Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

eamonnq wrote: »
    You were having a bit of fun on your ad, I see!!

Meh some troll who hasnt posted in 4 years randomly posts on mine, bit suspicious if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Took delivery of my Lenovo S650 this morning! :D

I ordered it from mixeshop by standard airmail, 4 weeks from purchase to delivery and saved myself 30 euro or so in delivery charges.

Here is the one.
    http://www.mixeshop.com/lenovo-s650-mini-vibe-x-mtk6582m-13ghz-quad-core-47-ips-960x540px-android-42-1gb4gb-80mp-camera-smartphone_p3017.html

I ordered it with the standard ROM, case, extra memory etc.

It works right out of the box. Starts up in English and has all the Play store apps and the rest. Stuck in the SIM and I was running rightaway. All I had to change was the time zone.

And it has a nice spec: gorilla glass, dual cameras etc.

deandean wrote: »
    Took delivery of my Lenovo S650 this morning! :D

I ordered it from mixeshop by standard airmail, 4 weeks from purchase to delivery and saved myself 30 euro or so in delivery charges.

Here is the one.
    http://www.mixeshop.com/lenovo-s650-mini-vibe-x-mtk6582m-13ghz-quad-core-47-ips-960x540px-android-42-1gb4gb-80mp-camera-smartphone_p3017.html

I ordered it with the standard ROM, case, extra memory etc.

It works right out of the box. Starts up in English and has all the Play store apps and the rest. Stuck in the SIM and I was running rightaway. All I had to change was the time zone.

And it has a nice spec: gorilla glass, dual cameras etc.

You know the rule review after a few hours or we beat you up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

This NEWMAN N2 has my head wrecked, tis a grand phone except for the battery issues. Think I need to find a new ROM for it.

This NEWMAN N2 has my head wrecked, tis a grand phone except for the battery issues. Think I need to find a new ROM for it.

Ive seen a few people giving out about the phone, maybe the were all simply faulty and sold cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

This works almost perfectly http://vondroid.com/threads/xperia-joy-rom-ics-by-alfa.11149/

Its not JB but no JB works 100% with it.

From memory, the default setting reverses the internal and external SD cards. So if you have something like titanium backup installed you will need to go into titanium and get it to search the phone for existing backup. Or go to storage setting in the rom and select swap cards.

Ive seen a few people giving out about the phone, maybe the were all simply faulty and sold cheap?

I think the problem is with the processor, there isnt an official JB release for it. I think manufacturers are trying to get rid of them by adding sh1tty JB rom on them to get rid.

Tablets with the same processor have same problem with JB roms.

T-Bird wrote: »
    This works almost perfectly http://vondroid.com/threads/xperia-joy-rom-ics-by-alfa.11149/

From memory, the default setting reverses the internal and external SD cards. So if you have something like titanium backup installed you will need to go into titanium and get it to search the phone for existing backup. Or go to storage setting in the rom and select swap cards.

I was not planning on keeping this phone, was going to get another T200C (6 inch octacore), so am only messing about with this at the moment. Will give that ROM a go and see how it behaves.

I wouldn't think so, it was working fine, and then along came the battery issues, but I did a few minor upgrades (there is a problem with the screen coming on when it feels like it, so applied the fix for that which I think sorted a problem with the camera also), but I think the new rom might be the best thing to do.

I wouldn't think so, it was working fine, and then along came the battery issues, but I did a few minor upgrades (there is a problem with the screen coming on when it feels like it, so applied the fix for that which I think sorted a problem with the camera also), but I think the new rom might be the best thing to do.

Keep us updated, I'm delighted I never purchased that when it was 200+

• Advertisement

Keep us updated, I'm delighted I never purchased that when it was 200+

Still available:

http://www.antelife.com/newman-n2-quad-core-4-7-inch-hd-ips-screen-android-4-0-exynos-4412-1-4ghz-13mp-camera-10-point-touch-smart-phone.html

SOLD OUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Zopo update #1

Sunshine test and music

Sunshine : usually doesnt apply in this country but figured I might as well jinx it. :rolleyes: While out today I had several text messages. Even in the bright sunshine and with my sunglasses on it was really easy to see the exact text and every screen. I use gosms pro with zmargaret theme so its kinda dull anyways but out today it was just like sitting at home. crystal clear.

Music : Having plugged in some earphones, a speaker and connecting to a soundbar I can say that the sound from it is amazing. Even without headphones i have found it quite loud. Picture test to come soon if people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

wiz569 wrote: »
    Cannot check now as I'm on the phone but I'm almost sure the cheaper one is just if your are ordering an extra battery as they cannot send two batteries in the same order.

Nah got an email from them this morning
    Hi sir
    EUEXP2 not accept the cell phone, just for the android tv or set top box
    euexp1 for cell phone ,but not over 4piece will be accept it thanks
    Tina
    Damn!!was hoping it was a cheaper delivery option:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Battery at 77% since 8 this morning and headphones do work just need a lil twisting :) Oh and I was given a link by daytob to get a working facebook app.

Ordered it there:D.
    How long did you suffer waiting????

honda boi wrote: »
    Ordered it there:D.
    How long did you suffer waiting????

Just over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

alright chinese phone peeps, I have decided not to keep the newman, it keeps freezing and turning itself off for no reason. I have 2 choices, sell it on or send it back to pandawill for a refund. Advice?

alright chinese phone peeps, I have decided not to keep the newman, it keeps freezing and turning itself off for no reason. I have 2 choices, sell it on or send it back to pandawill for a refund. Advice?

Have you tried flashing it? Though that would void any returns, how much would you sell it for? I've never had to return to China so ill let one of the other guys tell us their experience.

T-Bird wrote: »

Did you try flashing it with the rom T-Bird suggested ?

• Advertisement

Did you try flashing it with the rom suggested T-Bird ?

No because if I screw up or I am still not happy I won't be able to return it! I am now in talks with pandawill to send it back.

I would sell it for what I paid for it 85 bucks!

Check out how much it costs to send back before you decide anything, and sending it 'recorded' is probably advisable.

I flashed mine and it 'appears' to be working properly, still not sure if the battery problem is sorted as I have not charged it fully.

Check out how much it costs to send back before you decide anything, and sending it 'recorded' is probably advisable.

I flashed mine and it 'appears' to be working properly, still not sure if the battery problem is sorted as I have not charged it fully.

What was the battery problem?

What was the battery problem?

Not charging properly, not sure if it was from one of the other updates I did though as it had been charging fine. Flashed it in a bit of a hurry last night, so I should probably do it again and test it before adding any apps etc., but it seems to be fine (although it is ICS now!).

Send it back if it is cost efficient. Also they might not give full refund due to admin costs...

battery problem is calibration issue with jelly bean roms.

well I checked and it cost about 15 euros to send it back with tracking. So I am thinking I will be sending it back, i'm already pressuring that they pay the return fee since it is "defective", I'm really good at putting the pressure on so we'll see. I'll keep you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Lost my Jiayu G4 advanced on the weekend so back in the market for a new phone. I'm looking for something between 4.7 and 5.0 inch with an SD card around the 200 mark but nothing is really catching my eye. Was expecting a bit of an upgrade but I really loved my last Jiayu so looks like I might go for the G4s. Anyone have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....... I'm really good at putting the pressure on .......!

:eek: Yes Mistress gi, I bet you are, never doubted it for a minute ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

phunks wrote: »
    Lost my Jiayu G4 advanced on the weekend so back in the market for a new phone. I'm looking for something between 4.7 and 5.0 inch with an SD card around the 200 mark but nothing is really catching my eye. Was expecting a bit of an upgrade but I really loved my last Jiayu so looks like I might go for the G4s. Anyone have any other suggestions?

This has savage spec :eek:, UK as well so no customs

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UK-STOCK-TECA-S5B-ANDROID-4-4-KitKat-OCTA-CORE-4GB-RAM-18MP-5-1-Full-HD-PHONE-a-/191193711646?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2c8408841e

• Advertisement

Rebooted my phone battery went up 30% was wondering why it was draining so fast for a 3000mah battery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement