Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah but if its not set right in the first place you can get random issues like that. Has he factory reset it?

Not sure but he knows chinese phones and will have to flash gapps again, tbh he never tested the phone, turned it on had a look and said heres the money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

hows the gps with the 6592 nowadays anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Only messed around with my Meizu MX3 for about an hour now but I'm in love. Stunning phone in every way so definitely gets my recommendation if you're in the market for another phone.

Any update on the phone?

How is Flyme OS 3.0? It looks a gorgeous ROM but how is it's functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

brimal wrote: »
    Any update on the phone?

How is Flyme OS 3.0? It looks a gorgeous ROM but how is it's functionality?

Absolutely love the phone. The screen is stunning and the form factor is great for me. The screen is 5.1 inch which I think is more than big enough for a phone. It's only a hair bigger than my One X because of the tiny bezels. I'll have to wait for a few charges before commenting on the battery. It was my one concern before buying but I reckon I'd get a day no bother out of it. WiFi and phone signal is perfect, haven't checked GPS yet but will over the weekend along with the camera.

Really like Flyme I have to say. Slightly different to HTC sense and stock Android so will take a day or so to get fully to grips with but miss the app drawer. Don't like the apps all in the screen like IOS but a lot of modified android os seem to be going down this road. Images of flyme 4.0 were leaked today. Its based on kit kat 4.4 and is due later this month. Meizu seem great with their updates, flyme is already up to 3.5.1

Overall couldn't recommend this phone higher, I think all the procrastination paid off. Specs wise it's not up there with the oppo find 7 or one + one but those phones are just to big, I think anyway and in real world use anntutu benchmarks mean nothing when you're getting in to these caliber of phones.

Forgot to add but I got one of these screen protectors.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-Brand-Nillkin-Amazing-H-Nanometer-Anti-Explosion-Tempered-Glass-screen-protector-for-Meizu-MX3-MX/1551738208.html

They seem the business going by youtube videos and so much better and nicer looking than the crappy plastic ones. With all the stories on this thread about cracked screens I decided to get one. Hell of a lot cheaper than trying to source and fit a genuine screen.

Absolutely love the phone. The screen is stunning and the form factor is great for me. The screen is 5.1 inch which I think is more than big enough for a phone. It's only a hair bigger than my One X because of the tiny bezels. I'll have to wait for a few charges before commenting on the battery. It was my one concern before buying but I reckon I'd get a day no bother out of it. WiFi and phone signal is perfect, haven't checked GPS yet but will over the weekend along with the camera.

Really like Flyme I have to say. Slightly different to HTC sense and stock Android so will take a day or so to get fully to grips with but miss the app drawer. Don't like the apps all in the screen like IOS but a lot of modified android os seem to be going down this road. Images of flyme 4.0 were leaked today. Its based on kit kat 4.4 and is due later this month. Meizu seem great with their updates, flyme is already up to 3.5.1

Cheers for the feedback, I was so tempted to get it but got the Mi3 instead. What is the plastic glossy back like on it? I thought it might look a bit cheap but other reviewers say it looks premium enough. Is it like the iPhone 3GS finish?
    Overall couldn't recommend this phone higher, I think all the procrastination paid off. Specs wise it's not up there with the oppo find 7 or one + one but those phones are just to big, I think anyway and in real world use anntutu benchmarks mean nothing when you're getting in to these caliber of phones.

Yea in fairness our phones are a previous generation compared to these phones, but still very powerful. One+one and Oppo Find 7b aren't even out yet. Chinese phone releases are coming thick and fast and it seems like companies are now releasing flagship phones every 6-8 months now rather than annually. Xiaomi Mi3s and Meizu Mx4 are to be launched soon.
    Forgot to add but I got one of these screen protectors.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-Brand-Nillkin-Amazing-H-Nanometer-Anti-Explosion-Tempered-Glass-screen-protector-for-Meizu-MX3-MX/1551738208.html

They seem the business going by youtube videos and so much better and nicer looking than the crappy plastic ones. With all the stories on this thread about cracked screens I decided to get one. Hell of a lot cheaper than trying to source and fit a genuine screen.

Yea I have a Nillkin for my Xiaomi Mi3 - they are the business. Nillkin seem to be the supplier to the mainstream (more expensive) tempered glass companies such as iloome and Spigen.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the feedback, I was so tempted to get it but got the Mi3 instead. What is the plastic glossy back like on it? I thought it might look a bit cheap but other reviewers say it looks premium enough. Is it like the iPhone 3GS finish?

Yea in fairness our phones are a previous generation compared to these phones, but still very powerful. One+one and Oppo Find 7b aren't even out yet. Chinese phone releases are coming thick and fast and it seems like companies are now releasing flagship phones every 6-8 months now rather than annually. Xiaomi Mi3s and Meizu Mx4 are to be launched soon.

Yea I have a Nillkin for my Xiaomi Mi3 - they are the business. Nillkin seem to be the supplier to the mainstream (more expensive) tempered glass companies such as iloome and Spigen.

Surprised that the back doesn't look cheap at all, really complements the overall look of the phone. I was going to order a matt black cover for it because of this but might hold off now. I've never held a 3gs so not sure on the finish.

Glad for your recommendation on the Nilllkin protector. For a tenner they seem like a no brainer to get for your phone and at least you wont get the corner pealing like the plastic ones which really cheapen the look of a phone.

You're right about how quick the Chinese are churning out flagships these days. As you said our phones are last gen but I'm past the stage of having to have the latest and greatest phone. This seems to do what I want and more and is a definite update on my One x which is all I wanted. I don't want to be carrying around a massive phone in my pocket, I'm on O2 so don't need LTE yet, whenever they decide to roll it out and I'm not going to pay a massive premium to use it. And 2k screens is a waste on a phone and a massive battery and resource drain, would anyone with the naked eye really notice the difference between a FHD and QHD screen? The feedback about the Find 7 say that the FHD screen is way sharper than the QHD one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Really nice phone, has great reviews.

The 3000mAh battery add-on is a really nice feature of this phone too.

How much was it in total?

The Octa-core version in Black with a 16GB ROM, 3000mAh battery, UK adaptor and DHL delivery worked out at €243.14.

I was short $3 dollars on my Paypal so I couldn't order a case which is quite annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Update on my Nubia Z5s mini.

After all the drama and 5 weeks I have it. Turns out it was already rooted with CWM recovery installed with some custom ROM already on it. Battery life is excellent, Camera is absolutely excellent (this is why I bought it as it simply was the best), 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM. 4.7inch screen looks beautiful on it.No lag whatsoever and the red home button glows as a notification light too which is deadly. My only issue is that there seems to be an odd fault on the bottom half of the screen in that if the resolution is turned up high(aboove 75%) that it seems to do this weird flicker type thing. I can't really explain it. I think i will have to choose to ignore it as I have had no phone for so long (2months) that I can't go any longer without one and go through the whole process of sending it back etc. :/
    There is a 160mb OTA firmware update it keeps asking me to download from Nubia. When I do that it asks me to install it, I press yes and it boots into recovery mode for me to install it. That's fine except recovery is in Japanese and I don't know where the download went to find it & flash it.

A bit disappointed to be honest :(

And the threats have started from the buyer, "see ye around my friend"....... Some people are clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@tm
    he could be on tesco mobile and because that is a roaming sim card even though its on the o2 network sometimes people cant dial into it. my wife has that problem ringing me. :D

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    @tm
    he could be on tesco mobile and because that is a roaming sim card even though its on the o2 network sometimes people cant dial into it. my wife has that problem ringing me. :D

Hes meteor, sure ive grown up in Tallaght, threats are nothing to me lol

I understand his annoyance but its up to a buyer to check everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone know what the difference is between the jiayu g4s and jiayu g5s is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Hes meteor, sure ive grown up in Tallaght, threats are nothing to me lol

I understand his annoyance but its up to a buyer to check everything.

lol its his own fault that he never checked it before he bought it.

honda boi wrote: »
    lol its his own fault that he never checked it before he bought it.

Say hi to him hes stalking me here and quoting thinking I ripped him off without reading where I said I had no problems with it.

Just gotta make sure buyers test everything before they buy to avoid all this again, do feel sorry for him though im sure if he calmed down there would be a easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

just so you know, hes not me ;)

Lads whats the program for the pc that you can flash a bricked phone? Need to help someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

There's no such thing (as far as I'm aware), they're all different. What handset is it?

rovoagho wrote: »
    There's no such thing (as far as I'm aware), they're all different. What handset is it?

Lenovo, pretty sure its been mentioned here, not near a pc to check on XDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Lads whats the program for the pc that you can flash a bricked phone? Need to help someone.

I have bricked and unbricked a few. Google make of phone including model number and bricked, it can be a tedious process as you may need to install software and drivers on computer.

T-Bird wrote: »
    I have bricked and unbricked a few. Google make of phone including model number and bricked, it can be a tedious process as you may need to install software and drivers on computer.

Cheers sounds like a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

SP flashtool is what you will need m8

You may be able to install a recovery partition using it and then install a custom rom through the recovery :)

Heres a similar thing with a lenovo S820 copy and pasted from the lenovo forum
    1. power off your phone (put off battery and put it back)

2. press power+volume down = you will see META MODE status

3. connect USB, install USB driver -  MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port

. in case of Windows 8.1 as my case you have to > win+c > settings > change PC settings > update & recovery

> reboot to recovery settings and there allow (choice no. 7) unsigned drivers

4. disconnect phone from USB, turn it off (batery out-in)

6. download official ROM data

5. run SP Tools, check DA DL check sum, select from unziped ROM datas scatter file, select in the window bellow all values and where is not path, click on the name of value and find file in ROM files

6. click on download, wait until status in status bar (on the bottom) will  "Searching" and then connect device (which is still powered off) 

7. wait for green pop up windows - success

8. unplug phone, now you can turn it on.. done

In additional you can via SP tool install recovery and then via recovery (power button+vlmup+vlmdown) install zip file with custom rom. 

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Hi, not sure if this is dumb question, but my Xiaomi is on the way but does not have the google gmail stuff installed. They mention something about being able to load all the google stuff but how does one do this?

Cheers.

Hi, not sure if this is dumb question, but my Xiaomi is on the way but does not have the google gmail stuff installed. They mention something about being able to load all the google stuff but how does one do this?

Cheers.

You will have to flash em yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

You will have to flash em yourself.

I have no clue what that means or how to do it!

Cheers.

Which Xiaomi did you get?

Xiaomi aren't allowed ship phones with Google services pre-installed due to Chinese law.

Xiaomi have their own app store built in to MiUI called MiUI Store. Search for Google and there should be an installer in the first few results.

Edit: here is a good guide http://en.miui.com/thread-17910-1-1.html

More updates on the MX3. If your into music the sound from this phone through headphones and even internal speaker is amazing. Rich, full deep bass with excellent volume and clarity. Really makes my iPod obsolete now as the sound quality is as good if not better. Went for a drive to test the GPS and it's perfect. Locks on in seconds where my One X could take a few minutes. Location was very precise and handled rerouting perfectly. Haven't fully tested the camera yet but seems very good. Really wanted a physical camera button as I feel touching the screen to take a photo can cause a but of movement, this doesn't have one but you can take a photo with gestures, just wave your hand across the screen and it takes the photo, fantastic feature. The battery life is very good too, gave it a good test yesterday. Was out for the whole day using WiFi and mobile data, listening to music, texts and calls. Still had 30% left when I got home last night so could easily handle a days heavy use. Some people could even get two days of moderate use out of it. The phone really gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Just ordered the Jiayu G5S with a 3000mAh battery from Etotalk.

This is my first smart phone and the first time I've ordered anything from China so hope all goes well :)

My phone departed the facility in Germany at 8pm today, delighted how early I'll have it, especially since I ordered it over the weekend.
    Buzzing :)

My phone departed the facility in Germany at 8pm today, delighted how early I'll have it, especially since I ordered it over the weekend.
    Buzzing :)

I liked the look of it but 4.5 is just too small for me.

New day any phones arrive today any reviews etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Odin for windows
    Heimdall for Mac

Should be find as long as you can still put the phone into download mode.

****EDIT*******

Scratch that, they're only for Samsung right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement