Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

It seems you were right! I replied and got a response. Lets hope they're telling the truth.
    [Saturday, 29 March 2014 19:54] You: Fri Mar 28 07:17:26 PDT 2014
    Hello,

Me : thank you for your reply. Is the phone in customs in China or Ireland? Delivery said 5-8 days. If the phone is still stuck in customs in China then this is unacceptable as I paid extra for the quick delivery.
    [Saturday, 29 March 2014 19:54] You: Emily Wang
    Fri Mar 28 20:48:46 PDT 2014
    Dear friend.

Sorry for your trouble and inconvenience.

We had send your parcel out and the status of it will update online once it pass the customs.

As the strictly inspect for battery, the status of the parcel update online delay.

We are contact with the shipping company and any new information we will tell you first.

Sorry again.

Hope you cancel the dispute for us, it had gave us a bad influence.

Thanks.

Billy-ETstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Think ive got the play store sorted now thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Really liking the specs + price of this http://www.mixeshop.com/thl-t11-mtk6592-octa-core-50-inch-gorilla-glass-hd-screen-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-42-nfc-otg-smartphone_p3692.html
    Will wait to see some sort of reviews/videos before i take the plunge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks like the MTK6592 chip also has GPS issues, only got to give it a good test at the weekend, and heading out the M50 it just randomly drifted off onto nearby roads and start shouting directions as if I was not on the motorway at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

honda boi wrote: »
    Really liking the specs + price of this http://www.mixeshop.com/thl-t11-mtk6592-octa-core-50-inch-gorilla-glass-hd-screen-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-42-nfc-otg-smartphone_p3692.html
    Will wait to see some sort of reviews/videos before i take the plunge

I've the Thl T100S and I love it ,not a whole lot of difference between the two.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Looks like the MTK6592 chip also has GPS issues, only got to give it a good test at the weekend, and heading out the M50 it just randomly drifted off onto nearby roads and start shouting directions as if I was not on the motorway at all.

Rushed development from the MTK crew?

Got an email off Merimobiles 10 Dollars off all THL phones this week with the Code THL and 3% off all Cubot phones over 100 with the code CUB

Rushed development from the MTK crew?

Not sure about that, but I was a bit surprised that it was so bad, as it locks on very quickly and picks up signal from plenty of sats. I have it on my desk now about 7feet from a window and using GPS test, it picks up 5/6 and gives an accuracy of 19 feet.

Had left it on going in and out of work and it seemed to be fine, but that was the first time I gave it a decent test on a long run (I was not driving so was able to play about with it a bit and keep an eye on it.

Not sure about that, but I was a bit surprised that it was so bad, as it locks on very quickly and picks up signal from plenty of sats. I have it on my desk now about 7feet from a window and using GPS test, it picks up 5/6 and gives an accuracy of 19 feet.

Had left it on going in and out of work and it seemed to be fine, but that was the first time I gave it a decent test on a long run (I was not driving so was able to play about with it a bit and keep an eye on it.

Luckily for me GPS isnt an issue but I guess from a selling point its a pox.....unless you lie of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

That is disappointing. I was hoping that any GPS issues should have been resolved with the newer chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Don't. Buy. Chinese. Android. Devices.

you can't get parts for them, the production and assembly is terrible, and you'll have no support for it.

Get a second hand galaxy tab or nexus or something with a decent brand name on it. it'll save you a few headaches.

truedoom wrote: »

you can't get parts for them, the production and assembly is terrible, and you'll have no support for it.

Get a second hand galaxy tab or nexus or something with a decent brand name on it. it'll save you a few headaches.

And cost loads more, most of us here have had no major issues with these phones, I sure as hell wont be spending 300-400 for a phone with inferior specs!

Barr wrote: »
    That is disappointing. I was hoping that any GPS issues should have been resolved with the newer chip.

Yes, as I said it did appear to be working fine (but as I was only leaving it on going in and out of work, I was not paying too much attention to it).

I think it was mentioned somewhere that having bluetooth and GPS on at the same time may cause issues so will have to check further.

Ehhhh..........no thanks. The phone is absolutely amazing otherwise.

I am actually selling it to someone who does not require the GPS thing at all, but I will be replacing it with something similar, if not the exact same one. :D

Yes, as I said it did appear to be working fine (but as I was only leaving it on going in and out of work, I was not paying too much attention to it).

I think it was mentioned somewhere that having bluetooth and GPS on at the same time may cause issues so will have to check further.

Ehhhh..........no thanks. The phone is absolutely amazing otherwise.

I am actually selling it to someone who does not require the GPS thing at all, but I will be replacing it with something similar, if not the exact same one. :D

Are you making profit? I have my Lenovo completely flashed rooted and play store working so its time to give it a go for a few days, im praying the battery issue was just a bad rom :)

Are you making profit? I have my Lenovo completely flashed rooted and play store working so its time to give it a go for a few days, im praying the battery issue was just a bad rom :)

Profit is a dirty word around here!! I will cover the cost of replacing it though and maybe a little extra. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Its a good thing you waded in on this 235 page thread which discusses Chinese phones and how people are getting on with them.

If it wasn't for you all we would have to go on is actual user reports and discussions.

Profit is a dirty word around here!! I will cover the cost of replacing it though and maybe a little extra. :D

Well im assuming it didnt go on adverts as you would have been offered magic beans and a 2011 htc :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Anyone with a T100S know if VOIP is available? Can't see it in the settings. If not, what are you using for SIP VOIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I've the Thl T100S and I love it ,not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Ah might take the plunge so, did u have to root the phone to get rid of the Chinese stuff on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ah might take the plunge so, did u have to root the phone to get rid of the Chinese stuff on the phone?

There was none on it. I had to root it myself even though they said it was rooted before I ordered.

• Advertisement

Rooting is pretty easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

loads of root guides on the internet now for pretty much all phones.

You'd have to do something massively off the wall to actually brick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Rooting is pretty easy :)

As easy as flashing a rom :D

wiz569 wrote: »
    As easy as flashing a rom :D

A lot easier!

Well the flashing of gapps failed no idea why it wont work!

Edit sorted..... I hope! no more crashes etc

Gapps failed? What recovery are you using?

I'd try flashing another recovery and trying again

What recovery are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I flashed miui v5 last night and can't manage to get gapps going :S

RossieMan wrote: »
    Gapps failed? What recovery are you using?

I'd try flashing another recovery and trying again

Cyanogenmod recovery got it working, I downloaded a good few apps no problems, though whatsapp wasnt compatible with my device.....Aptoide sorted that :p

• Advertisement

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I flashed miui v5 last night and can't manage to get gapps going :S

I think the problem I was having was that I was using the wrong Gapps, have you checked the Gapps against the android version running?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement