Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Just ordered the g3 a week ago. ill throw up an update/ review once i get the thing in my hands...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

bidiots wrote: »
    I've mine synced with my work mail with a 'Corporate' account, maybe try this rather than Exchange, if you know the settings of course....
    I'm obviously missing something here. Aren't corporate accounts always MS Exchange software based? I don't think I'm allowed to autoforward either to another mail account either for security reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'm obviously missing something here. Aren't corporate accounts always MS Exchange software based? I don't think I'm allowed to autoforward either to another mail account either for security reasons.
    We don't use MS Exchange where I am so I presume Corporate just allows a multiple of systems connect. Once you have mail server name and your authentication details then it should be fine. If you can see Calendar and send mail, what problem are you having? Maybe check with the Admins aswell in case some other settings are needed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

bidiots wrote: »
    We don't use MS Exchange where I am so I presume Corporate just allows a multiple of systems connect. Once you have mail server name and your authentication details then it should be fine. If you can see Calendar and send mail, what problem are you having? Maybe check with the Admins aswell in case some other settings are needed?
    I'm definitely connecting to the server, which is Exchange 2010 now I look it up. I can see calendar and send mail, but I can't see any incoming mail or indeed outgoing as the mail folders aren't synced between the phone and Exchange server.
    I haven't heard of anybody else having this problem, and since there's thousands of users on the server it makes me think it's the G2 ROM rather than stock Android 4.1.2 that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Has anyone who ordered from here gotten stung with customs? ordered a phone today and I hope I avoid them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How is the build quality for the g3? Especially the Usb port. Having loads of problems with the usb port on my lumia 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tempted to get the G3 now due to the low price,I want a really good screen so the G2 wouldnt be my cup of tea,anyone wanna give me a quick review of the G3? hows the battery life? will I have to download the play store etc

Edit anyone willing to sell a G3 let me know :)
    See page 16 for my review of the G3, best phone Ive ever had, 24-36 hours battery its only weakness, can be a bit finnicky with wi-fi at times Ive found aswell since but the data connection is rock solid. The screen is absolutely excellent.
    Has anyone who ordered from here gotten stung with customs? ordered a phone today and I hope I avoid them.:D
    I ordered from Merimobiles and didn't get hit for customs, waited weeks for delivery on the free postage option though.
    How is the build quality for the g3? Especially the Usb port. Having loads of problems with the usb port on my lumia 800.
    USB port is perfect, USB charging from a pc is very slow though especially if you're using it at the same time, need a wall charger to get a fast charge, also it randomly decided not to work with one of my USB cables even though that cable works fine with other stuff.

Thargor wrote: »
    See page 16 for my review of the G3, best phone Ive ever had, 24-36 hours battery its only weakness, can be a bit finnicky with wi-fi at times Ive found aswell since but the data connection is rock solid. The screen is absolutely excellent.
    I ordered from Merimobiles and didn't get hit for customs, waited weeks for delivery on the free postage option though.
    USB port is perfect, USB charging from a pc is very slow though especially if you're using it at the same time, need a wall charger to get a fast charge, also it randomly decided not to work with one of my USB cables even though that cable works fine with other stuff.

Sound didn't go for the G3 though and chose DHL.....im not saying what phone I got until it arrives and I get time to mess with it just in case someone says oh that's a **** phone :p

Tell us the brand, Im never buying Samsung or anyone ever again, its too easy to get a better phone for half the price, I think at this stage though if someone had a working phone to hold off for a month or 2 to see what kind of quad core stuff arrives over the Summer, lots of exciting stuff on Gizchina every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Hi all,

Tallaghmick, I had to pay €19.99 customs duties. Merimobiles seem grand, they sent the wrong case and no memory card with the phone but when I contacted them via online chat, they apologized and said they would a sent a replacement abet by snail mail (time will tell). phone came by DHL. They sent a text ahead of delivery to inform me that I owed €19.99 and payment options.

So far the Jiayu G2S is an excellent phone.

While I'm here, a query, when some calls me their phone number shows but not the name even-though they are in the contacts list. I've think I've checked everything like copied sim to phone etc, not sure though, any body any suggestions or where to go to find out.

Thanks

Good One

good one wrote: »
    Hi all,

Tallaghmick, I had to pay €19.99 customs duties. Merimobiles seem grand, they sent the wrong case and no memory card with the phone but when I contacted them via online chat, they apologized and said they would a sent a replacement abet by snail mail (time will tell). phone came by DHL. They sent a text ahead of delivery to inform me that I owed €19.99 and payment options.

So far the Jiayu G2S is an excellent phone.

While I'm here, a query, when some calls me their phone number shows but not the name even-though they are in the contacts list. I've think I've checked everything like copied sim to phone etc, not sure though, any body any suggestions or where to go to find out.

Thanks

Good One

I ordered the phone with root,will play store be on it or will I have to add it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

My phone was rooted by the provider for me and Play store was already installed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Mine too.

seannash wrote: »
    Mine too.

:D:D:D:D

Thats what I wanna hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Really like the look of this phone.... Would the g3 be a better phone then my htc one v? And what's the best site to buy this phone from? I found an official site here http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/jiayu-mobile-phone/jiayu-jy-g3.html
    Or is there a better site.....it says it an 8mp camera? Really though?:confused:

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Really like the look of this phone.... Would the g3 be a better phone then my htc one v? And what's the best site to buy this phone from? I found an official site here http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/jiayu-mobile-phone/jiayu-jy-g3.html
    Or is there a better site.....it says it an 8mp camera? Really though?:confused:
    I dont think thats an official site to be honest but it still may be okay.
    I used Merimobile and had no problems.

The Jiayu has twice the amount of Ram as the HTC so it should be faster.
    on the face of it the camera is better however just because the number is higher doesn't mean that the camera is better.
    My friend doesnt like the camera on his G3.I reckon my old Iphone 4 had a better camera(5 mega pixel) than my G2s(8mp)
    Saying that though the G2s camera is good.

If you looking on purely specs the G2S beats the G3 as it had a 1.2 ghz processor and the same amount of RAM.

its a smaller screen than the G3 but a bigger screen the the One V

the G3 has a better display but when you take into consideration the G2S has a 4 inch screen and not a 4.5 screen like the G3 I personally dont think its a huge compromise as the screen is still great.

I dont think thats an official site to be honest but it still may be okay.
    I used Merimobile and had no problems.

The Jiayu has twice the amount of Ram as the HTC so it should be faster.
    on the face of it the camera is better however just because the number is higher doesn't mean that the camera is better.
    My friend doesnt like the camera on his G3.I reckon my old Iphone 4 had a better camera(5 mega pixel) than my G2s(8mp)
    Saying that though the G2s camera is good.

If you looking on purely specs the G2S beats the G3 as it had a 1.2 ghz processor and the same amount of RAM.

its a smaller screen than the G3 but a bigger screen the the One V

the G3 has a better display but when you take into consideration the G2S has a 4 inch screen and not a 4.5 screen like the G3 I personally dont think its a huge compromise as the screen is still great.
    Do you have either the g3 or g2s , or are you getting one yourself??

Do you have either the g3 or g2s , or are you getting one yourself??
    G2S,My friend has the G3

G2S,My friend has the G3

And which do you think is better the g2s or g3.....
    Is that site good?

• Advertisement

And which do you think is better the g2s or g3.....
    Is that site good?
    I prefer the g2s as its got a better build quality and I find the 4 inch screen alot easier to manage compared to the G3

I have no Idea about that site,Ive never used it.

I did a small review a few pages back of the G2s

I prefer the g2s as its got a better build quality and I find the 4 inch screen alot easier to manage compared to the G3

I have no Idea about that site,Ive never used it.

I did a small review a few pages back of the G2s

Ya I will use the merimobile site now that I've seen it plus there PayPal ...
    Might wait another few weeks and see how things fan out with the phone brand , both look great value for money...! Seems worth it coming from china I hope...
    Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Jiayu phones are great value for money and its a very big plus that they are being themselves and not cloning. however I feel that they are growing a bit too fast on the hardware side of things in comparison to their operating systems. The g3 is still in beta version, and although there didn't seem to be much wrong with it, it still hasn't moved on and everyone else's phones will have the next version of android pretty soon.

Btw the best Rom I have come across so far is from ervius on Needrom here. he is very good and answers questions on that site quite a bit, he also posts on an Italian forum here, which is running at close to 400 pages posted for the g3 .

Is there any major advantage to that rom compared to the official beta T-Bird?

Is there any major advantage to that rom compared to the official beta T-Bird?

Hmmm, good question Thargor. Ive changed to so many roms now, I cant remember what the beta one was like lol. He hasn't really touched the rom itself but has added a good few nice add ons and tweaks to it.

There are nice features like a test mode and factory mode etc. It is also the only rom where you can connect a laptop to it and connect to internet. He has also "individualised the settings on both tweaks, giving them their own ring tones etc. There are a few other tweaks here and there.

He has one for the newer processor for the G3N.

Make sure you make a back up 1st if you do try it (I think I read in one of your posts that you do, but its just in case anyone else tries it) as it makes a full wipe before installation.

I tether mine to my laptop all the time on the official beta, its the only way I have internet at weekends, works perfectly, dont think Ill bother, Ill wait and see if they release the final JB official rom.

I tether mine to my laptop all the time on the official beta, its the only way I have internet at weekends, works perfectly, dont think Ill bother, Ill wait and see if they release the final JB official rom.

I don't do didn't know that... I just have to play around with new toys all the time, other than that I have no reason to change roms to be honest.

Just slightly off topic , on the jiayu g4 I found the jiayu site which explained if you Pre order now you pay a deposit of $90 and you get a code off a $100 voucher to be used against the phone purchase , so does this mean

Price , $250
    Pay Deposit ,$90
    - $100 voucher given
    Total paid because you Pre order , $150!

Only for first 500 though I think??

Here's the link if someone can clarify how this works if I have it wrong , thanks
    http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/coupon500

I wouldn't trust any offer like that from any of the vendors mentioned here tbh.

• Advertisement

Just slightly off topic , on the jiayu g4 I found the jiayu site which explained if you Pre order now you pay a deposit of $90 and you get a code off a $100 voucher to be used against the phone purchase , so does this mean

Price , $250
    Pay Deposit ,$90
    - $100 voucher given
    Total paid because you Pre order , $150!

Only for first 500 though I think??

Here's the link if someone can clarify how this works if I have it wrong , thanks
    http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/coupon500

thats not the official jiayu site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement