Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Yeh theres a option to mark it cheaper.

Lovely.
    Now I want this phone to be Rooted with just G Play store and no Chinese bloatware.

Can anybody tell me if 'Etotalk Mod ROM' will do the job?

http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-g5s-octa-core_p4712.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Any sign of the Newman N2's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Any sign of the FAKE Newman N2's?

FYP !:D

On the way.......

eamonnq wrote: »
    FYP !:D

On the way.......

Ha dying to see a review of them, I'd say etotalk were just being scabby and wouldnt drop the prices. I def would recommend a Xiaomi as well, lovely little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Mine is on its way. Will post something when I get my hands on it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I thought they did all the customs stuff in Portlaoise then sent out to the various mall depots. Either way it's a good sign and hopefully will have it by the weekend.

If its in the mail centre it has already passed customs m8,

Probably get it tomorrow,unless status has changed by now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

wiz569 wrote: »
    If its in the mail centre it has already passed customs m8,

Probably get it tomorrow,unless status has changed by now :)

Good stuff. Still showing it's in the mail center so fingers crossed it will arrive in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Package was in Germany last night and now it's in a courier that will be here at 3! Finally getting my phone after almost 5 weeks. One thing i can't believe at the end of all this is that I managed to avoid customs with DHL :D:D Finally a bit of luck. Will post a quick review of the phone later in case any one is thinking of buying a Nubia Z5s mini. --Price drop coming in them soon apparently. Got mine for 188euro inc delivery

90sBla wrote: »
    Package was in Germany last night and now it's in a courier that will be here at 3! Finally getting my phone after almost 5 weeks. One thing i can't believe at the end of all this is that I managed to avoid customs with DHL :D:D Finally a bit of luck. Will post a quick review of the phone later in case any one is thinking of buying a Nubia Z5s mini. --Price drop coming in them soon apparently. Got mine for 188euro inc delivery

Why do you think you avoided customs ? DHL will just ask for it when they make delivery if they are looking for it.

I rang the Dublin number for DHL and gave the tracking no. just so I could check what time it would be here and I asked will there be any customs and they said no.

• Advertisement

a courier that will be here at 3! Finally getting my phone after almost 5 weeks.

Did you get it yet??!!! :eek:

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you get it yet??!!! :eek:

The way this delivery has gone the courier prob stole it :D

Just home, have it! Got stung for 9 euro customs of all things?!!? Aliexpress lied also saying they sent it on 18th March. It wasn't sent until 7th April so the chinese customs story was bull****. Battery is totally flat, charging it now. My sim is just too big to fit in though? It's a normal sized sim. the slot looks too big to be a microsim though :/

Just home, have it! Got stung for 9 euro customs of all things?!!? Aliexpress lied also saying they sent it on 18th March. It wasn't sent until 7th April so the chinese customs story was bull****. Battery is totally flat, charging it now. My sim is just too big to fit in though? It's a normal sized sim. the slot looks too big to be a microsim though :/

Great start...... Go to any phone shop they will chop the sim down, I would be worried as to why the battery isnt charged :confused:

it's a built in battery too..... The red ring (home button) on this is glowing on and off charging. I've pressed in the button on top to turn it on a few times and nothing has happened. Ah lads, not off to a great start haha will it ever end

Update. The Red Ring has stopped glowing and has now allowed me to turn it on. Let the rooting begin!

it's a built in battery too..... The red ring (home button) on this is glowing on and off charging. I've pressed in the button on top to turn it on a few times and nothing has happened. Ah lads, not off to a great start haha will it ever end

Update. The Red Ring has stopped glowing and has now allowed me to turn it on. Let the rooting begin!

Jesus me heart dropped reading the 1st bit :P hopefully its grand and not a Lenovo heartbreaker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Charge it up a bit first before you go flashing or rooting, losing power during either can be nasty.

My phone turned up today too and no customs either. On the way over to my parents to collect it now,finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Just ordered the Jiayu G5S with a 3000mAh battery from Etotalk.

This is my first smart phone and the first time I've ordered anything from China so hope all goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Just ordered the Jiayu G5S with a 3000mAh battery from Etotalk.

This is my first smart phone and the first time I've ordered anything from China so hope all goes well :)

Really nice phone, has great reviews.

The 3000mAh battery add-on is a really nice feature of this phone too.

How much was it in total?

• Advertisement

Lenovo should be sold tonight :)

Lenovo should be sold tonight :)

Only messed around with my Meizu MX3 for about an hour now but I'm in love. Stunning phone in every way so definitely gets my recommendation if you're in the market for another phone.

Only messed around with my Meizu MX3 for about an hour now but I'm in love. Stunning phone in every way so definitely gets my recommendation if you're in the market for another phone.

Have the Xiaomi red rice now until I get a octacore :D Sold the Lenovo chap knows his chinese phones so hope he enjoys it.

Have the Xiaomi red rice now until I get a octacore :D Sold the Lenovo chap knows his chinese phones so hope he enjoys it.

Ah least you got rid of it in the end. Enjoy the red rice, looks a nice phone.

Ah least you got rid of it in the end. Enjoy the red rice, looks a nice phone.

It really is, bigger battery would be nice but the rom makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i ordered a phone from china,its being shipped via singapore post it left china on the 3rd and still has not arrived,surely this cant be normal.

Argh fella who bought the phone is saying his incoming calls are getting blocked, I never had that issue anyone know whats going on? Hes not getting his money back thats for sure.

Has he downloaded the right settings for his network, that text they send you where you apply the file, cant remember the name of it off the top of my head.

Thargor wrote: »
    Has he downloaded the right settings for his network, that text they send you where you apply the file, cant remember the name of it off the top of my head.

For incoming calls? He can make outbound calls.

• Advertisement

Yeah but if its not set right in the first place you can get random issues like that. Has he factory reset it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement