Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Just ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note from Pandawill. Will be in touch with updates

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

It's the same tracking number that you got from SP but it won't show up on the An Post system until it says ''arrived in Ireland'' on the SP site.

You can track it on chinese swiftpost site with the db reference they should have given you. Sorry cant link it but a quick google search will help. From experience it can takke up to 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Just ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note from Pandawill. Will be in touch with updates

Let us know how you get on. I've done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

How much?

I see its €240 on Amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

How much?

Approx €160 from pandawill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I'm having problems with a new phone i bought. Video playback is choppy and stuttering. Also scrolling down through webpages the screen is also unsmooth. Do you reckon the phone is underpowered or what could be the problem. This is the phone,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Star-P6-Mobile-Phone-MTK6589T-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-Phone-Unlocked-HD-Screen-/181426022334?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2a3dd567be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Finally phones been shipped:D
    But on mixeshop it says shipped 3rd June
    On bpost it has it recorded on 31st may.
    Say am I safe to say it be here by friday, Saturday?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Hey, new to Chinese phones and looking for a bit of help on what phone to get. I've read back about 20 pages of this thread but there's too many pages to read it all. I was looking at the Tengda S5 or the Xiaomi Hongmi Note, I see a good few people have recently ordered the Xiaomi Note and that Xiaomi in General get recommended as a brand but does anyone have any experience of the Tengda S5? Are they generally reliable? Cheers for any help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

llandai wrote: »
    Hey, new to Chinese phones and looking for a bit of help on what phone to get. I've read back about 20 pages of this thread but there's too many pages to read it all. I was looking at the Tengda S5 or the Xiaomi Hongmi Note, I see a good few people have recently ordered the Xiaomi Note and that Xiaomi in General get recommended as a brand but does anyone have any experience of the Tengda S5? Are they generally reliable? Cheers for any help..

Nobody has ordered the Tengda as far as I know but it looks a good phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

llandai wrote: »
    That tengda has good specs but the xiaomi seem a better brand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Any whispers of xiaomi's mi3s? (or mi4 or whatever it'll be called)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Any whispers of xiaomi's mi3s? (or mi4 or whatever it'll be called)

This appeared on Antutu a while ago:

EEbOISI.jpg

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/05/08/xiaomi-leo-xiaomi-mi3s-turns-antutu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www.pandawill.com/mlais-mx59-smartphone-mtk6589t-2g-32g-50-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-42-otg-silver-p89555.html

I have never owned an android phone but this has caught my eye . I mainly use my phone for web browing , music and taking photos . Would this be a good phone to buy . I currently have an Iphone 4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.pandawill.com/mlais-mx59-smartphone-mtk6589t-2g-32g-50-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-42-otg-silver-p89555.html

I have never owned an android phone but this has caught my eye . I mainly use my phone for web browing , music and taking photos . Would this be a good phone to buy . I currently have an Iphone 4 .

That looks like a pricing error to me, don't think you will get it that cheap, but I would buy it if you could!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

eamonnq wrote: »
    That looks like a pricing error to me, don't think you will get it that cheap, but I would buy it if you could!!

Definitely is. The white is now out of stock but there's also black and gold. Doubt they'll sell at that price. Tempted to try it though.

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Definitely is. The white is now out of stock but there's also black and gold. Doubt they'll sell at that price. Tempted to try it though.

Was chatting to an online help guy who said the price is correct and "good phone, good price".
    Unbelievable price for the specs.
    It's €273 on etotalk. Get in there quick I'd say

Was chatting to an online help guy who said the price is correct and "good phone, good price".
    Unbelievable price for the specs.
    It's €273 on etotalk. Get in there quick I'd say

would it not get destroyed by customs if picked up?

Why ?

Carbon copy of HTC One...

However it was more of a question than a statement really...

Ya I just saw if you Google the name that its a copy of a HTC. Not sure how you'd get around that.

• Advertisement

Just off a chat with Pandawill... Xioami Redmi Note is out of stock, restocking is 5-8 days

Carbon copy of HTC One...

However it was more of a question than a statement really...

Ah right, could happen alright, but am not sure they will even supply them at that price, might give it a go though just in case they do.

Ah right, could happen alright, but am not sure they will even supply them at that price, might give it a go though just in case they do.

I thought if the box was branded they wouldn't destroy them? My old Jiayu was a lookalike for the HTC and I got it no issues at all.

I thought if the box was branded they wouldn't destroy them? My old Jiayu was a lookalike for the HTC and I got it no issues at all.

It's whether it has the brand logos on it or not and the phone doesn't have the htc logos so it should be fine .

Didn't get a chance to buy one , all out of stock . If they get more in and it stays at that price I will be buying one .

Did anybody else order one ?

Didn't get a chance to buy one , all out of stock . If they get more in and it stays at that price I will be buying one .

They went quick. It was a great price

They went quick. It was a great price

Yeah it was I think I'll have a chat with one of there people and see if they will be getting them back in .

Yeah it was I think I'll have a chat with one of there people and see if they will be getting them back in .

I still don't think they will be supplied at that price, but will wait and see. They did sell the NEWMAN N2 very cheap (mine is working fine now!!).

• Advertisement

I still don't think they will be supplied at that price, but will wait and see. They did sell the NEWMAN N2 very cheap (mine is working fine now!!).

Flashing fixed it? Good to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement