Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

My Meizu has been sitting in the Singapore post tracking system for over a week now as "pending". The seller keeps telling me not to worry (which get's me very worried). I've told them I'm opening a dispute with Aliexpress as my buyer protection is ending soon so they extended the period by another two weeks basically to suit themselves without even asking me. Now I've just checked the tracking details again and all traces of it is gone off the Singapore post website. Sorry to the heart I bothered with Aliexpress (please TallaghtMick don't say I told you so about Aliexpress) but the other so called more reputable sites didn't have what I wanted for the right price. These guys are the worst company I've ever dealt with. Don't think they've even shipped it yet even though they claim they have and it's been three weeks now, should be enjoying my new phone at this stage not stressing out about even getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

aaronm13 wrote: »
    My Meizu has been sitting in the Singapore post tracking system for over a week now as "pending". The seller keeps telling me not to worry (which get's me very worried). I've told them I'm opening a dispute with Aliexpress as my buyer protection is ending soon so they extended the period by another two weeks basically to suit themselves without even asking me. Now I've just checked the tracking details again and all traces of it is gone off the Singapore post website. Sorry to the heart I bothered with Aliexpress (please TallaghtMick don't say I told you so about Aliexpress) but the other so called more reputable sites didn't have what I wanted for the right price. These guys are the worst company I've ever dealt with. Don't think they've even shipped it yet even though they claim they have and it's been three weeks now, should be enjoying my new phone at this stage not stressing out about even getting it.

Dont worry I think 90sblah had the same problem keep at them.

Dont worry I think 90sblah had the same problem keep at them.

I reckon I will get it eventually but I'm going to hound them and get on to Aliexpress about them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Aliexpress is like all commercial sites m8,you will get good traders and bad traders,did your seller have good feedback?

If you read through this thread you will see that people have had some trouble with nearly all China traders tbh,

I have used Aliexpress in the past for satellite boxes and have never been ripped off,
    dont give up hope yet,but dont feel you have to go by their terms either,if you want to open a dispute then do so m8

wiz569 wrote: »
    Aliexpress is like all commercial sites m8,you will get good traders and bad traders,did your seller have good feedback?

If you read through this thread you will see that people have had some trouble with nearly all China traders tbh,

I have used Aliexpress in the past for satellite boxes and have never been ripped off,
    dont give up hope yet,but dont feel you have to go by their terms either,if you want to open a dispute then do so m8

I've used Aliexpress a good few times at this stage and have only had trouble once but got a full refund no questions asked but something seems fishy to me this time. They had very good feedback and a lot of comments related to their fast shipping time so I thought they were going to be good. I asked a few questions about the phone before I ordered and always got a reply within 24 hours.

It wont put me off using Aliexpress as long as you take the same precautions like with ebay or other any other on line retailer. I've been onto them a lot in the three weeks since I placed the order. Sometimes they don't reply or refuse to respond to you in their chat but when they do I keep getting the same story, telling me not to worry and I 'll get my phone "soon". I've asked them every single time have you shipped the phone but they wont answer that question. I threatened them the other with opening a dispute as my buyer protection was coming to an end and they immediately extended it by two weeks which really annoyed me and made me even more suspicious. This latest thing with it disappearing off the tracking site is the final straw. If it doesn't change by Monday I'll go ahead with the dispute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

. This latest thing with it disappearing off the tracking site is the final straw. If it doesn't change by Monday I'll go ahead with the dispute

The tracking might just be an issue with the Singapore website, a parcel that I was tracking is no longer showing anything either, but I think it is just a website problem.

eamonnq wrote: »
    The tracking might just be an issue with the Singapore website, a parcel that I was tracking is no longer showing anything either, but I think it is just a website problem.

Hopefully that's all it is or the status is being updated, wishful thinking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Gotta say this is a pretty good phone for the money

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592-1-7Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-2GB-16GB_g.html

Ticks all boxes for me,even got screen under 5inches which is perfect IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

seannash wrote: »

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592-1-7Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-2GB-16GB_g.html

As has been changed in the OP for this thread, the rate in which these phones are progressing is crazy.

Are they available now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Just when I was about to bite the bullet and buy something a great deal comes and grabs my attention, this happens everytime! :D

Does anybody have any experience dealing with SPEMall, this seriously looks to good to be true for the price and it even comes with a 3000mAh battery which I think is a must for an Octa-core phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Are they available now?
    Seem to be on that site anyway, not sure how Spemall are but Gizchina are promoting them so they could be okay to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My 2nd attempt to buy an Android phone in China has ended in failure once again.

A refund is on the way to me .

My 2nd attempt to buy an Android phone in China has ended in failure once again.

Thats some bad luck right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What about trying an Irish site? http://www.androidcity.me

I asked if anybody had dealings with them before on here but nobody replied so I'm guessing not. I'd be tempted to buy from there. They are a bit more expensive but shipping is free so it works out the same as paying delivery and customs from China.

I like the look of the ThL T100s MTK6592 Octacore they have there.
    Anyone any opinions on that phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Mars Bar wrote: »

I asked if anybody had dealings with them before on here but nobody replied so I'm guessing not. I'd be tempted to buy from there. They are a bit more expensive but shipping is free so it works out the same as paying delivery and customs from China

This company looks to be a drop-shipping business. The phones will come direct from China, they are not coming from Ireland. You will have to pay customs just like from any other Chinese store.

Their warranty/returns involves sending the phone back to China too.

I see no advantage of using this Irish middleman especially with the prices they are charging.

I'm open to correction on this company but it has all the hallmarks of a drop-shipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I asked if anybody had dealings with them before on here but nobody replied so I'm guessing not. I'd be tempted to buy from there. They are a bit more expensive but shipping is free so it works out the same as paying delivery and customs from China.

I like the look of the ThL T100s MTK6592 Octacore they have there.
    Anyone any opinions on that phone?
    I have the T100S, brilliant phone can't fault it at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if that sites just orders them from China when you place an order with them.

The Xiaomi seems ok nothing special, I like the rom though a load of customisation very smooth too, now to ship the Lenovo and wait for the actual release of the Jiayu G4 octacore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

brimal wrote: »
    This company looks to be a drop-shipping business. The phones will come direct from China, they are not coming from Ireland. You will have to pay customs just like from any other Chinese store.

Their warranty/returns involves sending the phone back to China too.

I see no advantage of using this Irish middleman especially with the prices they are charging.

I'm open to correction on this company but it has all the hallmarks of a drop-shipper.

Thanks for your opinion.

Would that store already have the products in stock so? I mean, if they have the product in stock and they just send it from there then there is less chance of it getting lost en route.

Just when I was about to bite the bullet and buy something a great deal comes and grabs my attention, this happens everytime! :D

Does anybody have any experience dealing with SPEMall, this seriously looks to good to be true for the price and it even comes with a 3000mAh battery which I think is a must for an octocore phone.

I bought a tablet off them about a year ago and they were fine.

• Advertisement

Does anybody have any experience dealing with SPEMall, this seriously looks to good to be true for the price and it even comes with a 3000mAh battery which I think is a must for an octocore phone.

Apart from the battery,the greatest selling point to me would be the centre bottom charging port :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

wiz569 wrote: »
    Apart from the battery,the greatest selling point to me would be the centre bottom charging port :)

It is convenient alright.

pajor wrote: »
    It is convenient alright.

I could finally buy a dock that the phone would have some chance of sitting in properly lol

Thanks for your opinion.

Would that store already have the products in stock so? I mean, if they have the product in stock and they just send it from there then there is less chance of it getting lost en route.

Doubtful they have stock, what they do is wait for a certain amount of order and buy in bulk, business on demand and save money on bulk orders.

Give it a go anyway :pac:

Asked about the Jiayu to see when they are available hopefully we find out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

I bought a tablet off them about a year ago and they were fine.

Think I'll go for it then.

Problem transferring money onto my Paypal from my bank account though.

Paypal account is verified and linked with my card + account but when I try to send a payment to Paypal it won't allow me, rang up Open24 and they told me the BIC is wrong when it's the one of the official Paypal?

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

My Octacore Zopo980+ is being returned for refund. Constantly dropping signal. Pity as it a fantastic looking and silky smooth phone, if only it worked.

My Octacore Zopo980+ is being returned for refund. Constantly dropping signal. Pity as it a fantastic looking and silky smooth phone, if only it worked.

Where did you buy it, any hassle returning it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Just pulled the trigger and bought a Xiaomi Mi3, prices have dropped over the last week or so, I picked it up for €230

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6064378126.html
    xiaomi-mi3.jpg

Now begins the long wait for it to arrive :o

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Does anybody have any experience dealing with SPEMall, this seriously looks to good to be true for the price and it even comes with a 3000mAh battery which I think is a must for an Octa-core phone.

http://dealsprime.com/jiayu-g4s-phone-octa-core-1-7ghz-mtk6592-3g-gps-4-7-ips-1280-720-2gb-ram-13mp.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Dealsprime is one chinese site I would definitely avoid. They are also known as Chinagrabber/Gadgetgreats/IG8 and maybe another few names as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement