Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

seannash wrote: »
    Gotta say this is a pretty good phone for the money

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592-1-7Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-2GB-16GB_g.html

Ticks all boxes for me,even got screen under 5inches which is perfect
    IMO

Don't think I have seen that phone as an Octa core anywhere else, so I would proceed with caution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Where did you buy it, any hassle returning it?

Their online shop and no, they have given me details for returning it. We will see how it goes. Anyone got any reliable, proven alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

abarkie wrote: »
    Don't think I have seen that phone as an Octa core anywhere else, so I would proceed with caution

I thought that too but Gizchina posted an article about it being released yesterday and it's on the official site now: http://www.ejiayu.com/en/Product-7.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Their online shop and no, they have given me details for returning it. We will see how it goes. Anyone got any reliable, proven alternatives?

Just the usual suspects aliexpress, merimobiles, mixeshop, etotalk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

abarkie wrote: »

Its somewhat endorsed by this website which is fairly reputable and had ran a few stories about this upcoming version of the phone

http://www.gizchina.com/?s=jiayu+g4s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

eamonnq wrote: »
    Dealsprime is one chinese site I would definitely avoid. They are also known as Chinagrabber/Gadgetgreats/IG8 and maybe another few names as well.

ohh i didnt know that.

Spemall got back to me and said the G4 Octacore is available now.

In others news how on earth do crap phones with lowers specs get more attention than my Lenovo and at the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Spemall got back to me and said the G4 Octacore is available now.

And does it address GPS issues?

So I need a new smart phone pronto, 4.5"-5", quad core or more with good memory and good camera and screen, but most of all it must be reliable and work!

Any recommendations?

pajor wrote: »
    And does it address GPS issues?

I never asked.

• Advertisement

So I need a new smart phone pronto, 4.5"-5", quad core or more with good memory and good camera and screen, but most of all it must be reliable and work!

Any recommendations?

How big a processor and what size memory?

How big a processor and what size memory?

Not too fussy, 2GB RAM+32GROM. Was looking at the Xiaomi Mi2 as they seem to be one of the better Chinese brands. I need something reliable, the last Zopo did not work out.

Not too fussy, 2GB RAM+32GROM. Was looking at the Xiaomi Mi2 as they seem to be one of the better Chinese brands. I need something reliable, the last Zopo did not work out.

Ive a 2GB and 16GB Lenovo on adverts but its a chomper on battery, if you use it non stop you will get 14 hours, but if you use it normally through the day you will get a full day.

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592-1-7Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-2GB-16GB_g.html

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Just an update for the fellow who was having trouble with delivery.
    My DHL updated for the first time almost a week ago and nothing since until about 10 mins ago when I got an email update saying:

Notification for shipment event group "Picked up" for 15 Apr 14.

Description: SAMPLE OF PHONE

Ship From: Ship To:
    ET-SZ
    XIXIANG BA
    OAN SHENZHE
    HONG KONG,

To Waterford.

EVENT CATEGORY
    15 Apr 14 7:04 PM - Shipment picked up - HONG KONG,HONG KONG

So it's only after leaving now I take it. Almost 5 weeks now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

that jiayu octa core is on etotalk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

90sBla wrote: »
    My DHL updated for the first time almost a week ago and nothing since until about 10 mins ago when I got an email update saying:

ET-SZ
    XIXIANG BA
    OAN SHENZHE
    HONG KONG,

To Waterford.

EVENT CATEGORY

I wonder do they just wait till they have a big batch heading in the same general direction,rather then shipping each phone separately,

would explain a lot of the crazy delays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

90sBla wrote: »

ET-SZ
    XIXIANG BA
    OAN SHENZHE
    HONG KONG,

To Waterford.

EVENT CATEGORY

My phone is still sitting somewhere in Asia, either with the seller or in a post office. Tracking still shows pending after disappearing over the weekend. I reckon they didn't have stock so only ordered it themselves when I placed my order. Only thing I can think of that might explain the disgraceful delay.

Not sure if they messed up the pricing on this but..

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592m1-4Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-1GB-4GB_g.html

Its the 1 gig variant of the Octacore G4s for €117.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

daytob wrote: »
    that jiayu octa core is on etotalk

It's actually the G5S but it basically has the same specs but a better build quality.
    I think I'll go for it, as I've seen Etotalk on this thread a lot more than that SPEMall, just waiting on the transfer to my Paypal account.

Do Etotalk mark the item as a lesser value or should I just choose DHL?

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    Not sure if they messed up the pricing on this but..

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-G4S-Octa-Core-Smartphone-Android-OS-4-2-MT6592m1-4Ghz-4-7-Inch-1280x720-pixels-IPS-Screen-Bluetooth-3G-GPS-1GB-4GB_g.html

Its the 1 gig variant of the Octacore G4s for €117.

Argh need to sell the Lenovo before I buy another, cant justify having 2 phones waiting to be snapped up :(
    It's actually the G5S but it basically has the same specs but a better build quality.
    I think I'll go for it, as I've seen Etotalk on this thread a lot more than that SPEMall, just waiting on the transfer to my Paypal account.

Do Etotalk mark the item as a lesser value or should I just choose DHL?

Yeh theres a option to mark it cheaper.

UPDATE. My phone just appeared in the Dublin mail office this morning. Any idea how long it would be before it goes out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

aaronm13 wrote: »
    UPDATE. My phone just appeared in the Dublin mail office this morning. Any idea how long it would be before it goes out for delivery.

Depends on whether your next update says 'passed to customs' or 'on route to customer'.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Depends on whether your next update says 'passed to customs' or 'on route to customer'.

I thought they did all the customs stuff in Portlaoise then sent out to the various mall depots. Either way it's a good sign and hopefully will have it by the weekend.

Xiaomi Mi2S just ordered from the UK, hope my Chinese smartphone troubles are over….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Xiaomi Mi2S just ordered from the UK, hope my Chinese smartphone troubles are over….

How much was it and what site did you order from?

Chap I bought the Xiaomi red rice is getting that, one thing ill say about the ROM on it is its full of options and very smooth, battery on mine is on 2000mah but seems to last all day :D

brimal wrote: »
    How much was it and what site did you order from?

Amazon UK, supposedly dispatches from UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Smartphone-Snapdragon-Cellphone-Bluetooth/dp/B00JA85L4I/ref=pd_ybh_6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can see Xiaomi getting popular over here. amazing specs for amazing prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

MiUI has just received KitKat 4.4 update too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement