Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Panthro wrote: »
    Jaysus, the Jiayu G4 advanced is 260 euro.
    I bought mine for 220 I think back in Oct from Mixeshop.
    They could do with lowering the prices a bit

Did you pay customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did you pay customs?

yeah about 20 or 30 quid. But that was the best part of 6 months ago!
    You can buy the same phone from Mixeshop now for about 150quid I'd say.

yeah about 20 or 30 quid. But that was the best part of 6 months ago!
    You can buy the same phone from Mixeshop now for about 150quid I'd say.

Ah good ol' E.U ripping us off left right and centre :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just received my Zopo980+ octacore. Arrived 24 hours after shipping from Italy.
    €240 including shipping. €700 for an iPhone, LOL!

ZOPO ZP980+ Plus 1GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK6592 Octa Core 5-inch FHD Screen 14.0MP Camera Android

VERY nice phone, feels very premium and well built, not at all different from an iPhone. I read quite a bit about buggy software and insufficient RAM but there was an OS update beginning of this month and my phone arrived with 2GB RAM, not the 1GB advertised on their website. So far so good. Haven't noticed anything untoward. This is my second Chinese phone, the previous Xiacocai X9 was also excellent. OH has an iPhone which looks very small an old hat next to this.

Pros:
    Super quality
    pin sharp 5" Screen
    VERY fast - Antutu:26703
    Good battery life
    Sound quality is excellent, speaker veriy loud.
    Camera, photos really clear and sharp
    Well designed and integrated phone overs, got three types.

Cons:
    None yet

ZOPO ZP980+ Plus 1GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK6592 Octa Core 5-inch FHD Screen 14.0MP Camera Android

VERY nice phone, feels very premium and well built, not at all different from an iPhone. I read quite a bit about buggy software and insufficient RAM but there was an OS update beginning of this month and my phone arrived with 2GB RAM, not the 1GB advertised on their website. So far so good. Haven't noticed anything untoward. This is my second Chinese phone, the previous Xiacocai X9 was also excellent. OH has an iPhone which looks very small an old hat next to this.

Pros:
    Super quality
    pin sharp 5" Screen
    Good battery life

Cons:
    None yet

Where did you order this from?

• Advertisement

http://www.zopomobileshop.com

Euro warehouse.

No point going through Tmart as they don't have them in stock and it can take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

savage looking phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That looks a proper phone,compares well to the Neo if even better than on first look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pros:
    Super quality
    pin sharp 5" Screen
    Good battery life

Cons:
    None yet

What are the evening and nightime pictures like?

dahat wrote: »
    What are the evening and nightime pictures like?

Haven't tested that yet, but shot some video indoors, quality was excellent and the cameras flash did a great job of illuminating things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm off to the US for the summer and rather than bringing a camera and a phone, I'm thinking of getting a phone with a good quality camera. That Zopo looks like the real deal. That's just topped the Jiayu G5 Advanced for me!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm off to the US for the summer and rather than bringing a camera and a phone, I'm thinking of getting a phone with a good quality camera. That Zopo looks like the real deal. That's just topped the Jiayu G5 Advanced for me!

R.I.P Man Utd thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

R.I.P Man Utd :pac:

FYP :D

eamonnq wrote: »

Flashed the Lenovo to stock now just need to get Gapps on it any ideas where to get the most up to date Gapps?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

6inch THL T200C Octacore.

How did you find this phone, if ya dont mind me asking? Battery life any good?

Did you go for the case with it? does it offer any protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Flashed the Lenovo to stock now just need to get Gapps on it any ideas where to get the most up to date Gapps?

XDA is usally good for this, try this link it has A GApp manager.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/download-the-correct-gapps-fast-and-easily-with-gapps-manager/

pauleoin wrote: »

Brilliant thanks ill try that later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

So my nubia Z5s mini dream has come crashing down. I ordered from aliexpress. Seller had excellent feedback, 1 day processing time. Was sent via DHL last Wednesday the 19th with 5 days delivery time. Tracking number does not work. I contacted seller, no response. Customs do not have it in Dublin. Just opened a dispute there for a refund. Should have just ordered from Mixeshop etc. I only chose Aliexpress as it was 50 euro cheaper.

90sBla wrote: »
    So my nubia Z5s mini dream has come crashing down. I ordered from aliexpress. Seller had excellent feedback, 1 day processing time. Was sent via DHL last Wednesday the 19th with 5 days delivery time. Tracking number does not work. I contacted seller, no response. Customs do not have it in Dublin. Just opened a dispute there for a refund. Should have just ordered from Mixeshop etc. I only chose Aliexpress as it was 50 euro cheaper.

Another joke from aliexpress, I hate them they are so dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Another joke from aliexpress, I hate them they are so dodgy.
    I don't think you know how Aliexpress works Mick.

90sBla wrote: »
    I only chose Aliexpress as it was 50 euro cheaper.

Was that seller cheaper than the other sellers on Aliexpress or 50 euro cheaper than buying from one of the other sites ?

Have bought lots of things through Aliexpress and have not had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jaysus, the Jiayu G4 advanced is 260 euro.
    I bought mine for 220 I think back in Oct from Mixeshop.
    They could do with lowering the prices a bit
    Yeah the price difference is shocking to be honest.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I don't think you know how Aliexpress works Mick.

Its like a Chinese Ebay but all dodgy ****.

Its like a Chinese Ebay but all dodgy ****.

Yeah just like I thought . Not a clue.

Yeah just like I thought . Not a clue.

Well come on then, enlighten us

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well come on then, enlighten us

Would you write off a whole shopping centre because of one bad experience with one of their retailers? Because that is pretty much what Tallaghtmick has done with Aliexpress.

He has condemned a whole site with over 70million products and 1000s of different sellers because of 1 bad experience ,I personally haven't had any problems with any of the sellers I've used but then again I've always checked that they have good feedback before parting with my money, coincidentally that is exactly what Aliexpress recommend you do.

Would you write off a whole shopping centre because of one bad experience with one of their retailers? Because that is pretty much what Tallaghtmick has done with Aliexpress.

He has condemned a whole site with over 70million products and 1000s of different sellers because of 1 bad experience ,I personally haven't had any problems with any of the sellers I've used but then again I've always checked that they have good feedback before parting with my money, coincidentally that is exactly what Aliexpress recommend you do.

1 bad experience? Try 3 or 4 and yes it is a chinese ebay/amazon, you haven't even answered mars question as to what it is.

I would rather use merimobiles, mixeshop, chinavasion than the cowboys on aliexpress.

• Advertisement

How did you find this phone, if ya dont mind me asking? Battery life any good?

Did you go for the case with it? does it offer any protection?

Did not go for the case with it, the T200C though is a great phone IMO, battery life is suprisingly good as I expected the bigger screen would be harder on the battery, but apparently the Octacore chip is very 'efficient' so the battery has been excellent so far, 2 days with 'moderate' use.

Put XBMC on it as well, and it runs no problem so that is a plus, (want to hook up my Freelander Wifi Display to see how that goes, using XBMC but more for curiousity than planning on actually using it).

Haven't got a NFC tag yet, and need to find a decent mount that will take it for the car also.

Might move it on though and get the T200 !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement