Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Pandawill, yes?

Status with Singapore Post has changed to "Received from Customer"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The Cuban wrote: »
    Lenovo K910 from pandawill

Really good phone, 4g , snapdragon 800 cpu, full hd screen and its price has been cut from over €450 to €236. An absolute bargain

sku49372_4_1.jpg
    http://www.pandawill.com/lenovo-k910-vibe-z-smartphone-snapdragon-800-quad-core-22ghz-55-inch-fhd-screen-2gb-16gb-android-42-p84300.html

I am a big fan of this phone - great to see it drop in price.

The only negative as said before is the lack of expandable memory. Not sure why Lenovo didn’t add this option to their flagship phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is it essential to root a Chinese phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Discodog wrote: »
    Is it essential to root a Chinese phone?

Not really. But its good to clean out all the Chinese apps. They will do it for you when ordering!

Not really. But its good to clean out all the Chinese apps. They will do it for you when ordering!

Does Pandawill do this?

I like that Lenovo but I prefer an sd card & a removable battery.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Discodog wrote: »
    Does Pandawill do this?

I like that Lenovo but I prefer an sd card & a removable battery.

I'd say most sellers will do it!

Has anyone bought a Chinese phablet? I quite fancy a 6 or 6.5 inch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

I'm getting one of these.

You see, the Vertu Signature Touch starts at $10,300.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm getting one of these.

Nice specs but a horrible looking yoke to be fair, sapphire crystal, great if your an Arab oil prince!

I can see all the premiership footballers with these next season, ha ha....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.wired.com/2014/06/vertu-signature-touch/

I left out the link.
    The Signature Touch’s Concierge service is what sets it apart from other phones. It’s free for the first year, then jumps to around $3,000 a year. Concierge makes the phone more like an American Express Black Card or a diplomatic passport. It works like this: You request (legal and somewhat reasonable) things via the Concierge app, and then a real, live person makes them happen. You basically have a personal assistant on call at all times. A little button on the side of the phone fires up the Concierge app directly. The assistant who helped me was Celine. She was great.
    To get the most out of Concierge, deep pockets come in handy. When you initiate the service, you can set up a profile that includes your credit card number so that you can be billed directly for plane trips, hotel stays, and event tickets booked via Concierge. Another Vertu app called Life offers a curated feed of events and attractions around the globe: Formula 1 races, theater, concerts, and private events with world-class chefs. If you’re interested, you tap an inline “Concierge” button for each event and your magical helper handles the request. There are Concierge teams around the world, working 24/7, to handle the requests.
    Euromillions Tuesday Night Job this^^.:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 kriters8

Chinese phones,cheap and good quality.I am interested in a DG800,and order one these days.

Pandawill, yes?

Hi Sam,

Any update on your end?

My status just went to "Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Any update on your end?

My status just went to "Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)"

Nothing on my end :(

Nothing on my end :(

Have you asked them via Chat?

Have you asked them via Chat?

The chat is never online.

The chat is never online.

Just checked now.... they are online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

would be brilliant with 2gb or more of ram though. guess i am being greedy ;)

daytob wrote: »
    would be brilliant with 2gb or more of ram though. guess i am being greedy ;)

The thl t5000 is out soon. But this only has a 5000 mah battery:D

Just checked now.... they are online

Thanks, all they could say was it would ship soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Hey Guys,

if anyone is looking to sell their phone, my sister is in dire need of a smart phone. She went off and bought one in vodafone for under 100 because it was a samsung and it's the biggest ball of shiet ever. She would have 100 euro max to buy another one. I'm asking here as she won't do the whole waiting possibly a month for postage or have to deal with customs etc.

Battery life and speed are essential.Jiayu G4 advance with the big battery would be ideal. Camera, not so much. Hope to hear from someone! She lives in Dublin, I live in Waterford. Could collect.

Using a nubia z5s mini myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

90sBla wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

if anyone is looking to sell their phone, my sister is in dire need of a smart phone. She went off and bought one in vodafone for under 100 because it was a samsung and it's the biggest ball of shiet ever. She would have 100 euro max to buy another one. I'm asking here as she won't do the whole waiting possibly a month for postage or have to deal with customs etc.

Battery life and speed are essential.Jiayu G4 advance with the big battery would be ideal. Camera, not so much. Hope to hear from someone! She lives in Dublin, I live in Waterford. Could collect.

Not what you are asking but in case it's of any use there is a thread over in bargain alerts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227193 linking to Expansys B-stock phone clearance, you may find something there. Also have a look at the thread on the Moto G from Tesco UK I think that one is around your price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

90sBla wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Have you checked adverts?

Have you checked adverts?

Beware of the shop sellers on Adverts though, as many of them drop-ship from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Beware of the shop sellers on Adverts though, as many of them drop-ship from China.

Ive bought from non shop sellers on adverts, I'm only new to boards but reading through this thread seems like posters sell on adverts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what i don't get is why these people keep buying new chinese phones and selling off their old ones.

are they just making money on them or what sort of messing are they at?

Surely 1/2 phones are enough for any man/woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

RossieMan wrote: »
    what i don't get is why these people keep buying new chinese phones and selling off their old ones.

are they just making money on them or what sort of messing are they at?

Surely 1/2 phones are enough for any man/woman.
    I have had 5 phones in the past 2 years. htc one x, zopo 980, samsung galaxy 4 clone, moto g and a red rice. Htc one was from emobile. moto g got sent back, the galaxy clone was ok but i was only holding out for a better phone, the zopo was bought for my wife who didnt want it and I took it and the red rice went to my son.
    so why do people buy phones and sell them on? maybe they dont want the hassle of dealing with online stores, or dealing with customs, maybe they want to buy the next phone out there and then when they do get it it was not what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

daytob wrote: »
    I have had 5 phones in the past 2 years. htc one x, zopo 980, samsung galaxy 4 clone, moto g and a red rice. Htc one was from emobile. moto g got sent back, the galaxy clone was ok but i was only holding out for a better phone, the zopo was bought for my wife who didnt want it and I took it and the red rice went to my son.
    so why do people buy phones and sell them on? maybe they dont want the hassle of dealing with online stores, or dealing with customs, maybe they want to buy the next phone out there and then when they do get it it was not what they wanted.

I'm the same as you I've had countless phones over the years, I'm a man who likes better technology so usually get a new phone ever 4-6 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's fair enough i suppose.

I hadn't thought of it that way. It seems to be the same people selling phones over and over going by this thread.
    Getting a bit sick of seeing it in this thread.

There are some serious bargains out there now. Currently waiting for the Qualcomm 805 to show up, MTK is grand, but would prefer Qualcomm.

Hoping to get 4.4 too.

The chinese phones are great for flashing, cant really do anything wrong and theres good support around if you do manage to do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spotted this on Bargain Alerts: http://www.pandawill.com/pulid-s1-smartphone-mtk6577-gps-android-41-57-inch-hd-screen-3g-white-p89247.html

At €55 you can't go too far wrong even if I never heard of the brand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement