Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thanks Mick you're always a great help. Seems like a v nice phone for the money, so I'm reasonably happy.

It looks nice too I considered it a while back but wanted a higher processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Barr wrote: »

Discussed earlier in the thread.
    Will be waiting a while for it to come online though.

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    So I ordered a new Samsung last night.

The Jiayu G5 Advanced is great but the strength of the signal where I live on it isn't what the iphone i had used be.

Going to stick it on the adverts and the bay and see how much i get offered.

Great phone but the signal issue is a bit annoying now.

Are you using dual sim ? are both sims poor

What network are you on as a matter of interest.

Anyone bought the Elephone P6? Seen a few people here have the p7 mini and p9 but searched p6 here and nothing on it.
    Reviews inline say the gps is not affected like other mtk stuff.
    Seriously thinking of going for it now. Two versions available p6 and p6s. Thoughts welcome

I am pretty much buying this tonight as I have only about 16 days to get it up and running (will be on holidays)

With that in mind, some here might know logical answer to this. Why are prices for postage so different? Etotalk have one price for postage (about $40), mixeshop have another price (about $45) but other sites have no postage cost at all such as bangood.com.
    Is there a reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I am pretty much buying this tonight as I have only about 16 days to get it up and running (will be on holidays)

With that in mind, some here might know logical answer to this. Why are prices for postage so different? Etotalk have one price for postage (about $40), mixeshop have another price (about $45) but other sites have no postage cost at all such as bangood.com.
    Is there a reason for this?

Mixeshop have a EUEXP postage option which is around $42 which goes through Belgium so guaranteed no customs taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

[/QUOTE]With that in mind, some here might know logical answer to this. Why are prices for postage so different? Etotalk have one price for postage (about $40), mixeshop have another price (about $45) but other sites have no postage cost at all such as bangood.com.
    Is there a reason for this?[/QUOTE]

Possibly to do with supplier location, mainland China, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. Bought a phone twice from Etotalk, delivered by DHL, marked at low cost and no customs, delivered in 7 days each time from dispatch, so whoever you order from make sure they have stock. Also with Etotalk I think you need to confirm your delivery address in your account setting after your order otherwise they will email you looking for confirmation, (my experience from 6 months+ ago). Good Luck.

Thabks lads. Bangood say on their website that they have a UK warehouse and delivery from there is 3 to 7 days. Would that attract customs and is the statement that are UK warehouse present true?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Thabks lads. Bangood say on their website that they have a UK warehouse and delivery from there is 3 to 7 days. Would that attract customs and is the statement that are UK warehouse present true?

You might want to ask them if the phone is in stock in their UK depot as it seems to indicate China depot on their website.

If it is already in the European Union there should not be any further customs due.

Also look at this page if you use earphones a lot: http://mtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=248

pauleoin wrote: »
    You might want to ask them if the phone is in stock in their UK depot as it seems to indicate China depot on their website.

If it is already in the European Union there should not be any further customs due.

Also look at this page if you use earphones a lot: http://mtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=248

Thanks Paulie. Yeah IO was aware of the headphone issue already but i'll get around it. I will just use the ones they supply or I will buy an adaptor or even bluetooth headphones or something.

I am dead set on buying the phone, in fact, I intend buying it tonight.
    I am going to see if I can get live chat on bangood and see if they have it in stock in UK or EU warehouse. If not, then I will ask mixeshop the same although their postage is mad.
    Are there any sellers who have warehouses in the EU/ UK that I could rely on??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Well lads I'm after browsing around this thread for a long time before taking the plunge but after getting the Jiayu GS5 from Etotalk.com I have no complaints (bar a early scare)

This being the first time I have owned a smart phone, never mind ordering from China but I simply don't believe I have to pay 400-500 or sign a contract to get a decent phone so I really have to give credit to this thread.

First thing that struck me was China to Ireland in four business days!

The build quality of this phone. Stainless steel is excellent and it's all black including the back which is unlike the ones I seen on a unboxing video (silver)
    Being an octacore I thought it would be necessary to grab the 3000mAh battery which is well worth it.

Performance wise it's lag-free, crystal clear and don't have to say anymore after the benchmark.

Camera excellent, screen color etc. All top delighted.

I am after buying the Elephone P6s so will post a review here once I get it.
    Thanks to the posters for their advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Well lads I'm after browsing around this thread for a long time before taking the plunge but after getting the Jiayu GS5 from Etotalk.com I have no complaints (bar a early scare)
    Great to get purchaser feedback, it's a valuable part of this thread.

This being the first time I have owned a smart phone, never mind ordering from China but I simply don't believe I have to pay 400-500 or sign a contract to get a decent phone so I really have to give credit to this thread.

First thing that struck me was China to Ireland in four business days!

The build quality of this phone. Stainless steel is excellent and it's all black including the back which is unlike the ones I seen on a unboxing video (silver)
    Being an octacore I thought it would be necessary to grab the 3000mAh battery which is well worth it.

Performance wise it's lag-free, crystal clear and don't have to say anymore after the benchmark.

Camera excellent, screen color etc. All top delighted.

I really like this phone as well. A few questions if you don't mind :)

Did they give you the option of a black colour ?

Do you have any problems with the phone signal? A previous poster seemed to have an issue with this.

Have you tested the dual sim?

What is the GPS like ?

Did you get hit with customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

I really like this phone as well. A few questions if you don't mind :)

Did they give you the option of a black colour ?

Do you have any problems with the phone signal? A previous poster seemed to have an issue with this.

Have you tested the dual sim?

What is the GPS like ?

Did you get hit with customs?

The only option was black from Etotalk and because of the size of the battery it comes with a protruding case and a cover that makes the back surface of the phone flat if that makes sense?

No issues with signal for me and the GPS seems to work fine but I don't drive so I can't say I've used it properly.

Dual Sim also fine. Meteor Sim + 48 micro

Didn't get hit by customs luckily and took only four business days from China with tracking.

7uIHgn9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Giving my iPhones away to family and need a cheap backup phone.. Some of you will recall my probs with a THL W200 a few months ago.. I stupidly smashed the screen after a few days.. :o Tried every Chinese lad I can find in Dublin, nobody wants to touch it!! Screen costs about 70 anyway..

Looking for the cheapest Chinese phone with Gorilla III glass if anybody has any suggestions..

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

The only option was black from Etotalk and because of the size of the battery it comes with a protruding case and a cover that makes the back surface of the phone flat if that makes sense?

Really like the look of this phone myself, can I ask does the 3000mAh battery and case for it add much to the dimensions of the phone?

No issues with signal for me and the GPS seems to work fine but I don't drive so I can't say I've used it properly.

Dual Sim also fine. Meteor Sim + 48 micro

Didn't get hit by customs luckily and took only four business days from China with tracking.

Really tempted by this phone. Think etotalk is the way to go with their custom rom.
    Its a throw up between this and the G4.

Do you know if it supports mhl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Anyone got this phone thl-t100s, really liking the look of it but I see some having an issue or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

daytob wrote: »
    Anyone got this phone thl-t100s, really liking the look of it but I see some having an issue or 2.

Yeah I have it. Really good phone . Gps seems to be bad but its not something I use.

• Advertisement

This looks quite good , dual sim xiaomi with a snapdragon processor. The gps should be excellent in this if it is a priority.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-1S-4-7-Snapdragon-400-Quad-Core-1-6G-1G-RAM-Dual-Sim-3G-Smartphone-/181390227003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3bb3363b#ht_5298wt_988

This looks quite good , dual sim xiaomi with a snapdragon processor. The gps should be excellent in this if it is a priority.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-1S-4-7-Snapdragon-400-Quad-Core-1-6G-1G-RAM-Dual-Sim-3G-Smartphone-/181390227003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3bb3363b#ht_5298wt_988

I have the red rice and its a great little phone so I would recommend this as the os is class to use.

I have the red rice and its a great little phone so I would recommend this as the os is class to use.

It says it does not come with Google Play in the FAQ. Do you know what the story there is.

I thought it would be standard if it has android.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It says it does not come with Google Play in the FAQ. Do you know what the story there is.

You can install Gapps easy enough.

Chinese phones don't have them, they have to be installed manually but most of the guys we buy ours off usually do that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I thought this looked good on bang good for the price, you can have a gander, battery is 2200 m/h instead of 3000 though which may be a bit of a problem

http://www.banggood.com/CUBOT-X6-5-inch-MTK6592-Octa-core-1_7GHz-Smartphone-p-917451.html

I thought this looked good on bang good for the price, you can have a gander, battery is 2200 m/h instead of 3000 though which may be a bit of a problem

http://www.banggood.com/CUBOT-X6-5-inch-MTK6592-Octa-core-1_7GHz-Smartphone-p-917451.html

Oh that looks nice are you ordering it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Oh that looks nice are you ordering it?

Only spotted it this morning Mick, already ordered my Iocean X7HD so I'm spent out :D but nice price and phone for anyone looking at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Should a tablet thread be started?

I'm divided between a mixeshop tablet and a clearance iPad. :confused:

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    Should a tablet thread be started?

I'm divided between a mixeshop tablet and a clearance iPad. :confused:

I think here is ok, whats the tablet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement