Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I flashed miui v5 last night and can't manage to get gapps going :S

I think there is a Google Installer on the MiUI Store? Open it up and search Google and it should be in the first few results.

If that doesn't work, try this:

http://en.miui.com/thread-3998-1-1.html

This is from MiUI official forum - if you are still stuck the guys there can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Cheers!

Miui store didn't install with the ROM which was strange...

I'll have a look after work!..

When trying to install Viber it keeps saying problem parsing package.

Besides those hiccups its a nice ROM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Cheers!

Miui store didn't install with the ROM which was strange...

I'll have a look after work!..

When trying to install Viber it keeps saying problem parsing package.

Besides those hiccups its a nice ROM

Get aptoide for the time being its handy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

was thinking of this as something to get me by untill more funds come available.
    http://www.etotalk.com/zopo-zp700_p4801.html
    Don't need anything state of the art, at the moment i'm back to using 512 ram so everything will be a step up,
    Needs to be dual sim.
    Had a 5 inch phone and i was hoping for something smaller this time.
    Anyone any ideas or recommendations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

If anyone is thinking of buying a THL T100S and you don't mind holding on a month or so, I'll be replacing my 2 day old fella as soon as the Sony Z2 comes out. Early to mid-May, according to Clove. Fire a PM at me if you're interested and I'll give you a bell before I put it on Adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Got a tracking number for my Meizu last Tuesday but the EMS site have no record of it so I emailed the seller yesterday to see what was going on. Told me they have a problem in their Hong Kong warehouse and would ship it soon. How can they give me a tracking number but not yet ship the phone. Who knows now when I'll get it but if it doesn't ship in the next week I'll want my money back and hold off for the One + One. Some of these Chinese companies are a nightmare to deal with. They tell you one thing then do the total opposite.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Got a tracking number for my Meizu last Tuesday but the EMS site have no record of it so I emailed the seller yesterday to see what was going on. Told me they have a problem in their Hong Kong warehouse and would ship it soon. How can they give me a tracking number but not yet ship the phone. Who knows now when I'll get it but if it doesn't ship in the next week I'll want my money back and hold off for the One + One. Some of these Chinese companies are a nightmare to deal with. They tell you one thing then do the total opposite.

Who did you buy it off?

Who did you buy it off?

Some seller on Aliexpress. They have a very good rating so will have to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Some seller on Aliexpress. They have a very good rating so will have to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

No comment :pac:

Seems people are having problems with various sellers in this thread, not just Aliexpress.

• Advertisement

Seems people are having problems with various sellers in this thread, not just Aliexpress.

I know I know its a joke, I see mixeshop giving a few hassle, sure I use merimobiles and they take forever to send a phone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My first attempt to buy an android phone ended in the seller giving me a refund eventually .

Now on 11th March , I bought another one in China , and tracking number was provided .

Now last weekend I get an email from seller to say there is a new tracking number .
    This number now cannot be traced either , so I have a feeling my 2nd attempt will end on failure too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

My N003 never arrived from Mixeshop, and they haven't responded to my converting it into a claim. Having a problem with a return to Vuarnet (sunglasses) on my personal account too, gone years without trouble and then two at once!

tallaghtmick, we get it, you don't like aliexpress. Despite the fact that it's not actually aliexpress that's at fault.

I know I know its a joke, I see mixeshop giving a few hassle, sure I use merimobiles and they take forever to send a phone out.
    rovoagho wrote: »
    My N003 never arrived from Mixeshop, and they haven't responded to my converting it into a claim. Having a problem with a return to Vuarnet (sunglasses) on my personal account too, gone years without trouble and then two at once!

tallaghtmick, we get it, you don't like aliexpress. Despite the fact that it's not actually aliexpress that's at fault.

Im quoting myself there to show that it was a joke and that I have a go at 2 other suppliers as well :confused:

Anyway lots of complaints from China in general the past few weeks, not good at all

It's probably a bit of a sweeping statement but in all my years buying stuff from China I have to say their customer service is pretty much zero. They want to get your money so bad they will say and do anything to get it. That's the downside I guess but you get it in the end and for a lot lower price than you would pay in the west.

I like Aliexpress's refund policy so think it's worth the risk where as other Chinese retailers don't have this policy so it's a nice safety in what is a gamble.

It's probably a bit of a sweeping statement but in all my years buying stuff from China I have to say their customer service is pretty much zero. They want to get your money so bad they will say and do anything to get it. That's the downside I guess but you get it in the end and for a lot lower price than you would pay in the west.

I like Aliexpress's refund policy so think it's worth the risk where as other Chinese retailers don't have this policy so it's a nice safety in what is a gamble.

Whats their refund policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I found Tmart very willing to engage when I had a problem with a tablet, also had Zopo support via email. Neither problems were very serious but customer service was certainly not 'zero'.

I found Tmart very willing to engage when I had a problem with a tablet, also had Zopo support via email. Neither problems were very serious but customer service was certainly not 'zero'.

Merimobiles are quite good, always get back to you and try help. Chinavasion have really good customer service but their stuff can be a bit more expensive.

Whats their refund policy?

Aliexpress don't release funds to the seller until you get and are 100% satisfied. If you're not happy you get a full refund. Had to use it once before and it was painless.

Aliexpress don't release funds to the seller until you get and are 100% satisfied. If you're not happy you get a full refund. Had to use it once before and it was painless.

Sounds good, one annoyance with buying from China is you have to cover costs to send it back if its not right.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, one annoyance with buying from China is you have to cover costs to send it back if its not right.

Tmart offered to refund postage if I returned a faulty tablet.

Tmart offered to refund postage if I returned a faulty tablet.

Good to hear, never used them are they any use? Only ever heard bad about them.

Good to hear, never used them are they any use? Only ever heard bad about them.

Have ordered 6 or 7 things from them, the battery on the Tablet was crap, but it only cost €35! Everything else was 100%, would have no problem ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Guys does any one know how long customs take to clear in china before they post?

It's now been 2 weeks and 3 days since they've 'shipped' and I opened a dispute and got this reply:

Emily Wang
    Fri Apr 04 02:58:57 PDT 2014
    Dear Emmett,

So sorry for the delaying. Parcel sent out to shipping company on time and after customs inspection, it's released within 1-2 working days and tracking info should be online within 3-4 working days, pls check in www.17track.net or en.4px.com later. Thanks.
    Pls close dispute at first, thanks.

Regards,
    Lisa_ETstar

I mailed back saying surely it doesn't take almost 3 weeks for customs to clear....
    I've waited this long now, may as well wait a little bit more sure :/ i ordered a nubia z5s mini. What do ye think I should do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

90sBla wrote: »
    Guys does any one know how long customs take to clear in china before they post?

It's now been 2 weeks and 3 days since they've 'shipped' and I opened a dispute and got this reply:

Emily Wang
    Dear Emmett,

So sorry for the delaying. Parcel sent out to shipping company on time and after customs inspection, it's released within 1-2 working days and tracking info should be online within 3-4 working days, pls check in www.17track.net or en.4px.com later. Thanks.

Regards,
    Lisa_ETstar

I mailed back saying surely it doesn't take almost 3 weeks for customs to clear....
    I've waited this long now, may as well wait a little bit more sure :/ i ordered a nubia z5s mini. What do ye think I should do

I would think someone in Chinese customs may have themselves a new phone!!

Should not take that long.

90sBla wrote: »

Emily Wang
    Dear Emmett,

Regards,
    Lisa_ETstar

Whos the supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Whos the supplier?

Eternal Team on Aliexpress.

oh **** that's not good. I'll keep dispute open and demand a refund. I'll know next time to just order from mixeshop or etotalk. Will let you know if I get refund.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Eternal Team on Aliexpress.

Can Aliexpress themselves not get involved?

• Advertisement

I have to wait 3 more days for the dispute to end and then it goes to aliexpress I think as I have 40 days left or so of their buyer protection. Apparently aliexpress hold the money until I have received the product. Not entirely sure how this website works. It's been a disaster as a first time buyer of chinese phones :L

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement