Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Barr wrote: »
    Must say this is one of my favourite phones. I have been watching it the last couple of months and it has dropped about €100 since then.

Read somewhere that it will have kitkat soon as well.

The 4g version, the 910L, already has it but no one seems to be selling it cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Still having trouble with the Facebook app crashing on my G5S, could anybody help me to get a working one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have you deleted the app data, uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and reinstalled?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Still having trouble with the Facebook app crashing on my G5S, could anybody help me to get a working one?
    I downloaded the fb app off the amazon app store and it seems to have solved it crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Have you updated? If so delete it google the older version and manually install it and dont update it on playstore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

phunks wrote: »
    @khannie

My G4S arrived today as a replacement for my lost G4A. Can you confirm the two phones have the same dimensions? Something just seems a little different about it. Both were the fat models.

Pretty sure they're identical. I'll verify for you this evening by switching covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

The play store was saying since the update that its crashing a quick google of an older apk and you can install that one, just make sure you dont auto update it.
    if you get stuck let me know

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi3 got another price cut the other day.

Where did it get a price drop? have been keeping an eye on the 64gb model which has been averaging at $390US (it's actually gone up in price on xiaomi's official site in the last couple of days)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Where did it get a price drop? have been keeping an eye on the 64gb model which has been averaging at $390US (it's actually gone up in price on xiaomi's official site in the last couple of days)

Seen it on reddit
    http://www.gizchina.com/2014/06/16/xiaomi-drops-price-16gb-xiaomi-mi3/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Can anybody directly link me to one that they use because googling brings up very suspect websites with no reputation or rating.

I've tried clearing the data, rebooting, installing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone know the easiest way or have a link on how to flash a new ROM on the jiayu g4s?

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone know the easiest way or have a link on how to flash a new ROM on the jiayu g4s?

Youtube is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Word of warning!!
    Anyone have the Star N9500 phone here?
    Its been banned from eBay and soon to be from Amazon as it being shipping with built-in spyware (that can't be removed) that it sending back personal data, calls, emails and text messages or control the camera and microphone remotely.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27908105

ongarite wrote: »
    Word of warning!!
    Its been banned from eBay and soon to be from Amazon as it being shipping with built-in spyware (that can't be removed) that it sending back personal data, calls, emails and text messages or control the camera and microphone remotely.

Something similar posted yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Word of warning!!

Is there a chance that issue applies to all Star android phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Word of warning!!

The 'can't be removed' bit is a bit strong I would think, though it might mean you could pick up a few of these for next to nothing now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

A new Rom would sort that out I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Double post

wiz569 wrote: »
    A new Rom would sort that out I'm sure :)

Yep, could be a few bargains to be had if there is a glut of unwanted Chinese phones!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

So an update on the newman that I returned, pandawill will not refund the money I paid but was told it will be fixed and sent back to me. The saga continues, will update when I get it back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

So an update on the newman that I returned, pandawill will not refund the money I paid but was told it will be fixed and sent back to me. The saga continues, will update when I get it back!

Do the 3 Rs (repair, refund, replace) not come into action?

I would contact PayPal or cc company. PayPal can be annoying though could be a long process of your disputing online. Not sure but I think new international rights were agreed in regards to online shopping recently?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Do the 3 Rs (repair, refund, replace) not come into action?

I would contact PayPal or cc company. PayPal can be annoying though could be a long process of your disputing online. Not sure but I think new international rights were agreed in regards to online shopping recently?

No, pandawill are based in china and this is exactly the type of pitfall involved in doing business with such outfits, it's a calculated risk and for some it's a risk worth taking, for others not worth the hassle should anything go wrong.

Paypal shouldn't help as Pandawill are playing ball by Paypal's standards, but you never know with paypal - they're a queer bunch.

No, pandawill are based in china and this is exactly the type of pitfall involved in doing business with such outfits, it's a calculated risk and for some it's a risk worth taking, for others not worth the hassle should anything go wrong.

Paypal shouldn't help as Pandawill are playing ball by Paypal's standards, but you never know with paypal - they're a queer bunch.

I understand its each to their own out there. However, I have had refunds on product from China in past (less admin costs).

Personally I would try "anything" not to get that phone back... :-$ It's an absolute nightmare...

Not got time to read but this is what I was implying in previous post. I'm sure something is in there somewhere
    http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2014/04/08/china-introduces-new-consumer-protection-law.html

T-Bird wrote: »
    I understand its each to their own out there. However, I have had refunds on product from China in past (less admin costs).

Personally I would try "anything" not to get that phone back... :-$ It's an absolute nightmare...

I am happy enough with the Newman N2, since flashing with the ROM you recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I just bought a phone from mixeshop, paid via paypal, got an order number, the order number can't be found on their website, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I just bought a phone from mixeshop, paid via paypal, got an order number, the order number can't be found on their website, is this normal?

Well it depends, how long ago did you get the tracking number (it takes 1 to 2 days to show up in the singapore post tracking system).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Well it depends, how long ago did you get the tracking number (it takes 1 to 2 days to show up in the singapore post tracking system).

ah right, no worries cheers

Did you choose the EUEXP shipping ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭shanek248

Hey Guys I've been looking at the Jiayu Mobiles for a while. Seem to be a pretty popular option but that could just be the way Im skimming the threads.

GPS, Email, Texting Phoning and Facebook are my big things when it comes to mobile phones but I have heard that GPS can be an issue. Is this the case?

Im looking for something cheap. Somewhere around the 150-160 euro mark is about my limit. Cheaper = Better.

Any recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement