Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

brimal wrote: »
    What was total cost including delivery from Aliexpress?

345 euro including free delivery. They had three free delivery options, DHL, EMS and Swiss post. I chose Swiss post which is the slowest option but I didn't mind as I knew it had a good chance of avoiding customs. If it does go Dhl I know I can add at leat another hundred on top of that, not a happy camper at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

aaronm13 wrote: »
    345 euro including free delivery. They had three free delivery options, DHL, EMS and Swiss post. I chose Swiss post which is the slowest option but I didn't mind as I knew it had a good chance of avoiding customs. If it does go Dhl I know I can add at leat another hundred on top of that, not a happy camper at the minute.

Ask them to mark it as a 50 euro mp4

Ask them to mark it as a 50 euro mp4

That trick doesn't work with DHL, they are very very good at getting money in for the revenue. Standard post is your best bet.

That trick doesn't work with DHL, they are very very good at getting money in for the revenue. Standard post is your best bet.

I paid 25 for a 200 delivery using that method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

You should use Mixeshop.

http://www.mixeshop.com/meizu-mx3-exynos5410-quad-quad-core-51-inch-1800-x-1080p-gorilla-glass-screen-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-flyme30-otg-wcdma-smartphone_p3270.html

Phone: $405
    EUEXP Shipping (guaranteed no customs, phone comes through Belgium): $41
    Total: $446

That's €322 when converted.

Don't convert to Euros using their site, pay the dollar amount.

• Advertisement

You should use Mixeshop.

http://www.mixeshop.com/meizu-mx3-exynos5410-quad-quad-core-51-inch-1800-x-1080p-gorilla-glass-screen-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-flyme30-otg-wcdma-smartphone_p3270.html

Phone: $405
    EUEXP Shipping (guaranteed no customs, phone comes through Belgium): $41
    Total: $446

That's €322 when converted.

Don't convert to Euros using their site, pay the dollar amount.

That's only the 16gb version, I got the 64gb version and its the Hong Kong version with unlocked bootloader too.

I'll get onto them to mark the package down, nothing to loose at this stage.

That's only the 16gb version, I got the 64gb version and its the Hong Kong version with unlocked bootloader too.

I'll get onto them to mark the package down, nothing to loose at this stage.

Ah sorry mate didn't realise. That's a great price for the 64gb!

Ah sorry mate didn't realise. That's a great price for the 64gb!

Sure is. The delivery mix up has taken the shine off it, hopefully it will work its self out. Can't wait to get my hands on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Has anyone had a chance to compare the build quality between the g4 and g5 advanced or is the g5 just a metal case, after being let down with a g3 i'm hoping for better build quality. Also will i regret getting a g5 instead of an advanced, (the fact i'm asking the question means i prob know the answer already)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I have the g5 advanced! I was afraid getting it as I was changing from an iPhone 5. When I got it I was kinda put out but after installing several mods I love it!

I picked up the 3000MaH battery as well so I have the perforated back! The plastic case that came with it levels it out perfectly though and I sourced a leather case last week to fit it! Should be here this week!

The battery life is brilliant to be fair compared to the iPhone 5, lasts much longer.

I'm delighted I took the leap anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I have the g5 advanced! I was afraid getting it as I was changing from an iPhone 5. When I got it I was kinda put out but after installing several mods I love it!

I picked up the 3000MaH battery as well so I have the perforated back! The plastic case that came with it levels it out perfectly though and I sourced a leather case last week to fit it! Should be here this week!

The battery life is brilliant to be fair compared to the iPhone 5, lasts much longer.

I'm delighted I took the leap anyhow!

Where is the 3000amh option please

Purchased from Mixeshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

abarkie wrote: »
    Where is the 3000amh option please

Purchased from Mixeshop?

Yes mixeshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's under accessories. It's the battery + case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Really nice looking phone and a good size.

What is the GPS like on it ?

Car failed NCT, so I need to sell the Lenovo before ive even had the chance to sort the ROM so boardsies can have it for 150, its up for 180 on adverts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Hi guys,
    First time using aliexpress,liking the look of this phone http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Advance-Sale-ThL-W200S-MTK6592-Octa-Core-5-0-inch-1-7GHz-1GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/1651885642.html
    What you's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Very nice, it has a good lot going for it but, it would be better if it had 2g ram. Then again the price is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

honda boi wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    First time using aliexpress,liking the look of this phone http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Advance-Sale-ThL-W200S-MTK6592-Octa-Core-5-0-inch-1-7GHz-1GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/1651885642.html
    What you's think?

Think there is 2GB / 32GB version

Also I think the battery should be at least 2800amh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ye was looking for a octa core and 2 gb ram phone but cant find any with my budget of 150-170€.Not sure which brands are reliable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Anyone seen the Huawei MediaPad X1 for sale on any reputable sites? Can't find a black one for the life of me, not sure I'm ready to go Aliexpress yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is Euxp shipping from Mixeshop is a joke. Parcel has been sitting in Belgium for 4 days and still no movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It usually just shows as sitting there, but then if you track it on the An Post website it will be in Ireland, I don't think it updates in Belgium once it gets there, but they usually move quickly out, but the tracking doesn't get updated until it is in Ireland. You will probably get it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This is Euxp shipping from Mixeshop is a joke. Parcel has been sitting in Belgium for 4 days and still no movement.

How long since you ordered it?

It normally does sit in Belgium for at least 4 days,but that's the way it works,overall from dispatch in China till delivery in Ireland takes approx 10 days,that's not bad in my book,plus no custom charges

12 days since I ordered it , 8 days since it was shipped. Suppose it's not too bad but just dying to get my hands on it.

12 days since I ordered it , 8 days since it was shipped. Suppose it's not too bad but just dying to get my hands on it.

What phone did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

You should get it midweek at latest I reckon,it will probably show up on An post tracking today or tomorrow :)

What phone did you order?
    Thl T100s

I've opened a claim against mixeshop over shipping, they say they shipped a Neo N003 to me on the 25th of last month and when it hadn't appeared for nearly 3 weeks I got in touch and they told me to call EUEXP; without any info on how to do so, I might add.

I gave them another week with an explicit deadline and then opened a dispute, and their response this morning was that "the order we shipped very early for the order", which I assume means they're doing what eBay sellers are doing these days, marking items as dispatched immediately, whether they are or not.

Bpost is still showing "Item is announced / bpost received the information" this morning, that's all that's ever shown against it. They say they're following up. I've given them until close of business Wednesday and then I'm moving to a claim. I won't be buying from them again.

I've preordered a Sony Xperia Z2 now instead, so if the N003 arrives now I'll have a chinese phone I don't even want. Grrr.

rovoagho wrote: »
    I've opened a claim against mixeshop over shipping, they say they shipped a Neo N003 to me on the 25th of last month and when it hadn't appeared for nearly 3 weeks I got in touch and they told me to call EUEXP; without any info on how to do so, I might add.

I gave them another week with an explicit deadline and then opened a dispute, and their response this morning was that "the order we shipped very early for the order", which I assume means they're doing what eBay sellers are doing these days, marking items as dispatched immediately, whether they are or not.

Bpost is still showing "Item is announced / bpost received the information" this morning, that's all that's ever shown against it. They say they're following up. I've given them until close of business Wednesday and then I'm moving to a claim. I won't be buying from them again.

I've preordered a Sony Xperia Z2 now instead, so if the N003 arrives now I'll have a chinese phone I don't even want. Grrr.

You will sell it on adverts might take a while and some annoying offers but you will.

• Advertisement

I will, but I won't make my money back and I'll expend more in time dealing with the swap-for-my-ad lowballing asshats over there. I could do without that.

My first venture into Chinese phone territory does not inspire confidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement