Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nope but enough to make me wait for you guys to test the water :pac:

As I said, it does seem a bit odd that they are being sold for that price, should be a decent enough phone. I was thinking that with the Octacores coming out, they probably decided to drop the price to shift them, but maybe they are fakes.

Am curious now though, so would nearly order one to find out!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    As I said, it does seem a bit odd that they are being sold for that price, should be a decent enough phone. I was thinking that with the Octacores coming out, they probably decided to drop the price to shift them, but maybe they are fakes.

Am curious now though, so would nearly order one to find out!!:eek:

Do it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I ordered one of the newman n2 from pandawill today. I'll keep you posted.

I ordered one of the newman n2 from pandawill today. I'll keep you posted.

I think I shall join you.

90sBla wrote: »
    great news! first time in 3 weeks, the dhl page has updated. it says it's in hong kong and its destination is waterford. finally! we've left customs :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89871003&postcount=9018

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Anyone got a Jiayu G4 how do you fund it.

I've had mine since last November and still love it. GPS doesn't work, simplest way of putting it. Otherwise it doesn't lag and the camera is great.

Definitely get the 3000mah battery. Running dual sim will get 2 days charge if not used too much.

But there's now the Jiayu G5 and S1, so maybe give them a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mintydan

Hello guys, good thread!
    A genuine help while I've been mulling over which phone to go for. Or to wait.
    Finally decided to try the Newman N2 too (from mixeshop by euexp comin in at a total of €102).
    Fingers crossed its just a good deal and not fake
    thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Used the GPS on my T100S the other day for the first time, it was absolutely brilliant when I was going in a straight line at moderate speed. It didn't like bends though. Or stopping. It was cartoon-like watching poor old Google Maps trying to keep up. I felt like I should be blinking madly, I Dream of Jeannie-like.

mintydan wrote: »
    Hello guys, good thread!
    A genuine help while I've been mulling over which phone to go for. Or to wait.
    Finally decided to try the Newman N2 too (from mixeshop by euexp comin in at a total of €102).
    Fingers crossed its just a good deal and not fake
    thanks!

When did you order ? Mixeshop say that they can't send phones by EUEXP shipping anymore (not sure of the reason).

Edit: Just checked their website and it says the problem is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

When did you order ? Mixeshop say that they can't send phones by EUEXP shipping anymore (not sure of the reason).

Edit: Just checked their website and it says the problem is sorted.

Phew! :eek: Planning on buying a tablet soon.

• Advertisement

rovoagho wrote: »
    Used the GPS on my T100S the other day for the first time, it was absolutely brilliant when I was going in a straight line at moderate speed. It didn't like bends though. Or stopping. It was cartoon-like watching poor old Google Maps trying to keep up. I felt like I should be blinking madly, I Dream of Jeannie-like.

If you leave the phone on a flat surface outside and have google maps showing your location, see does the blue dot 'drift' all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, Ive PM'd a mod to update my OP.

First post updated with guide and advice, thanks Micro.

Wasnt expecting this thread to get so big when I made it 15 months ago to be honest, The G3 I bought back then is still going strong under daily abuse from me, still plays every new game or app that comes out and still takes great photos.

I wonder how much money we've cost Samsung and LG and hopefully Apple aswell by turning away customers? With the GPS issues nearing perfection on the newer devices I think the time for spending ~€500 on brand name phones is gone, its ridiculous the quality you can get for €200/300 these days and it will only get better going forward.

Anyone got a Quad core phone for about 100? The battery on this Lenovo just doesnt cut it as im never off my phone, I would even part exchange with this money your way of course.

Anyone got a Quad core phone for about 100? The battery on this Lenovo just doesnt cut it as im never off my phone, I would even part exchange with this money your way of course.

Newman N2 ? You would probably get some kind soul on adverts to take the Lenovo off your hands for 20 euro!! :D

Newman N2 ? You would probably get some kind soul on adverts to take the Lenovo off your hands for 20 euro!! :D

Im thinking of getting it, theres a xiomi red rice on adverts asked is it still available, fingers crossed it is.

Dont forget about 4G, you could be kicking yourself in a few months time if you buy one without it now, should have added that to the OP.

Does anyone know how long it takes for pandawill to process orders?

Does anyone know how long it takes for pandawill to process orders?

Not long, my N2 has been despatched and it is showing on the tracking site already. Looks like they are sold out of them now though, so if yours is not marked as despatched you might be out of luck. :eek:

I ordered on the 9th. When did you order your.
    But I added an sd card and a cover, I'm thinking it could be that.

• Advertisement

Ok, mine is on its way. Phew...
    Apparently the website wasn't updated!

Make sure you have a nice sharp scissors (or a MicroSim!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Im thinking of getting it, theres a xiomi red rice on adverts asked is it still available, fingers crossed it is.

I think you made the right choice with a Xiaomi. They probably have the best build quality of the Chinese brands and have a really well supported and developed MiUI ROM.

Xiaomi have actually broken into the top 10 list TWICE in the latest global smartphone sales list:

SwGLV50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone have a W450? I've seen one for €71 on hongkonggeek

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just dropped my Neo NOO3 face down and 2 decent cracks/ substantial scratches have appeared,heart is broke as the next fall will be fatal I imagine..

Time to save for a new one...

brimal wrote: »
    I think you made the right choice with a Xiaomi. They probably have the best build quality of the Chinese brands and have a really well supported and developed MiUI ROM.

Xiaomi have actually broken into the top 10 list TWICE in the latest global smartphone sales list:

SwGLV50.jpg

Offered the asking price fingers crossed I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

You can check to make sure the phone is genuine or fake by using this website:

http://order.xiaomi.com/service/imei

It's in Chinese but first line is IMEI, second line is Serial Number and third line is a captcha thing, work out the maths and input the answer.

The results will be in Chinese too but if you use Chrome you can translate it and get some idea of it. It should show where it was bought and other info. If it's a fake you won't get any info at all using this site.

Not saying the guy on adverts is dodgy or his phone isn't genuine, but it's always worth checking as Xiaomi phones are copied a lot.

Ask him why is he selling.

Ask him why is he selling.

He advised a previous person that hes getting a newer Xiaomi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My first attempt to buy an android phone ended in the seller giving me a refund eventually .

Now on 11th March , I bought another one in China , and tracking number was provided .

Now last weekend I get an email from seller to say there is a new tracking number .
    This number now cannot be traced either , so I have a feeling my 2nd attempt will end on failure too.

Now I discover that my tracking number states that my Android Phone has been delivered to Galway .

This one : RC203614799HK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement