thing (thought there was 1 tag supplied with the phone but there wasn't).

No customs for anyone in the EU (including me), shipping within 24 hours and delivery in 3 days.

The GIANT phone, does not seem so GIANT once you get used to it, battery life is great as well (which suprised me), installed XBMC on it as well. Have yet to try the NFC thing (thought there was 1 tag supplied with the phone but there wasn't).

So its a keeper?

• Advertisement

So its a keeper?

Think I might have it sold, but will probably get another one for myself!! Or maybe something similar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Which of the giant phones is this?

6inch THL T200C Octacore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Yes, nearly all of them. :confused:

WITHOUT ? No

It’s just with my existing phone I have to put in a headphone arial to listen to the radio (not streaming)

It would be useful if you can listen to the radio on the phone with the need to add an external device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Has anyone come across a Chinese phone where you can play FM radio with the necessity to put in headphones ?

Oops that should have read without the necessity to put in headphones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

most FM radios use the headphones as an aerial to get the signal. Don't think it'd be very good without it. You'll probably get some sort of app to do it, but can't imagine its worth it.

I just tried my Jiayu G3 there and its working fine without headphones on the default FM radio app that came with it, weak on the Wicklow local stations but perfect on RTE1, 2FM, 4FM etc, bizarre, thats the only device Ive ever had that worked like that, every other one insisted on headphones being plugged in before it would even try and recieve. I can listen to the radio while I shave in the mornings now :D

EDIT: G3 is a bit obsolete now just in case you're new to these phones...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thargor wrote: »
    I just tried my Jiayu G3 there and its working fine without headphones on the default FM radio app that came with it, weak on the Wicklow local stations but perfect on RTE1, 2FM, 4FM etc, bizarre, thats the only device Ive ever had that worked like that, every other one insisted on headphones being plugged in before it would even try and recieve. I can listen to the radio while I shave in the mornings now :D

EDIT: G3 is a bit obsolete now just in case you're new to these phones...

It's not that far off though. I got a moto g to mess around with and there is not a lot of difference in every day performance. The battery life is quite a bit better on the g3. However, there is no comparison when it comes to GPS because the Moto g is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Oops that should have read without the necessity to put in headphones

Have a Lenovo A830 on which the FM radio works with or without headphones, on the original Lenovo Rom, after I changed to a custom rom I used the zip file referenced on this site to re-enable this function on my new rom, this may work on other Android phones?.

Link & info here near the end of the page: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Social-General-Discussion/Lenovo-A820-quad-core-dual-sim-now-99-00/td-p/8337422/page/12

Also use the music app TTpod on this page has some great features. Seems to work on all Android phones. Info & link here:
    http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Social-General-Discussion/Lenovo-A820-quad-core-dual-sim-now-99-00/td-p/8337422/page/237

T-Bird wrote: »
    It's not that far off though. I got a moto g to mess around with and there is not a lot of difference in every day performance. The battery life is quite a bit better on the g3. However, there is no comparison when it comes to GPS because the Moto g is instant.
    Still no complaints and it still runs any new game that comes out, not a scratch on the screen and haven't touched the second battery yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thargor wrote: »
    Still no complaints and it still runs any new game that comes out, not a scratch on the screen and haven't touched the second battery yet either.

Yeah I totally agree. The only reason I got the Moto is because it is more flexible when it comes to messing with newer software. otherwise I would be completely happy with it as it has never gone wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I have a g3 since Christmas and I'm delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Took the plunge and finally went for the Meizu MX3 http://www.gizchina.com/2014/02/14/meizu-mx3-review/

Seems to be a great phone from the hundreds of reviews I've read and watched, so fingers crossed it delivers. Smashed the screen on my One X last weekend so sped up my selection. Was holding out for the Oppo Find 7, looks fantastic but too big for a phone I think. Chose Swiss post as the delivery option so will be a bit slower getting here but hopefully go under the radar of the customs where as I could have had it by next weekend with DHL but would have got stung big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Took the plunge and finally went for the Meizu MX3

The Meizu MX3 is a fantastic phone. Really thin bezels, FlyMe OS 3.0 is cool, amazing screen, etc.

I was almost going to get it but got the Xiaomi Mi3 instead.

Both of these companies are in direct competition with one another now which can only be a good thing for the higher-end Chinese phone market.

brimal wrote: »
    The Meizu MX3 is a fantastic phone. Really thin bezels, FlyMe OS 3.0 is cool, amazing screen, etc.

I was almost going to get it but got the Xiaomi Mi3 instead.

Both of these companies are in direct competition with one another now which can only be a good thing for the higher-end Chinese phone market.

Mi3 looks a great phone and probably has slightly better specs but in everyday use these aren't noticed. Went for the MX3 as I saw photo comparisons and I thought the Meizu came out better but not by much. Hopefully I made the right choice. FlyMe has surfaced on the Xiaomi too, read it on gizchina the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone seen a phone with the following spec:

Dual sim ( Preferably only 1 micro sim, but OK if both)

MTK 6592 - Octa core

Screen below 5.0"

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone seen a phone with the following spec:

Dual sim ( Preferably only 1 micro sim, but OK if both)

MTK 6592 - Octa core

Screen below 5.0"

Thanks

Found this one

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-7-Telsda-Smart-phone-MTK-6592-Octa-core-Cheap-phone-with-13-0MP-camera-tablet/1700046380.html

Is Ali express safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

abarkie wrote: »

I bought 2 things from Aliexpress and never got them, but, I did get my money back though it took a few weeks. So, in my opinion, it is safe, if you don't get your product you will at least get your money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

If I remember correctly they do not get your cash till you confirm you have received your phone,and are happy with it

Avoid them, once bought a Galaxy S3 off them......It was far from a Galaxy S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Avoid them, once bought a Galaxy S3 off them......It was far from a Galaxy S3.

Off that particular seller? Aliexpress is great once you find a reliable seller.

I would avoid that seller though. They have no feedback score at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

What is the significance of 3G: WCDMA 2100MHz instead of WCDMA 900/2100MHz ? Wil a 3G: WCDMA 2100MHz work ok here of does it need to be WCDMA 900/2100MHz??

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Off that particular seller? Aliexpress is great once you find a reliable seller.

I would avoid that seller though. They have no feedback score at all.

God I cant even remember the seller tbh I just wouldnt touch them after it.

Update on my MX3 order. Seller was onto me earlier saying phone would be dispatched in 3-4 days and they upgraded me to DHL shipping. I deliberately avoided Dhl as you always get stung so not happy at all as I will easily have to pay about 100 euro customs. I lost it with the seller in their chat when they told me they won't be able to change delivery options. Why offer other options if you ignore peoples request. I got it from Aliexpress so I might refuse the item and get a refund as its basicly not what I ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Update on my MX3 order. Seller was onto me earlier saying phone would be dispatched in 3-4 days and they upgraded me to DHL shipping. I deliberately avoided Dhl as you always get stung so not happy at all as I will easily have to pay about 100 euro customs. I lost it with the seller in their chat when they told me they won't be able to change delivery options. Why offer other options if you ignore peoples request. I got it from Aliexpress so I might refuse the item and get a refund as its basicly not what I ordered.

What was total cost including delivery from Aliexpress?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement