Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I thought this looked good on bang good for the price, you can have a gander, battery is 2200 m/h instead of 3000 though which may be a bit of a problem

http://www.banggood.com/CUBOT-X6-5-inch-MTK6592-Octa-core-1_7GHz-Smartphone-p-917451.html

Nice looking phone for the money. The main advantage for me is the Xaoimi has a snpadragon chip which seems few and far between on budget Chinese phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I would go for it, tbh I hate apple so my opinion is biased :pac:

32gb internal, 2gb RAM, nice display, metal case. Comes to about €200 with keyboard case.

Am I missing the catch?

pajor wrote: »
    32gb internal, 2gb RAM, nice display, metal case. Comes to about €200 with keyboard case.

Am I missing the catch?

Its Chinese thats the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Am I missing the catch?

Worth checking whether the rom is in Chinese or English and whether there are any alternative roms available from sites like XDA & Needrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Barr wrote: »
    This looks quite good , dual sim xiaomi with a snapdragon processor. The gps should be excellent in this if it is a priority.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-1S-4-7-Snapdragon-400-Quad-Core-1-6G-1G-RAM-Dual-Sim-3G-Smartphone-/181390227003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3bb3363b#ht_5298wt_988

I could be wrong but I think the redmi uses a Mediatek processor.

seannash wrote: »

Hmmm you're right

http://www.mi.com/sg/redmi/

Says quad core so its the same as mine now

pauleoin wrote: »
    Worth checking whether the rom is in Chinese or English and whether there are any alternative roms available from sites like XDA & Needrom.

Didn't put another ROM on my phone, so not too concerned about it tbh.

It used to , but they done away with it for the better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought this looked good on bang good for the price, you can have a gander, battery is 2200 m/h instead of 3000 though which may be a bit of a problem

http://www.banggood.com/CUBOT-X6-5-inch-MTK6592-Octa-core-1_7GHz-Smartphone-p-917451.html

140 bucks? almost worth the risk!

Found an article about the move to snapdragon :)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-launches-4-7-inch-Hongmi-1s-Android-smartphone-with-quad-core-processor.111723.0.html

Barr wrote: »
    Nice,
    definitely a big improvement alright.

Nice,
    definitely a big improvement alright.

I think this is a real alternative to the Moto G if it were as readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Elephone P6s has been shipped.
    1.5 days after placing the order and emailing them this morning checking why it was still marked as ready to process.

Paid for the expedited delivery so I should have some feedback for you all next week!

Elephone P6s has been shipped.
    1.5 days after placing the order and emailing them this morning checking why it was still marked as ready to process.

Paid for the expedited delivery so I should have some feedback for you all next week!

Wow never buy from Merimobiles then you will hate their processing time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Wow never buy from Merimobiles then you will hate their processing time :pac:

Can't fault banggood, ordered my Iocean X7hd on Monday afternoon, shipped today with expedited shipping, so the wait begins.....

Can't fault banggood, ordered my Iocean X7hd on Monday afternoon, shipped today with expedited shipping, so the wait begins.....

I think ill wait until later in the summer for a new phone, ill be using etotalk as I want their rom.

I think ill wait until later in the summer for a new phone, ill be using etotalk as I want their rom.
    Is there rom any good. I would have imagines they just wipe the chinese crap from it and then install play store on it.

Does it have any advantages over Cyanogemod or any others?

Is there rom any good. I would have imagines they just wipe the chinese crap from it and then install play store on it.

Does it have any advantages over Cyanogemod or any others?

No Idea thats why im buying from them to see what its like :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I too would be interested as to why people on his thread say they like the Etotalk ROM :confused:

MiUI, Cyanogenmod, Flyme OS, etc. would have far superior features, much cleaner code and huge communities to develop it further.

brimal wrote: »
    I too would be interested as to why people on his thread say they like the Etotalk ROM :confused:

MiUI, Cyanogenmod, Flyme OS, etc. would have far superior features, much cleaner code and huge communities to develop it further.

I three would be interested to know what you're all talking about, scaring me, will I not be able to use my iocean straighf out of the box, will I have to do loads of work on it?

I three would be interested to know what you're all talking about, scaring me, will I not be able to use my iocean straighf out of the box, will I have to do loads of work on it?

No work needed at all dont worry.

Have been looking at all the 2GB RAM tablets on mixeshop, the choice is just mind boggling. :confused:

Going off the idea of the iPad.

Have been looking at all the 2GB RAM tablets on mixeshop, the choice is just mind boggling. :confused:

Going off the idea of the iPad.

Oh I'd never go back to Apple, very restricted. Total freedom with android.

Oh I'd never go back to Apple, very restricted. Total freedom with android.

That's what's swaying me. Even something simple like putting a video on it. Painful having to do it with iTunes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

That's what's swaying me. Even something simple like putting a video on it. Painful having to do it with iTunes etc.

Make sure you scour the web for reviews of any tablet you're thinking of buying. Tablets that look great on paper, can often end up being horrible to use in practice. Tablets that rank highly in benchmarks might struggle to provide a smooth browsing experience, or freeze randomly (rk3188 based tablets are especially prone to this).

Retina displays look nice, but unless they have the graphical might to drive that many pixels, you'll be looking at sub 15fps gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Especially investigate the battery life, Chinese tablets are notorious for bad battery life. You may be able to purchase an all singing and dancing tablet regarding performance and graphics, but the battery may only last up to two hours.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Especially investigate the battery life, Chinese tablets are notorious for bad battery life. You may be able to purchase an all singing and dancing tablet regarding performance and graphics, but the battery may only last up to two hours.

Very true, we got a jxd tablet for the lil man and it drained in 3 hours

• Advertisement

Insightful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement