Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-1-S5-phone-I9600-G900-MTK6582-Quad-core-Android-4-4-2-Kitkat-5-1/1808018344.html?s=p

I really like the look of that phone, anyone have any experience with those type of devices?
    I like the way they have one screenshot saying Sa****g :P

Bought a phone off them before advertised as a Samsung s3 branded the same etc it really wasnt and was a poor clone, I would keep to proper brands, there are some phones out there that would have the shape of a s4 etc but would be a name brand and good specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

The fact that it's a Galaxy S5 clone aside, this is an unbelievable spec for the money http://www.mixeshop.com/tengda-s5-mtk6592-octa-core-51-inch-fhd-ogs-screen-2gb-16gb-android-42-gesture-sensing-smartphone_p4124.html 1920x1080 IPS screen with Gorilla Glass for ~€155 delivered with the no customs delivery option!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone know of a cheap Chinese phone with 64GB onboard? I've just had my umpteenth SD card die on me and I'm just not going to take it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Does anyone know of a cheap Chinese phone with 64GB onboard? I've just had my umpteenth SD card die on me and I'm just not going to take it any more.

Would the onboard memory not be as likely to fail? Or is it 'made of better stuff' ?

Simi wrote: »
    The fact that it's a Galaxy S5 clone aside, this is an unbelievable spec for the money http://www.mixeshop.com/tengda-s5-mtk6592-octa-core-51-inch-fhd-ogs-screen-2gb-16gb-android-42-gesture-sensing-smartphone_p4124.html 1920x1080 IPS screen with Gorilla Glass for ~€155 delivered with the no customs delivery option!

OOOOOOOOOH fecking tempted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Simi wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOOH fecking tempted now.
    The black version is sexy and doesnt look like a cheap clone the way white ones of these nearly always do, very tempting alright, what a price! Probably the best phone in this thread if the specs are true.

Thargor wrote: »
    The black version is sexy and doesnt look like a cheap clone the way white ones of these nearly always do, very tempting alright, what a price! Probably the best phone in this thread if the specs are true.

Ill have to Google around see any reviews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Elephone p6s arrived.
    Some craic though, the girl in DHl charged me customs all wrong and then tried to argue that she didn't.
    DHL guy was waiting in living room to gobut your one wouldn;t accept blame. Eventually she did (after I paid the full charge) and they are issuing a part refund. I wonder why DHL bother, they could have just accepted the $ tag that the chinese sent it with.

Anyway, it is impressive, nice and slid feeling, not too heavy. Very bright colourful screen on boot up.
    I have it charging now, will post back some comments tonight.

Getting these phones is quite exciting, it is a bit of a surprise what you are going to get :D

Elephone p6s arrived.
    Some craic though, the girl in DHl charged me customs all wrong and then tried to argue that she didn't.
    DHL guy was waiting in living room to gobut your one wouldn;t accept blame. Eventually she did (after I paid the full charge) and they are issuing a part refund. I wonder why DHL bother, they could have just accepted the $ tag that the chinese sent it with.

Am waiting on a tablet, that left HONGKONG via DHL last Monday, arrived in Dublin last Wednesday and is still in customs since then!!!

Have sent them copy of Paypal receipt but still no sign of it being delivered :mad:

eamonnq wrote: »
    Am waiting on a tablet, that left HONGKONG via DHL last Monday, arrived in Dublin last Wednesday and is still in customs since then!!!

Have sent them copy of Paypal receipt but still no sign of it being delivered :mad:

I only got the sms from DHL yesterday, started an email conversation with them and it was at my door this morning. Did you use the pop.imports@dhl.com email yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Elephone p6s arrived.

Anyway, it is impressive, nice and slid feeling, not too heavy. Very bright colourful screen on boot up.
    I have it charging now, will post back some comments tonight.

Getting these phones is quite exciting, it is a bit of a surprise what you are going to get :D

Who did you order from, Irish? My phone was supposedly shipped on 28th... after an email sent, they now say it was shipped on the 6th and according to DHL they only have the weigh bill but no package yet, they reckon its travelling by land to hong kong to avoid chinese export tax or something like that, just checked site still no sign of it leaving hong kong, ordered from bangood. Any ideas anyone? I want my phone, sobs.

I only got the sms from DHL yesterday, started an email conversation with them and it was at my door this morning. Did you use the pop.imports@dhl.com email yeah?

Yep, sent them the copy of the paypal receipt, they said they would pass it on to customs and it could take 3-5 days for them to process it.

Yep, sent them the copy of the paypal receipt, they said they would pass it on to customs and it could take 3-5 days for them to process it.

I was told that too, but I just mentioned to the girl that I would be away from home for acoupleof days next week and really could do with it being expedited and it hey presto, your man was at my door at about 10.30am

Who did you order from, Irish? My phone was supposedly shipped on 28th... after an email sent, they now say it was shipped on the 6th and according to DHL they only have the weigh bill but no package yet, they reckon its travelling by land to hong kong to avoid chinese export tax or something like that, just checked site still no sign of it leaving hong kong, ordered from bangood. Any ideas anyone? I want my phone, sobs.

Bangood for me too Missymoo. I paid $14 for expedited delivery though.
    It went from Honk Kong, to Leipseig in Germany to London, to Shannon all in the space of three days.
    Prior to that though it took about 4 days to get to HK from wherever they sent it from in China

Hows the Newman N2?

Hows the Newman N2?

I have not 'upgraded' the software or anything like that yet, so there are a few known issues that I have not sorted, but the phone is working fine. Need to get time to mess about with it though to give it a good test. XBMC works fine on it too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

So my Xiaomi mi2 arrived and what a beautiful phone. It has taken a while to bin the Chinese apps, get all the Google stuff installed and try and get rid of the Chinese language stuff. Some features cannot be binned so may just have to live with and ignore them. But I just love how well designed and attractive the OS is. The screen and design are also top notch, it feels like a really well thought out phone. Very happy with it so far.

Interestingly my new Zopo980+ which I returned for dropping signal is now back with me, the problem was actually with my SIM, not the phone. That too is a killer piece of kit. So I know have two awesome phones. Which one to keep?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@stalingrad, well if you wanted to sell either or especially the zopo980+ would you pm me please? ;)

daytob wrote: »
    @stalingrad, well if you wanted to sell either or the zopo980+ would you pm me please? ;)

Thats a bit like deciding which arm to chop off but I'll keep it in mind!

What was the sim problem?

• Advertisement

What was the sim problem?

Was dropping the signal intermittently.

Was dropping the signal intermittently.

Sorry I should have been more specific :p How was the sim doing this? Was there damage or was it old?

It went from Honk Kong, to Leipseig in Germany to London, to Shannon all in the space of three days.
    Prior to that though it took about 4 days to get to HK from wherever they sent it from in China[/quot

Yeah I got the expedited shipping too, ah well at least when I see ths package listed as received, I know it will be 3 to 5 days after that. Thanks, I was hoping to have it for my daughters 1st communion on the 17th, we shall see.

Sorry I should have been more specific :p How was the sim doing this? Was there damage or was it old?

Only a few months old, must have been damaged somehow.

Prior to that though it took about 4 days to get to HK from wherever they sent it from in China[/quot

Yeah I got the expedited shipping too, ah well at least when I see ths package listed as received, I know it will be 3 to 5 days after that. Thanks, I was hoping to have it for my daughters 1st communion on the 17th, we shall see.

Well update, the phone was in work today, must have used another weigh bill. Delighted with it (Iocean X7hd) really fast. Having a mess around with it, will post more info later. And good news, no customs charge.

I have nothing to report yet.
    I am trying to sort a graphics card issue :-(

I did run the stock video that came free with the phone. Despite people saying FHD (full HD) wasn't going to be as sharp as Samsung's amoled stuff, I can't see a major difference, screen and video quality is impressive.

It is going to get a serious workout though between now and Sunday night as I am going to see how well the GPS can get me around :-) - Will come back to tell you all!

I have nothing to report yet.
    I am trying to sort a graphics card issue :-(

I did run the stock video that came free with the phone. Despite people saying FHD (full HD) wasn't going to be as sharp as Samsung's amoled stuff, I can't see a major difference, screen and video quality is impressive.

It is going to get a serious workout though between now and Sunday night as I am going to see how well the GPS can get me around :-) - Will come back to tell you all!

Whats the graphics card issue?

Check out my last post on another thread.
    Driving me mad. Got one off an adverts user but not working :-(

Question for those in the know.
    With the dual sim functionality, is it possible to have one sim running for data and one as normal for general contact?
    I will be travelling in France soon. I notice there are french operators that do good french data deals. Could I have two sims running simultaneously?? I have a Elephone P6s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Question for those in the know.
    With the dual sim functionality, is it possible to have one sim running for data and one as normal for general contact?
    I will be travelling in France soon. I notice there are french operators that do good french data deals. Could I have two sims running simultaneously?? I have a Elephone P6s

You can! I do it all the time with vodafone on 2G and with 3 running data. Unlimited data for €20 a month don't you know. Moving my 087 number to 3 soon though.

But got myself a Dutch sim a few weeks back too and that worked great running data over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement