Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Haven't been on this thread in ages. Just want to say my Jiayu G2+ is still working an absolute treat. A little bit chubby for a modern phone but breezes through everything thrown at it and I regularly get two days battery out of it.
    I had an issue with lags and fast battery drain, and somehow just running Platinum Backup, not even rewriting the ROM, fixed it back smooth as new.
    Catch ye here in 12 months when I'm looking for a new phone maybe!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

accap1f8 wrote: »
    etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

I can't post links but it's called the elephone p8. Good enough specs and kit kat.
    It seems to be only 4.4 on etotalk and 4.2 android on the rest. Not sure if they're lying or it's updated.

4.4 download link for that phone HERE. However, probably best to wait and see what other people think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

So I emailed them yesterday asking where my package was and they emailed back "it is already send out thanks"..
    So now I'm trying to live chat them but not sure how.I'm using my phone at the minute, and when I click on aftersales or order status chat, nothing happens.would this be because I'm using a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks like Pandawill might be doing a 'bait and switch' with the MX59 as they are now advising that it is 'not in stock' and do you want to wait (3-8 days) OR choose a different item.

Not suprised really but disappointed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

got my Jiayu G4s from pandawill over a week ago. Great fone, really low price for the spec and the battery has no end!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS-uxSHHLynidAWtBSNIFfKIUNq3kOFqYh3T7z3u3Y4e3fb508tQ

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that they will have them anytime soon. They don't seem to be 'generally available' anywhere that I can see, a lot of Chinese websites will take orders for them before they actually can get them, and then string it out for 'a few more days'......a few more days.......our shipment will arrive next week........our shipment was held up...they did not pass 'our' quality tests and we have sent them back to the factory and are awaiting a new batch etc. etc.

I doubt if the MX59 will ship anytime soon either.....I think it will be a few days also.

"New batch will come to us soon,we will arrange shipment after quality check,please kindly wait 3-5 working days for the tracking code"

From Pandawill staff member on Pandawill forum regarding MX59!! :(

Sent them 2 more emails this morning and nothing from them:(.not looking good for my phone:(:(

honda boi wrote: »
    Sent them 2 more emails this morning and nothing from them:(.not looking good for my phone:(:(

Post on their forum, and ask them there.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Post on their forum, and ask them there.
    Oh ri didnt even no they had a forum!.
    Nice one will look for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Email received this evening that my Xioami Note has been shipped :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Email received this evening that my Xioami Note has been shipped :)

Pandawill, yes?

Yep, Pandawill. I've been hounding them twice daily and keeping track of who I've been talking to on the online chat.

I've received a tracking number so will update progress

Yep, Pandawill. I've been hounding them twice daily and keeping track of who I've been talking to on the online chat.

I've received a tracking number so will update progress

Tracking number might not work for a few days, and while I don't want to put a damper on it, it may be that they gave you a tracking number but that might be all they did, in that they have not actually sent a package at all.

Hopefully they did though and the tracking will be working in a few days.

They have told me that my MX59 will be available in 'two working days'. It was 3-8 days, so we shall see how it pans out. I probably should just cancel and look for a refund, but am going to wait it out (at least for a 'few days more').

This is the email I received

"Good day!
    We have posted your order by (Order ID:XXXXXXXXXXX) reg. airmail Singapore on 2014-06-06 22:35:17. the tracking number is RFXXXXXXXXXXX. It will takes 15-25 working days +/-. You could track it on http://www.singpost.com.sg/ra/ra_article_status.asp. sorry, as singapore post always update the shipping after 4 days dispatched,so plz wait for more days and check it by then. You are welcome to write your shopping experience on http://www.pandawillforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24,
    or leave a review on our site.

Thanks again for shopping with us."

This is the email I received

Hopefully they have sent it and your phone is on it's way to you, once the tracking starts showing something (in few days), you will know for sure though.

Best of luck with it.

Hopefully... three different people on the online chat confirmed..

Phase two of the waiting game has begun

So got an email back:
    "there is some holiday for drogan boat days ,so it is delayed some days
    we are dealing with it thanks"
    Wonder if i could get a voucher or something for them taking longer then 12 days:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Some really useful information posted here, thanks guys and thanks eamonn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am considering a Chinese phone. What's the best value phone & supplier for a 5-6 inch phone. Thanks

Discodog wrote: »
    I am considering a Chinese phone. What's the best value phone & supplier for a 5-6 inch phone. Thanks
    Lenovo K910 from pandawill

Really good phone, 4g , snapdragon 800 cpu, full hd screen and its price has been cut from over €450 to €236. An absolute bargain

sku49372_4_1.jpg
    http://www.pandawill.com/lenovo-k910-vibe-z-smartphone-snapdragon-800-quad-core-22ghz-55-inch-fhd-screen-2gb-16gb-android-42-p84300.html

• Advertisement

That is an amazing piece of kit for little money

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

honda boi wrote: »
    That is an amazing piece of kit for little money

I don't think it's all that great for the price. No SD card so you only have 16gb. And what does the op mean when you say "4g".... As in LTE?? It doesn't have that!

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I don't think it's all that great for the price. No SD card so you only have 16gb. And what does the op mean when you say "4g".... As in LTE?? It doesn't have that!

It has 4g lte, look >> http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z_k910-5843.php#
    Sure no sd card slot but its still a great phone with a snapdragon 800 cpu and for that price plus lenovo make really good phones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Not everyone needs an SD card, although to be fair, it isn't LTE. Still looks like a flipping bargain to me.

Pandawill or etotalk don't even have LTE in the specs. They're missing a trick there. Gsmarena know what's right. The snapdragon is the best alright. It is very good in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

FYI guys, the Lenovo K910 comes in two different versions:

Dual-sim 3G only
    Single-sim 4G/LTE

Most of the Chinese sites are selling the dual-sim version.

Very good price for the specs.

brimal wrote: »
    FYI guys, the Lenovo K910 comes in two different versions:

Dual-sim 3G only
    Single-sim 4G/LTE

Most of the Chinese sites are selling the dual-sim version.

Very good price for the specs.

I think your right about the 4G/LTE
    But a great phone phone for the price and some nice covers for this phone out-there too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Xioami Note appears to be very good. I am looking forward to reading the thoughts of those that have them on order.

Discodog wrote: »
    The Xioami Note appears to be very good. I am looking forward to reading the thoughts of those that have them on order.

Ya I put this up during the week and many people liked. Think a few ordered it. It's very good for the price. Great brand as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Got my S5 clone today and I have to say I'm shocked how decent it is for the money. Definitely doesn't come close to my Meizu but that was over three times the price. It doesn't feel premium in the hand like the Meizu nor is the screen a patch but it pi$$es over any phone, branded and unbranded I've seen in that price range. It's very responsive and air gestures work great. The rom is excellent even though I've fallen in love with Flyme over the last few weeks. From what I can gather it's not a real Kit Kat but looks damn impressive. Has a very strong wifi. Haven't checked call quality yet as I've just got it but signal strength seems very good. Battery life seems shocking so far but I just used the battery as is out of the box so will wait till I give it a proper charge before I pass judgment. Camera seem good but have to test it outside and will have to wait till tomorrow to test the dreaded MTK chip for GPS quality.

Bought this as a cheep work phone and more out of curiosity as the YouTube clips seems to good to be true. But so far I'm happy, time will tell though with these clones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement