Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thargor wrote: »
    Slammed it on the table and it started working again :D

Ah....did you buy it from BANG GOOD ??!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    Ah....did you buy it from BANG GOOD ??!!:D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

After a (tiny) bit of thought, would it be better for discussion actually if this was a phone and tablet thread?

No, skip back a few pages and take a look.

I think it is confusing enough, knowing which phones people are talking about, throw in tablets and maybe then Android TV sticks/boxes and we will end up all over the place.

Barr wrote: »
    I would prefer to see a seperate thread for both. Much handier for someone looking to buy a phone or tablet to get the relevant information.
    pajor wrote: »

What happened ??!! :confused:

• Advertisement

*tumbleweed* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Its just a slow starter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Decent tablet bargains are few and far between and Bargain Alerts usually handles them once a month or less, we're up to our necks in decent phones though, so much temptation.

A little off topic but what do ye folks think of windows phones? Nokia seem to be pushing them with some cheap ones about. There is one on BA a Nokia Lumia 520 for just €49.99

This came up on IBOOD yesterday. I thought it was worth it for the camera alone. It is supposed to be excellent. Don’t think any other phone compares camera wise.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/47470/Nokia_Lumia_925_Smartphone_with_87_megapiel_camera_and_Windows_Phone_8/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The hardware gets great reviews from the screen to the battery to the camera but to me they always felt like a dead end device that will eventually die off, I like to be able to hear about a new app then have it on my phone 10 seconds later which you just dont get with Windows phones. Also the Gmail/Google integration you get with Android is completely irreplaceable for me now in work and personal life, will never be able to go back to anything else.

• Advertisement

For me they will never be a real alternative as I’d doubt Nokia will ever make a dual sim version Lumia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Barr wrote: »
    A little off topic but what do ye folks think of windows phones? Nokia seem to be pushing them with some cheap ones about. There is one on BA a Nokia Lumia 520 for just €49.99

This came up on IBOOD yesterday. I thought it was worth it for the camera alone. It is supposed to be excellent. Don’t think any other phone compares camera wise.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/47470/Nokia_Lumia_925_Smartphone_with_87_megapiel_camera_and_Windows_Phone_8/

I have a nokia lumia 520 and they are a great phone, as nokia always has been but like thargor says the apps are just not up to par. I replaced mine with a chinese android, iocean x7hd and have to say I love it. If you like your apps then nokia is not for you, way behind android.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's your tracking number.

Track it using these
    http://www.sendfromchina.com/track/track/
    http://www.bpostinternational.com/en/e-shipper/track_and_trace.html

It hasnt updated in 2 days hmmm, Ive never used mixeshop and their no customs delivery, is this normal?

I don't think it will update until it is received in Belgium. Then allow a few days to get to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

My order showed up on sendfromchina pretty straight away after it was shipped. Send them a message to confirm it's been shipped, can't do any harm.

It hasnt updated in 2 days hmmm, Ive never used mixeshop and their no customs delivery, is this normal?

Which service did you pick?

Which service did you pick?

The option for no customs.

Well the bpost site says that the shipment does exist. Now you play zee waiting game. :D

Well the bpost site says that the shipment does exist. Now you play zee waiting game. :D

Ha yeh ive just never used them before, wanted to make sure all is ok and normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Just to mention here Amazon have a offer on today that allows you to get up to £28 of free amazon coins which can be used to buy apps from their store. You will need to register a UK address and change your country to UK in kindle settings on amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Still well chuffed with my Meizu MX3 but looking to get a cheaper phone for work in and around 80 quid will do as I know if I took the MX3 in I'd crack the screen in no time. Been following this thread for a long time and the only phone in that price range I can remember is the Newman N2 from a few pages back but that seems to be sold out. Just need good call quality and will be doing some light browsing, checking email and twitter on my lunch so doesn't have to be anything special. Again this is only a phone to bring on a building site so any recommendations for that price. Been looking at some of the s5 clones and they are around the 90 mark and would probably do the job but open to ideas. I have a Samsung builders phone at the minute and it keeps turning itself off so need to get something sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Still well chuffed with my Meizu MX3 but looking to get a cheaper phone for work in and around 80 quid will do as I know if I took the MX3 in I'd crack the screen in no time. Been following this thread for a long time and the only phone in that price range I can remember is the Newman N2 from a few pages back but that seems to be sold out. Just need good call quality and will be doing some light browsing, checking email and twitter on my lunch so doesn't have to be anything special. Again this is only a phone to bring on a building site so any recommendations for that price. Been looking at some of the s5 clones and they are around the 90 mark and would probably do the job but open to ideas. I have a Samsung builders phone at the minute and it keeps turning itself off so need to get something sorted soon.

Would this interest you at all ? http://www.focalprice.com/MK0165Y/DOOGEE_DG150_3.5_Capacitive_IPS_Touch_Screen_480x320_Android_4.2_MTK6572.html

Yeah, I've seen some of those rugged type phones. Price seems a bit high for what you get but would stand up to a bit more abuse. Cheers for the link.

Yeah, I've seen some of those rugged type phones. Price seems a bit high for what you get but would stand up to a bit more abuse. Cheers for the link.

3.5 inch..... Tbh 4.5 is the smallest phone I would get.

3.5 inch..... Tbh 4.5 is the smallest phone I would get.

Same here. Really tempted to take a punt on a clone. I know the resolution isn't the best and doesn't have all the bells and whistles but for 90 quid it should do the job in work.

Same here. Really tempted to take a punt on a clone. I know the resolution isn't the best and doesn't have all the bells and whistles but for 90 quid it should do the job in work.

When my Jiayu arrives ill be selling the Xiaomi for 100 if you want that.

When my Jiayu arrives ill be selling the Xiaomi for 100 if you want that.

Is that the red rice? Might be interested alright. When are you expecting your new toy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Mick, I got mine from bangood and for two weeks it still had the same info on tracking, I.e. shipped and then on dhl, shipping info received, but no package, I was getting worried until i got a call from my office to say it had arrived, they had obviously used a different weigh bill, apparently it's quite common. Ordered on a monday afternoon and arrived the following fri week. Hope this helps.

Edit. Oh and no customs though the package had obviously been opened. I wasnt too happy with the flimsy packaging (box and a bit of thin foam paper ina dhl plastic bag) but the phone was fine. And also the battery was already inserted in the phone (albeit with the small plastic seal still intact) but I thought that was unusual.

Is that the red rice? Might be interested alright. When are you expecting your new toy?

Next week :) its the red rice.

• Advertisement

Mick, I got mine from bangood and for two weeks it still had the same info on tracking, I.e. shipped and then on dhl, shipping info received, but no package, I was getting worried until i got a call from my office to say it had arrived, they had obviously used a different weigh bill, apparently it's quite common. Ordered on a monday afternoon and arrived the following fri week. Hope this helps.

Edit. Oh and no customs though the package had obviously been opened. I wasnt too happy with the flimsy packaging (box and a bit of thin foam paper ina dhl plastic bag) but the phone was fine. And also the battery was already inserted in the phone (albeit with the small plastic seal still intact) but I thought that was unusual.

Im sure it will update Monday :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement