Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

abarkie wrote: »
    Dual Sim or not?

Yip its dual sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got the phone, the black is sliiiiiiiick as feck love it, doesnt feel too heavy got a free case and a american adapter :pac: the boys in work had it open before I even got the chance :P ill review it properly later :D

Hows the new gadget mick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Anyone know of any Chinese phones that support Irish 4G?

I'm preferably looking for one with 4G and Android 4.4.

Currently have the Moto G and it's great but the lack of SD Card slot is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Anyone know of any Chinese phones that support Irish 4G?

I'm preferably looking for one with 4G and Android 4.4.

Currently have the Moto G and it's great but the lack of SD Card slot is a killer.

Saw this the other day, cheapest 4G on etotalk.

ZTE Star 1
    http://www.etotalk.com/zte-star1_p5757.html

Unless I'm much mistaken it'll work on 4G here except O2.

pajor wrote: »
    Saw this the other day, cheapest 4G on etotalk.

ZTE Star 1
    http://www.etotalk.com/zte-star1_p5757.html

Unless I'm much mistaken it'll work on 4G here except O2.

Thanks! Nice looking phone.

I don't really like the capacitive buttons and I much prefer the on screen ones lime what the Nexus devices have.

• Advertisement

[Double Posted - My Apologies]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

honda boi wrote: »
    Hows the new gadget mick?

Need to get my sim cut to mini before I can use it :(

Go into the Meteor/3/Vodafone/O2 shop and they'll cut it for you there and then.

They did for me anyway.

Go into the Meteor/3/Vodafone/O2 shop and they'll cut it for you there and then.

They did for me anyway.

Yeh Ive just been a lil busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Review of the Zopo 980

After having this phone for a week I figured I would post up a review if thats ok? It was purchased by someone else here so I am not sure where it was bought from.

Appearance : Even though it looks kinda like one of those fruity phones I didnt mind it. Smacked it into a case and its clear to see just how nice it really is. There is a metal accent surrounded by the screen and plastic back. Volume button to the left, power button to the right. charging port to the bottom, along with the microphone. The headphone socket is up on top and the speakers on the bottom. As usual 3 buttons on the screen Menu, Home and back, from left to right.

Screen : Its stunning to look at. 5 inches of 1080 and you can tell, images are crystal clear, so much so that some of my contacts pictures show up how bad they were taken. I was pleasantly surprised just how clear it was.

Outlay of pages :
    I dont do roms so this was just the basic one that came with it. On the top of each page, 5 in total, is the google search bar. its not bothersome to me and as its my phone I dont mind it, I am sure others would. As there are 5 pages you have clearly enough for most peoples widgets and icons.

Power : Having had it for nearly a week, playing games and streaming music along with watching videos online it easily handles these and I still have enough of a charge in my battery to carry on for most of the day. Dunno if its something I am doing though, the more power hungry people might not like it though.

Apps and Storage : Ill start with storage first. 2gb of ram, 16gb of rom ( 9.53 gb available to user ) with a 32gb micro sd card and I have more than enough for pretty much anything I use. I have installed some games and still get to put them on the sd card. I do use the cloud to store pictures and music so it should be ok for me for a while.
    Apps, I have noticed a few apps crashing on this, when I searched the net I noticed that the dialler contacts app I use is no longer developer updated so I reckon that might be why that one crashed. The fb app crashed too but it says this on the play store that its since the update, so an older version from google and its grand, not a bother.

Camera and Speakers : Now this is where I am getting confused. The back camera is supposed to be 14mp, when I use the stock camera app its showing I take a 14mp picture, I do own ProCapture and when I installed the full version its showing up my camera only takes 13mp. I will update this sometime later in the week when I check with other apps. I wont be sticking up pictures this week as there hasnt been any places worth taking, and I wont be sticking up pictures of my son anywhere. I am not a fan of selfies either so I will take some soon of someone else and see how they turn out
    Speakers, having listened to music and occasionally speaking on speaker phone so my son can hear, I have yet to find a problem. The only thing I have noticed is when I ring my father, who has a hearing aid enabled phone on the other end, it kinda sounds tinny. Music however comes out nice and clear, music from google play sounds brilliant too. I havent used the headphone socket yet, so cant comment on that.

GPS : Mediatek processor so this is non existant. I havent had a chance to fiddle with it and try fix the gps problem, but I may mess with it and upate the review.

Overall : I didnt know if I would like this phone and I offered it to my wife but she didnt want it, so having tried it for nearly a week its brilliant. It will definitely tide me over until I get my oneplus ;)
    daytob rating out of 10 stars. 8. it suits me, I am sure others might find issue with it, but for the money and reasons why I use it, I cant fault it. Gps is the only issue but hopefully I can get the gps fix and bring it up half a star. Pictures later

Daytob :D

• Advertisement

Oh ri..Is it not a dual sim?
    Cant wait for the review from ya.Really want one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

daytob wrote: »
    GPS : Mediatek processor so this is non existant. I havent had a chance to fiddle with it and try fix the gps problem, but I may mess with it and upate the review.

Is it an octcore ? I thought the GPS was supposed to be much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

0lddog wrote: »
    Missy, How are you finding it ?

I'm mightly tempted to buy one too.

Oh I love it. Very fast. Worked straight out of the box. I downloaded lean data app and between that and an automatic switch offf between 11pm and 7am, I get great life out of the battery (about 2 days). I am not a gamer but the kids play templerun and say it works very well. Camera is good at 8mp but other phones have better at 15mp if you like your photos. But its ahuge step up from the nokia lumia 520 I had. I bought a 16gig sd card separately and I really needed it as the internal storage is not great. Overall though well pleased. It cost €130 with a case and expedited delivery from bangood. Hope this helps.

Edit. The gps worked like a dream also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Yeah carphone warehouse did it for the hubbies iphone and we didnt even buy it there. I felt so guilty they were so helpful that I bought a cheap case before I left.

Oh ri..Is it not a dual sim?
    Cant wait for the review from ya.Really want one:D

It is but the 2nd Sim is non data, using it now review tonight.

Barr wrote: »
    Is it an octcore ? I thought the GPS was supposed to be much better
    supposed to be but cant find any place I have navigated to :(

Love this phone, screen is crisp and clear, sound is super loud and calls are really clear, very fast downloads multiple apps with ease, battery seems ok was expecting more but we may see in the next few days if it improves, camera is good check my adverts for samples, apps all seem to work bar facebook but I can use the browser for that, I would score it 9/10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

So is the Red Rice available again now ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    So is the Red Rice available again now ?

Yeh I'm holding it for someone.

Update on the Jiayu the headphones I have are not being recognized, ill try a few more later and see if its just the headphones, battery is down 3% after an hour so thats not good.

I had a problem with my htc one x and headphones. A good pair of sennheiser wouldnt recognise but a cheap beatz pair would.
    see what is using the battery.

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    I had a problem with my htc one x and headphones. A good pair of sennheiser wouldnt recognise but a cheap beatz pair would.
    see what is using the battery.

Cheap dealz pair were recognized :confused:

If I remember correctly my last Jiayu took a few charges before the battery was at full strenght, as long as I get a days usage im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that the 5 or the 4S you're talking about Mick?

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that the 5 or the 4S you're talking about Mick?

4S

Yeh I'm holding it for someone.

Just saw one on sale on adverts there, is it still on hold ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Just saw one on sale on adverts there, is it still on hold ?

Yeh it is as far as I know he still wants it.

Love this phone, screen is crisp and clear, sound is super loud and calls are really clear, very fast downloads multiple apps with ease, battery seems ok was expecting more but we may see in the next few days if it improves, camera is good check my adverts for samples, apps all seem to work bar facebook but I can use the browser for that, I would score it 9/10 :)

Nice one mick,im sold,gonna order one now:D

Nice one mick,im sold,gonna order one now:D

Battery at 77% since 8 this morning and headphones do work just need a lil twisting :) Oh and I was given a link by daytob to get a working facebook app.

Anyone know what the difference,if any,between EUXUP1 and EUXUP2 shipping on mixeshop?
    EUXUP2 is like 30$ cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Anyone know what the difference,if any,between EUXUP1 and EUXUP2 shipping on mixeshop?
    EUXUP2 is like 30$ cheaper

Cannot check now as I'm on the phone but I'm almost sure the cheaper one is just if your are ordering an extra battery as they cannot send two batteries in the same order.

• Advertisement

Yeh it is as far as I know he still wants it.

You were having a bit of fun on your ad, I see!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement