Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a phone after my Acer E2 Duo went kaput on me a while back. The Acer was a phone I picked up as it had a great spec for what I paid for it at the time (~€200 from Amazon.fr)... Or so I thought until I found this thread. It was my first foray into smartphone territory, and I never had a problem with it. It handled any and all the processes I used it for with ease. Unfortunately, I got caught in an unmerciful deluge one night heading home which was so heavy that it soaked my pockets through. When I had it looked at I was told that it was indeed water-damaged, and since it was an Acer, nobody wants or needs them for parts in Ireland.

So basically, I'm looking for a phone similar in spec to the old Acer. I was hoping some of you here might advise on where to look? I've been looking through what Pandawill, Etotalk etc have to offer and there looks to be a great range to choose from. Could anyone narrow this down for me and recommend some options?

The Acer: http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_e2-5418.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a phone after my Acer E2 Duo went kaput on me a while back. The Acer was a phone I picked up as it had a great spec for what I paid for it at the time (~€200 from Amazon.fr)... Or so I thought until I found this thread. It was my first foray into smartphone territory, and I never had a problem with it. It handled any and all the processes I used it for with ease. Unfortunately, I got caught in an unmerciful deluge one night heading home which was so heavy that it soaked my pockets through. When I had it looked at I was told that it was indeed water-damaged, and since it was an Acer, nobody wants or needs them for parts in Ireland.

So basically, I'm looking for a phone similar in spec to the old Acer. I was hoping some of you here might advise on where to look? I've been looking through what Pandawill, Etotalk etc have to offer and there looks to be a great range to choose from. Could anyone narrow this down for me and recommend some options?

The Acer: http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_e2-5418.php

The Moto G would suit you, I think its 150 in Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Also look at Jaiyu phones or the iocean stuff.
    Inew also do a good phone for that sort of money

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Could anybody help me set up the 48 Mobile Internet?

It's bringing me here: http://48months.tweakker.com/ but obviously my phone model isn't shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Could anybody help me set up the 48 Mobile Internet?

It's bringing me here: http://48months.tweakker.com/ but obviously my phone model isn't shown.

Seemed to get it working using Huwei Honor settings.

• Advertisement

Seemed to get it working using Huwei Honor settings.
    Android settings are the same for all phones really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just wondering could someone help me out with a slight issue. I'm planning to buy the Jiayu G5S from mixeshop.com, however I've just noticed that it doesn't come with a Mod Rom option like etotalk.com. I'd purchase off etotalk only it's working out pretty much the same price off mixeshop and coming from their European warehouse I'm guaranteed to avoid customs, in addition there's something else I was going to order off their that etotalk don't have in stock. So I was wondering would it be easy enough to install a Mod Rom onto the G5S myself to get rid of the Chinese stuff and get Play Store, etc? I'm a bit clueless about this sort of thing and wouldn't really know where to start. Or should I just purchase off etotalk and let a professional do it?

Thanks!

Jello wrote: »
    Just wondering could someone help me out with a slight issue. I'm planning to buy the Jiayu G5S from mixeshop.com, however I've just noticed that it doesn't come with a Mod Rom option like etotalk.com. I'd purchase off etotalk only it's working out pretty much the same price off mixeshop and coming from their European warehouse I'm guaranteed to avoid customs, in addition there's something else I was going to order off their that etotalk don't have in stock. So I was wondering would it be easy enough to install a Mod Rom onto the G5S myself to get rid of the Chinese stuff and get Play Store, etc? I'm a bit clueless about this sort of thing and wouldn't really know where to start. Or should I just purchase off etotalk and let a professional do it?

Thanks!
    Just to givee you my story with a Jiayu phone.
    It came set to chinese, I changed it to english and deleted the 3 chinese apps on the phone. I've done nothing more to it and its working grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ordered a 'cheap tablet' from China, sent DHL on Monday, arrived into Dublin on Wednesday, according to DHL customs will take minimum 3 working days to clear it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

From Gizchina, coming soon:
    640x433xjiayu-g6-launch.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YOGwCXmerW.jpg
    Jiayu G6

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    From Gizchina, coming soon:
    640x433xjiayu-g6-launch.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YOGwCXmerW.jpg
    Jiayu G6

Oh sweet mother of the devine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im buying that phone the minute its available!

If Jiayu made tablets, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

But currently I'm stuck between the;
    Ainol Novo 9 Spark II
    Onda V975m
    Cube U30GT2

PiPO seem to make good tablets, but I'm not too keen on how their ROM looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thargor wrote: »
    Im buying that phone the minute its available!

It has pretty much the same specs (excluding the screen) as Elephone P6s which I bought the other day but is a little smaller.

5.7 inch ah no :( too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

New Lenovo with kitkat available according to that site daytob linked

Looks like a nice bit of kit

http://www.fastcardtech.com/lenovo-s960-lte-octa-core.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Has anyone here bought a Jiayu from any of their official Spanish/German/Belgian/Italian websites? I'm thinking a Jiayu S2 would fit the bill nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jiayu dont have official shop sites, none of the phone companies do, those sites are at best dodgy resellers at worst outright scams that never had stock in the first place, stick to Merimobiles, Eotalk, or Alliexpress as long as the AE vendor has good feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Pajor's link is what prompted my query, pretty elaborate if they're scammers.

corwill wrote: »
    Pajor's link is what prompted my query, pretty elaborate if they're scammers.

Follow those links and you should be alright.

Barr wrote: »
    New Lenovo with kitkat available according to that site daytob linked

Looks like a nice bit of kit

http://www.fastcardtech.com/lenovo-s960-lte-octa-core.html

LookING at this more closely this morning I reckon this could be a fake.

It has to be the most misleading name for a phone EVER :rolleyes:

LookING at this more closely this morning I reckon this could be a fake.

It has to be the most misleading name for a phone EVER :rolleyes:

Google brings up a quad core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone else with a THL W200? Find mine is starting to lag quite a bit lately, wondering if just reflashing the firmware might solve it or should I just dump it totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Ok guys is there any chance that we can change this thread title to Chinese android phones/tablets, or is there a thread for tablets? I think readers of this thread would be interested in both, I know I would.

My favorite thread by far and adding tablets would enhance it in my opinion, what do ye all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Chinese Android Devices might be a better catch-all name.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Does anyone have a ZTE Nubia z5s mini and could they tell me if they are anygood and what's the battery life and gps like

Ok guys is there any chance that we can change this thread title to Chinese android phones/tablets, or is there a thread for tablets? I think readers of this thread would be interested in both, I know I would.

My favorite thread by far and adding tablets would enhance it in my opinion, what do ye all think?

I would prefer to see a seperate thread for both. Much handier for someone looking to buy a phone or tablet to get the relevant information.

• Advertisement

I would prefer to see a seperate thread for both. Much handier for someone looking to buy a phone or tablet to get the relevant information.

Done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement