Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mick, ive the jiayu g4. Battery lasted maybe 12 hrs. I now use battery doctor app. It turns off all apps when my phone is locked. Savage battery saving I have to say. Charged up the phone Monday evening, still at 45%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Panthro wrote: »
    Mick, ive the jiayu g4. Battery lasted maybe 12 hrs. I now use battery doctor app. It turns off all apps when my phone is locked. Savage battery saving I have to say. Charged up the phone Monday evening, still at 45%.

I get all day on it never gone past 50% yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

I get all day on it never gone past 50% yet.

If its anything like my G4 though that second 50% will run down in just a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

My Xiaomi Mi3 arrived yesterday. Amazing phone compared to any previous phone I had. So fast and the screen is jumping out at me. It taking a bit of time to "de-Chinese" it.
    Anyone no how to stop it looking up some Chinese directory as you type in a number to dial? Also it will only download apps from the Play store over Wifi, how do I allow it to do it over 3G too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Barr wrote: »

Those specs seem suspect. I'm open to correction but I dont know of any other phone that has 4gigs of Ram.
    An 18mega pixel camera is also very very uncommon so for an unknown manufacturer to have it is unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mintydan

No because if I screw up or I am still not happy I won't be able to return it! I am now in talks with pandawill to send it back.

I would sell it for what I paid for it 85 bucks!
    well I checked and it cost about 15 euros to send it back with tracking. So I am thinking I will be sending it back, i'm already pressuring that they pay the return fee since it is "defective", I'm really good at putting the pressure on so we'll see. I'll keep you posted!

Just to let you know before you pack it off to China mistress_gi, I got the N2 the same week as you and I've been thru all the same problems with battery and turning off and so on. Disaster. Tried a bunch of roms to no avail. But my phone is perfect now. Its using the official Newman_N2_0.18_4.1 build. Battery doctor really helped get the charging regular too. If you've not tried or don't wanna root and unlock bootloader I think you can system update from the phones menu. Vondroid have all the info.

Anyways just thought I'd give you a shout out about that in case you wanna try this one

Take care
    Dan

gamblor101 wrote: »
    My Xiaomi Mi3 arrived yesterday. Amazing phone compared to any previous phone I had. So fast and the screen is jumping out at me. It taking a bit of time to "de-Chinese" it.
    Anyone no how to stop it looking up some Chinese directory as you type in a number to dial? Also it will only download apps from the Play store over Wifi, how do I allow it to do it over 3G too?[/QUOTE]

Have you checked play store settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mintydan

No because if I screw up or I am still not happy I won't be able to return it! I am now in talks with pandawill to send it back.

I would sell it for what I paid for it 85 bucks!

It's not been rooted or bootloader unlocked right?
    Still got it to sell? Thinkin I might chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Anyone no how to stop it looking up some Chinese directory as you type in a number to dial? Also it will only download apps from the Play store over Wifi, how do I allow it to do it over 3G too?[/QUOTE]

Have you checked play store settings?

Checked there. Nothing.

Found it. In MIUI there is a global download app. It was set to restrict anything over 1Mb to Wifi only. Fixed to Unlimited now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I have a THL W200S for the last few months. Very happy with it. Great phone for the money.

• Advertisement

Checked there. Nothing.

Found it. In MIUI there is a global download app. It was set to restrict anything over 1Mb to Wifi only. Fixed to Unlimited now

As much as I loved the MIUI you would always be scratching your head at the sheer amount of options :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

Hello can someone tell what the sellers mark on the postal forms, do the mark them as mobile phone or charger or something else?

nostrils wrote: »
    Hello can someone tell what the sellers mark on the postal forms, do the mark them as mobile phone or charger or something else?

If you ask them they will mark it blank or sample, Mixeshop will send it in a unmarked box for a lil bit extra money, though the one I got had "no customs guaranteed!" written on it.....er thanks Mixeshop :p

Thanks for the reply did you ever go parcel motel route? If so was it any better customs wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Well It's gone back to china now! I got an RMA number and it is off! This was a gift for someone who does not have the patience to work these things out which is understandable so I sent it back, I think it is really good of Pandawill to do this! I was expecting a huge fight on my hands with them! Happy enough with it though Now to wait for my money!
    I think I will try these again bu for myself, I have more patience and am ready to play around with the tech before giving up completely!

Thanks for the reply did you ever go parcel motel route? If so was it any better customs wise?

I just paid Mixeshop the extra tenner to avoid customs, Ive never used parcel motel I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Be careful using parcel motel for the likes of this. If they get asked for duty they will refuse the parcel. In my experience don't use DHL, FED EX, UPS etc as your shipping method, more often then not you will get stung for customs. Use regular China post or equivalent. Takes a bit longer to get to you but should get through without customs. Again this is my experience, others may report the total opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Love this phone, screen is crisp and clear, sound is super loud and calls are really clear, very fast downloads multiple apps with ease, battery seems ok was expecting more but we may see in the next few days if it improves, camera is good check my adverts for samples, apps all seem to work bar facebook but I can use the browser for that, I would score it 9/10 :)

Very interesting Mick because my G5S has been perfect since I got it.. but last night the official Facebook App started crashing.

Like you said its no hassle to use it on a browser as well as the Messenger App but I'm a bit curious now I tried reinstalling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Be careful using parcel motel for the likes of this. If they get asked for duty they will refuse the parcel. In my experience don't use DHL, FED EX, UPS etc as your shipping method, more often then not you will get stung for customs. Use regular China post or equivalent. Takes a bit longer to get to you but should get through without customs. Again this is my experience, others may report the total opposite.

Customs always catch mine. And I only ever us Chinapost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Advertisement

Very interesting Mick because my G5S has been perfect since I got it.. but last night the official Facebook App started crashing.

Like you said its no hassle to use it on a browser as well as the Messenger App but I'm a bit curious now I tried reinstalling.

Google the older version it will work.

Anyone ever get the 1:1 octa core phones tell me what quality was like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

eamonnq wrote: »

5000mAh , now that is what I call a battery :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone ever get the 1:1 octa core phones tell me what quality was like?

Should be getting a quad core one towards the end of next week, I'll let you know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

ordered jiayu g4s octa core and onda v979m via deals prime and waiting for it to be delivered today.got hit with customs charge of 25 euro.via dhl,they picked it up yesterday from hong kong and its here today thats some fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

What do people think of this?
    Xiaomi redmi note pro.
    I'm not allowed post a link.

5.5 inch HD
    Octa core
    13mp camera
    SD card slot
    3200mah battery

I can't seem to find a cheaper alternative with similar specs.
    €152 on etotalk

accap1f8 wrote: »
    What do people think of this?
    Xiaomi redmi note pro.
    I'm not allowed post a link.

5.5 inch HD
    Octa core
    13mp camera
    SD card slot
    3200mah battery

I can't seem to find a cheaper alternative with similar specs.
    €152 on etotalk

Looks good, I normally wouldnt go above 5 inches for a phone but the price and battery size would change my opinion, whats the RAM/ROM

Looks good, I normally wouldnt go above 5 inches for a phone but the price and battery size would change my opinion, whats the RAM/ROM

Ram 2gb
    ROM 8gb

ROM is a bit small hut that wouldn't bother me with a 32gb SD card. I can't see any downfall with this at all. The battery is big compared to others. Very respected brand as well.

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Ram 2gb
    ROM 8gb

ROM is a bit small hut that wouldn't bother me with a 32gb SD card. I can't see any downfall with this at all. The battery is big compared to others. Very respected brand as well.

Go for it

• Advertisement

Go for it

I think I will. Still can't find a better alternative for the price. I've never used etotalk. Is it the real deal? I've only used chinavasion and they don't have this phone. Its only a few euro extra on merimobiles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement