Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

eamonnq wrote: »
    I still don't think they will be supplied at that price, but will wait and see. They did sell the NEWMAN N2 very cheap (mine is working fine now!!).

Yeah that's true all you can do is play the waiting game to see what happens . I know if they do I won't hesitate to buy one . Then the iPhone can go up on adverts and I should break even and get a much better phone .
    Edit just saw on their forum they will be getting more of them in . I will be buying one when they do .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

310x260xMlais-MX59_3_.jpg.TBKNSTAPKDIWUadYO.4q025dU.jpg

Looks as though they are selling them at that price. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Just off a chat with Pandawill... Xioami Redmi Note is out of stock, restocking is 5-8 days

I was told 4-5 days via email, I'll wait I guess. are you gonna wait or order elsewhere?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I was told 4-5 days via email, I'll wait I guess. are you gonna wait or order elsewhere?

I think you may be waiting a fair bit longer than what they have told you.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

And whats a "fair bit longer"?

• Advertisement

And whats a "fair bit longer"?

Yeah, how long Eamonn would you think we could be waiting?

If its gonna be ages I may just cancel and order with mixeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Ya eamonn. Spill the beans already

I could be wrong, but I don't think that they will have them anytime soon. They don't seem to be 'generally available' anywhere that I can see, a lot of Chinese websites will take orders for them before they actually can get them, and then string it out for 'a few more days'......a few more days.......our shipment will arrive next week........our shipment was held up...they did not pass 'our' quality tests and we have sent them back to the factory and are awaiting a new batch etc. etc.

If you can find someone that does have them 'ready to ship' you might be as well ordering with them. (like mixeshop appear to have!)

but like I said..........I could be wrong.

I doubt if the MX59 will ship anytime soon either.....I think it will be a few days also.

I emailed mixeshop you also informed me they have no stock of the Redmi/Hongmi Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

9 days after ordering and bpost still says
    "item is announced/bpost received the information"
    Looks like I ain't getting my phone this week!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

honda boi wrote: »
    9 days after ordering and bpost still says
    "item is announced/bpost received the information"
    Looks like I ain't getting my phone this week!:(

Was like that for me too its head wrecking :pac:

Was like that for me too its head wrecking :pac:

Ye just can't wait to get it so I can get rid of this huawei g300!!!..did it ever update for you or did it just arrive at ur Gaf?

Ye just can't wait to get it so I can get rid of this huawei g300!!!..did it ever update for you or did it just arrive at ur Gaf?

Updated with a new tracking number which will be used for An Phost.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I emailed mixeshop you also informed me they have no stock of the Redmi/Hongmi Note.

Yep, they don't appear to be generally available. The sites that are taking orders are just getting your money in before the stock becomes available.

Updated with a new tracking number which will be used for An Phost.

Bpost have it since 31st may. Didn't think it sat in Belgium for a week

Bpost have it since 31st may. Didn't think it sat in Belgium for a week

They only received the info, they may not have it, hassle Mixeshop until they sort it.

They only received the info, they may not have it, hassle Mixeshop until they sort it.

Oh ri will throw them an email so.they have it as shipped on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even though the usb port on my G3 is fecked and its a pain in the ass to charge it now Im going to give it as long as I can and wait for an octa core KitKat to appear, that Redmi is so damn tempting though.

Oh ri will throw them an email so.they have it as shipped on the site

Try chat with them instead a lot quicker.

Quick update on the Jiayu, battery has improved a lot best Ive gotten so far was 40 hours and it had 4% left, GPS takes about 3 mins to lock on, lost signal once but thats its :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Thargor wrote: »
    Even though the usb port on my G3 is fecked and its a pain in the ass to charge it now Im going to give it as long as I can and wait for an octa core KitKat to appear, that Redmi is so damn tempting though.

etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

I can't post links but it's called the elephone p8. Good enough specs and kit kat.
    It seems to be only 4.4 on etotalk and 4.2 android on the rest. Not sure if they're lying or it's updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah my first thought was lying aswell, thought the app list in the pics looked very Jelly Bean only Ive only played with one KitKat device for 5 minutes anyway so hard to know, Im going to give it another while anyway and see what comes.

Try chat with them instead a lot quicker.

Quick update on the Jiayu, battery has improved a lot best Ive gotten so far was 40 hours and it had 4% left, GPS takes about 3 mins to lock on, lost signal once but thats its :)

Seems like they must be offline for the day!!!..
    Ah now you just teasing me:p

Seems like they must be offline for the day!!!..
    Ah now you just teasing me:p

China are 8 hours ahead I think so probably a early morning chat will be needed :pac:

I always catch them at 9-10am

Was told this morning that Xiaomi Note was in stock and will be shipped tomorrow.
    I will contact them again tomorrow

Was told this morning that Xiaomi Note was in stock and will be shipped tomorrow.
    I will contact them again tomorrow

Is that from PANDAWILL or MIXESHOP ?

Sorry Pandawill....

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

ordered xiaomi note and smart cove from mixeshop, paid 169 euro! Will report when I get my hands on the beast :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This isn't related to Chinese phones but I'm hoping someone can help.

I bought a camera from TMart.com and I got it yesterday, I wasn't home when the An Post postman came around so it was left at one of their offices.

When I went to collect it I noticed it had been opened, grand I thought just Customs.

But from looking in the box the only thing in there was the camera itself, I was supposed to get an Irish plug adaptor, a memory card and some other things.

Now given the size of the opening it's likely that they fell out when Customs opened it.

So what can I do? Do I have any ground against An Post?

The camera was the expensive part and I have that but not anything else.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks in advance and apologies for posting here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Haven't been on this thread in ages. Just want to say my Jiayu G2+ is still working an absolute treat. A little bit chubby for a modern phone but breezes through everything thrown at it and I regularly get two days battery out of it.
    I had an issue with lags and fast battery drain, and somehow just running Platinum Backup, not even rewriting the ROM, fixed it back smooth as new.
    Catch ye here in 12 months when I'm looking for a new phone maybe!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement