Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

90sBla wrote: »
    I have to wait 3 more days for the dispute to end and then it goes to aliexpress I think as I have 40 days left or so of their buyer protection. Apparently aliexpress hold the money until I have received the product. Not entirely sure how this website works. It's been a disaster as a first time buyer of chinese phones :L

People here know my feelings on Aliexpress so I wont say anymore but a lot on here use mixeshop, merimobiles, etotalk and chinavasion with very few issues, I personally have only used merimobiles and chinavasion and can only fault merimobiles on their processing time usually a week and Chinavasions lack of different brands. Dont give up there's a good few different companies out there :)

Anyone got a Jiayu G4 how do you fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Attached proof of the non existent tracking info to my aliexpress dispute. Hoping I get my money back.
    On a side note - is anyone here selling their Chinese smartphone? Looking for 2gb ram and good camera. Work in music biz. Need the savage camera !

Attached proof of the non existent tracking info to my aliexpress dispute. Hoping I get my money back.
    On a side note - is anyone here selling their Chinese smartphone? Looking for 2gb ram and good camera. Work in music biz. Need the savage camera !

Ive only just started liking my Lenovo dont tempt me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Anyone got a Jiayu G4 how do you fund it.
    I have one a few months, mtk5689t version with 1gb ram. The charging Jack came loose recently and the camera mysteriously stopped working for couple of weeks.

Soldered up the Jack and ordered two spare charging boards for about twelve quid from aliexpress.

Gps isn't fantastic, It's nowhere near as good as a Sony or Samsung but it's a cheap phone.

Apart from that it's grand.

• Advertisement

Edwardius wrote: »
    I have one a few months, mtk5689t version with 1gb ram. The charging Jack came loose recently and the camera mysteriously stopped working for couple of weeks.

Soldered up the Jack and ordered two spare charging boards for about twelve quid from aliexpress.

Gps isn't fantastic, It's nowhere near as good as a Sony or Samsung but it's a cheap phone.

Apart from that it's grand.

Good stuff sold my G3ST yesterday and I liked that wanted a bigger screen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.merimobiles.com/deals/

A few interesting looking deals there if you're looking for a 5 inch + phone.

http://www.merimobiles.com/iocean-x7-HD-5-inch-LTPS-smartphone_p/meri8418.htm

$150 for that, I think Ill grab it, anyone got any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Thargor wrote: »

Its the base model,
    They have released an octacore model of the same phone.
    That being said if it were m,e I would look for the same phone with a 13mp camera and 1920 x 1080 screen. I believe they have a version like that for a little bit more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

seannash wrote: »
    Its the base model,
    They have released an octacore model of the same phone.
    That being said if it were m,e I would look for the same phone with a 13mp camera and 1920 x 1080 screen. I believe they have a version like that for a little bit more money

also no mention of what os it is and it won't take the knocks like your G3

• Advertisement

Etotalk have a larger battery for it for 20 I think.

Chap on adverts selling a nexus 4 for 190

Does anyone know much about how phone batteries work? I rebooted my phone and it drained 17% last night it drained 7% is that normal :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

90sBla, are you saying the aliexpress seller sent fake info to whoever is handling the dispute? Mixeshop have done that to me, tracking data from a completely different site to the one they sent originally, looks genuine but I still don't have the phone. Paypal are reviewing it for days now, I only hope they don't take it at face value.

I ended up having to buy a Chinese phone from an eBay seller in the UK, it's ridiculous.

Does anyone know much about how phone batteries work? I rebooted my phone and it drained 17% last night it drained 7% is that normal :confused:
    7% loss in a night isnt unusual, for a reboot it is although I have had phones that lost 4-5% per reboot. Losing 17% overnight or on a reboot means somethings wrong though, unless its new or newly flashed and might have been updating? Check battery in settings and it will tell you where the juice is going.

7% loss in a night isnt unusual, for a reboot it is although I have had phones that lost 4-5% per reboot. Losing 17% overnight or on a reboot means somethings wrong though, unless its new or newly flashed and might have been updating? Check battery in settings and it will tell you where the juice is going.

The phone eats battery as it is but it hasnt dropped from 39% in 45 mins, I know theres a issue with batterys giving you false info until you reboot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

The phone eats battery as it is but it hasnt dropped from 39% in 45 mins, I know theres a issue with batterys giving you false info until you reboot them.

Download a battery calibration app which will wipe battery stats and should give you a more accurate reading.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Download a battery calibration app which will wipe battery stats and should give you a more accurate reading.

Its gone down 1% in 90 mins I think the reboots were needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its gone down 1% in 90 mins I think the reboots were needed.

What process did you use ?

What process did you use ?

Process?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Process?

Did you reboot the phone normally?

Or is there a specific way of re booting the battery?

Did you reboot the phone normally?

Or is there a specific way of re booting the battery?

Sorry thought thats what you meant, was done normally mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

A lad in work ordered a Zopo Zp780. Anyone heard much about these?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Maybe look at this one

http://www.faeamobile.com/phones/faea-f2s.html

Didnt buy in the end, right now is a waiting period due to octacore/Kitkat coming onstream imo, Ill give it another couple of months and see where we are. Buying my first car though so need decent GPS soon.

Guys does any one here know how Aliexpress works. I have a sick sick feeling that I am never going to get my money back.
    The seller has sent me the same message 5 times now, telling me to be patient and that customs strictly inspect the battery and that my dhl tracking info will update as soon as it gets through customs. It's been 3 weeks now since it's been shipped and I had paid for 3-8 days delivery. Total cost, 200 euro inc phone cover. In their latest msg they said they would give me a 5 dollar discount on my next order if i closed my dispute. Why the **** would I buy from them again?
    You're supposed to be able to click something called Escalate dispute whereby if you can't resolve the dispute with the seller alone, aliexpress steps in and reviews the evidence and processes your refund. There is no such option on the website. I have followed the instructions to find this so clearly but it does not exist.

Guys does any one here know how Aliexpress works. I have a sick sick feeling that I am never going to get my money back.
    The seller has sent me the same message 5 times now, telling me to be patient and that customs strictly inspect the battery and that my dhl tracking info will update as soon as it gets through customs. It's been 3 weeks now since it's been shipped and I had paid for 3-8 days delivery. Total cost, 200 euro inc phone cover. In their latest msg they said they would give me a 5 dollar discount on my next order if i closed my dispute. Why the **** would I buy from them again?
    You're supposed to be able to click something called Escalate dispute whereby if you can't resolve the dispute with the seller alone, aliexpress steps in and reviews the evidence and processes your refund. There is no such option on the website. I have followed the instructions to find this so clearly but it does not exist.

Have you got onto paypal

I think i made an even bigger mistake of paying with my credit card man

:eek: Oh god rookie mistake, I really hope it gets sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Never a mistake paying by credit card..

Contact them and they are duty bound to help.

There will be a waiting period to allow for delivery, but you will get refund if anything has gone wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement