Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

eamonnq wrote: »
    I had the THL T200C, apparently it has a SONY IMX135 lens. I would check the spec on the camera on any of the phones and see what they have. I think I will have to get another one as I miss it!!

Dual Cameras, 5.0MP front camera, 13.0MP BSI back camera with flashlight,Sony IMX135 lens, F2.0;
    up to 4096 X 30720 pixels resolution, support full screen caputuring
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    THL T100S has 13m on the front and 13m on the back. Happy enough with that.

What about the speed at which they take a shot. My old Samsung phone was as slow as fook trying to take one picture after another:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jiayu is sitting....downstairs right now....... My job have a policy of only collecting personal deliveries at 2.30-3.30 :mad: nazi's!!!!

I downloaded a Jiayu app from Google Play.
    Then went into it and downloaded some rom (I think! I was in Spanish!)
    It got rid of all the Chinese stuff from the phone, have a look at it when you get the paws on the new phone!:D

Jiayu is sitting....downstairs right now....... My job have a policy of only collecting personal deliveries at 2.30-3.30 :mad: nazi's!!!!

I 'd be interested in hearing about the Jiayu camera as well (subtle hint):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Please post a review of the Jiayu Mick.

Thargor wrote: »

we'll have to wait till 2.31 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

My G4 quad has a 13MP camera which produces far better quality pictures than my 8MP digital camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Barr wrote: »
    I 'd be interested in hearing about the Jiayu camera as well (subtle hint):pac:

Penis pics ahoy :pac:
    Thargor wrote: »

Will do later on
    we'll have to wait till 2.31 :pac:

Moreeeee like 8-9 pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Should I keep an eye on adverts for a dodgy Red Rice !!

Should I keep an eye on adverts for a dodgy Red Rice !!

Dodgy? not with me :)

Got the phone, the black is sliiiiiiiick as feck love it, doesnt feel too heavy got a free case and a american adapter :pac: the boys in work had it open before I even got the chance :P ill review it properly later :D

• Advertisement

Got the phone, the black is sliiiiiiiick as feck love it, doesnt feel too heavy got a free case and a american adapter :pac: the boys in work had it open before I even got the chance :P ill review it properly later :D

What kind of case .Was it a flip case ?

What kind of case .Was it a flip case ?

no just a case that sits and moulds around the back of the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Just saw the post above this so thought I'd clarify..
    I paid €200 for this HDC Note 3 vitas so its not a cheapy, have bought from the supplier before with no issues.

Hi Fuerte.

Just read that you have owned the HDC Note 3. I recently purchased a 1:1 Note 3 from Dr Gate, arrived quickly and looked unreal, a perfect clone imo. For the first day it worked seamlessly but then ran into a few issues with it - jittery screen, namely.

So I've sent it back. It's taking forever to arrive back but in the meantime the communication is quite good. Anyway I'm going to wait for the seller to re-send another and give it another shot.

Can I ask if you've had any issues with the handset (so as to allay my concerns to get a replacement and the fact it may have been a one off issue)? What seller/site did you deal with etc.?

To me, when it initially worked the handset was amazing, pretty much an identikit of the Note 3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is €95 a good deal for a red rice? Seems to have crap internal storage and I've no idea about the battery life.

Is €95 a good deal for a red rice? Seems to have crap internal storage and I've no idea about the battery life.

Links? I have it now, its only got 4gb internal but you can root it and use a app that changes the storage to SD, battery is ok.

http://hd.mi.com/webfile/zt/open/hk/index.html?20140522
    A friend in Hong Kong offered to buy it for me and send it over.

How is the phone, otherwise?

Ah, turns out not everyone who tries to buy one will get one as the numbers are limited.

Links? I have it now, its only got 4gb internal but you can root it and use a app that changes the storage to SD, battery is ok.

Is it not up on adverts yet ? Could save pickarooney getting it from HK ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

http://hd.mi.com/webfile/zt/open/hk/index.html?20140522
    A friend in Hong Kong offered to buy it for me and send it over.

How is the phone, otherwise?

Ah, turns out not everyone who tries to buy one will get one as the numbers are limited.
    I think you have to make sure its the right version for it to work in Europe.

Is it not up on adverts yet ? Could save pickarooney getting it from HK ?!

Have someone lined up already :)

Have someone lined up already :)

Is it perfect condition or perfect working order ? :D:D

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    I think you have to make sure its the right version for it to work in Europe.

I'm fairly sure it's the WCDMA version with working international 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

There is a new Xiaomi Red Rice out now called the Red Rice 1S.

It is the same price as the original Red Rice but now has Qualcomm processor (better than Mediatek) and twice as much storage (8GB).

Sur who needs to make and receive calls these days :D

Sur who needs to make and receive calls these days :D

As with all my phones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

thinking of rooting my Iocean x7hd, never did this before, I'm just being a bit curious about it. What will I gain from it? Custom Rom's I know about and getting rid of sh*t I don't need. Anything else?

I heard you can get apps not available on playstore, but I can already get those apps through Aptoide, so I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time, not too bothered about a custom ROM.

Edit: Nah, I think I'll leave it just the way it is, love the phone anyway and have no problems, was just bored in work and thought I'd try it. Probably end up ballsing up the phone, not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

...... my Iocean x7hd.......

Missy, How are you finding it ?

I'm mightly tempted to buy one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Rooting is definitely worth it.

Just having a backup functionality does it for me. Can change things and if i don't like them just revert back to the way it was.

Having changed over to a Miui ROM, i'll probably not change back unless 4.4 comes.

thinking of rooting my Iocean x7hd, never did this before, I'm just being a bit curious about it. What will I gain from it? Custom Rom's I know about and getting rid of sh*t I don't need. Anything else?

I heard you can get apps not available on playstore, but I can already get those apps through Aptoide, so I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time, not too bothered about a custom ROM.

Edit: Nah, I think I'll leave it just the way it is, love the phone anyway and have no problems, was just bored in work and thought I'd try it. Probably end up ballsing up the phone, not worth it.

If it ain't broke...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

actually, has anyone seen any phone which can compete with the Moto G on price and performance?

Was having a look but couldn't see any standout performers. for around the 150 mark delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

brimal wrote: »
    There is a new Xiaomi Red Rice out now called the Red Rice 1S.

It is the same price as the original Red Rice but now has Qualcomm processor (better than Mediatek) and twice as much storage (8GB).

Dual Sim or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement