Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

No etotalk rom for the xiaomi and you can get the same exact phone in pandawill for 229$ with delivery included!

What is the story here - is it a case if a phone is running MIUI that Etotalk won't put on there own rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

The Cuban wrote: »
    Lenovo K910 from pandawill

Really good phone, 4g , snapdragon 800 cpu, full hd screen and its price has been cut from over €450 to €236. An absolute bargain

sku49372_4_1.jpg
    http://www.pandawill.com/lenovo-k910-vibe-z-smartphone-snapdragon-800-quad-core-22ghz-55-inch-fhd-screen-2gb-16gb-android-42-p84300.html

Great thread lads. I'm after a replacementh for my Nexus 4 and the while Lenovo above looks great value for money, it's a bit big for my Jeremy Beedlesque hands.

Can anyone recommend something around the 5 inch screen size? I was thinking of going for an LG G2 but seeing the price difference in the Chinese brands has got me thinking. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

zerks wrote: »
    Spotted this on Bargain Alerts: http://www.pandawill.com/pulid-s1-smartphone-mtk6577-gps-android-41-57-inch-hd-screen-3g-white-p89247.html

At €55 you can't go too far wrong even if I never heard of the brand.
    I like how Antutu rates it as "Not too bad" :D

Probably muck though, you dont sell good screens that size for 50 quid and if you do you dont get a decent battery with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

Was looking for a low cost phone as will be used while cycling for use with bt sensors, would anyone have a link to a low cost one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Package finally in Belgium.should have it by the end of week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

With a dual-SIM phone like the THL T-100S, how do you dictate which SIM is used for data? Sorry, I only have one SIM at the moment so can't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

So a few days of using the S5 clone and the battery is absolute rubbish. Put it on at eight this morning and died by five with only moderate use. Got two batteries with it so that would get you through the day. Looking at the genuine ones on Amazon and they are only about 18 euro so might get one for it. Tried the GPS this evening and it's non existant. I've tried two fixes I found online so will give it another go tomorrow. Other then those two issues it's still a rally good phone for the price. Had anyone on here had success with fixing gps on Mediateck chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Ordered from mixeshop with the no customs. Bpost tracking service has been stuck on: "Item is announced / bpost received the information".

Anyone know how long its usually stuck on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

aaronm13 wrote: »
    So a few days of using the S5 clone and the battery is absolute rubbish. Put it on at eight this morning and died by five with only moderate use. Got two batteries with it so that would get you through the day. Looking at the genuine ones on Amazon and they are only about 18 euro so might get one for it. Tried the GPS this evening and it's non existant. I've tried two fixes I found online so will give it another go tomorrow. Other then those two issues it's still a rally good phone for the price. Had anyone on here had success with fixing gps on Mediateck chips?
    I dont think you can fix it tbh, I'm never buying one again anyway.

Still cant find a definitive answer if the octacore chips still have GPS problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

phunks wrote: »
    Ordered from mixeshop with the no customs. Bpost tracking service has been stuck on: "Item is announced / bpost received the information".

Anyone know how long its usually stuck on this.
    Took mine 11 days to change due to a holiday over there..but hopefully be earlier for you few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont think you can fix it tbh, I'm never buying one again anyway.

Still cant find a definitive answer if the octacore chips still have GPS problems.

takes a minute or 2 for my zopo 980+ to get the gps signal but once it locks in its grand. pretty sure the jiayu that tallaghtmick has is the same.

THL T100S is useless. Great handset, but Google Maps is unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fastergps

This did the job for me on my Neo N003.

Locks on in about 10-15 seconds most of the time.

Might be worth a look for some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

daveohdave wrote: »
    THL T100S is useless. Great handset, but Google Maps is unusable.
    I have a Jiayu 3GS. I use FasterGPS to change the satellite servers and MobileUncle tools to get a lock. It only takes a few seconds to lock on to satellites now.

One thing those people having problems with GPS should look out for is the fact that their windscreen could be causing the problems with GPS. There is a heated windscreen in my car and it's virtually impossible to use a sat-nav under it. Takes forever to lock on and GPS position keeps jumping around the place. The phone doesn't have a problem outside the car.

No, I actually mean literally useless and unusable. It's not the car, I've used several Snapdragon devices in it, it's the phone. I'll give that app a bash though, haven't done any debugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Páid wrote: »
    I have a Jiayu 3GS. I use FasterGPS to change the satellite servers and MobileUncle tools to get a lock. It only takes a few seconds to lock on to satellites now.

One thing those people having problems with GPS should look out for is the fact that their windscreen could be causing the problems with GPS. There is a heated windscreen in my car and it's virtually impossible to use a sat-nav under it. Takes forever to lock on and GPS position keeps jumping around the place. The phone doesn't have a problem outside the car.

Its not my windscreen as my Meizu locks on in seconds and any other phone or sat nav I've had is the same its the Mediatek chip that's the problem. I'll give that faster GPS app and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you lads done anything with the EPO files? i've that done too. I just thought everyone had that done at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Well...I'm back. I love my Jiayu G4 Advanced, but I'm considering passing it on to a family member who needs a new phone.

I'd seriously consider the new octo core version of the G4 (especially the G5 version for the slightly smaller screen) but I thought I'd check with you fine people what's good in the 4.5-5 inch range at around the 200 euro mark?

My only gripe with the G4 is the crappy flash. My phone before it was a HTC One X and the flash on that was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Language.... Norwegian?!

Lol,I never noticed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Khannie wrote: »
    Well...I'm back. I love my Jiayu G4 Advanced, but I'm considering passing it on to a family member who needs a new phone.

I'd seriously consider the new octo core version of the G4 (especially the G5 version for the slightly smaller screen) but I thought I'd check with you fine people what's good in the 4.5-5 inch range at around the 200 euro mark?

My only gripe with the G4 is the crappy flash. My phone before it was a HTC One X and the flash on that was really good.

I have the G4S and love it, the flash is perfect on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody with advice on a chinese phone that looks like an iphone but is running android
    Have a htm m1 at the moment smashed my s4 over a month ago so for €50 i am not complaining just find that my s3+ s4 a bit big.

Always liked the look of an iphone but preffered android always

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anybody with advice on a chinese phone that looks like an iphone but is running android
    Have a htm m1 at the moment smashed my s4 over a month ago so for €50 i am not complaining just find that my s3+ s4 a bit big.

Always liked the look of an iphone but preffered android always

I think the Jiayu G5 looks like the new iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Barr wrote: »
    The seller has no feedback at all, you'd be mad to buy off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I was keen on the Lenovo until I read the very mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Looks a great phone, but I agree about the feedback I wouldn't touch it, is it priced anywhere else online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy, any update on your Redmi Note?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Sam Mac wrote: »
    LFC Murphy, any update on your Redmi Note?

No... Still saying "Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)". It changed to Dispatched on the 9th at 17:08. Track17 says its in transit.

Have you received any update?

So I suppose I just wait until it arrives in Ireland.

Anyone know how long can take?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement