Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Discodog wrote: »
    I still think that this is a real bargain & I will probably go for it.

http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-k910_p4401.html#review

Compared to the HTC it looks like a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would recommend the full 6 inches.

That's what she said! :pac:

michaelscott1.jpg

EDIT: Damn you Murphy!!! :p

I just received the Note 3 clone, HDC Note 3 from DH gate (DHL delivered) yesterday. A perfect 1:1 imo. Battery life could be better but the original does fit it apparently. I may sell it on in a week or two if you're interested. I don't think this size of phone is quite my thing.

how much bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sneachtaman

Hi.

I got a note 3 clone off dhgate a few weeks ago. It is an incredible copy. One issue though. The speaker/ringer isnt working, so I cannot hear when somebody calls or I cant listen to music without earphones. Everything else is perfect. Indistinguishable.

The seller said they would refund me, but I would have to pay the postage, and I dont want the hassle of customers again (having got caught for the duty)

I would say it could be repaired. Anybody know anywhere that could look at it in Dublin? (Considering it is a fake)

Please advise

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has it ever made any sound? There wont be any hassle from customs if its leaving the country, ask in any of the phone shops if they'll look but take the refund if they offered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Phone: Iocean x7HD

I was just reading on line about the trojan malware uupay.A and decided to download the app Eset Mobile Security to scan the software and right enough there was the little bast**d hidden in an app called "hi market". Now the security app removed the app (hi market) completely for me and when I scan again it's saying no threat found. Does this mean I'm okay now, I really don't want to do a factory restore if I can help it. I absolutely love the phone other than that and can't fault it even the GPS works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

seems to be a lot of faults with those clones, you're not the 1st poster to need to return one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Anyone in here have a cubot s208 ? I have saw a few of them for sale and it has caught my eye . They look like a decent phone .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Sam Mac wrote: »
    how much bud?

How much new or how much to sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Hi.

I got a note 3 clone off dhgate a few weeks ago. It is an incredible copy. One issue though. The speaker/ringer isnt working, so I cannot hear when somebody calls or I cant listen to music without earphones. Everything else is perfect. Indistinguishable.

The seller said they would refund me, but I would have to pay the postage, and I dont want the hassle of customers again (having got caught for the duty)

I would say it could be repaired. Anybody know anywhere that could look at it in Dublin? (Considering it is a fake)

Please advise

Thanks
    180usd

Interesting. Mine is playing audio fine (Google Play Music) and everything seems to be fine at the minute. But I suppose these things can be hit and miss.

• Advertisement

How much new or how much to sell?

Both :)

how much did you pay, and how much would you be willing to sell for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Ok just got the Jaiyu g4s, it's great so far, should i update anything? There's a bit of chinese writing on some screens on this phone which is annoying?

Ok just got the Jaiyu g4s, it's great so far, should i update anything? There's a bit of chinese writing on some screens on this phone which is annoying?

You can delete them or download a good launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

You can delete them or download a good launcher.

I don't really understand, launcher?

LFC Murphy, what colour Redmi Note did you order? Pandawill only had the white.

I don't really understand, launcher?

Changes the look of your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

eamonnq wrote: »
    It probably is. Big container of stuff from all over China on it's way to the UK/Ireland.

According to the Singapore Post website a 'surface parcel' can take 56 -105 days to arrive to Ireland !!

Rang Singpost this morning and they informed me that my package was sent Airmail.... Thats a long flight!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Sam Mac wrote: »
    LFC Murphy, what colour Redmi Note did you order? Pandawill only had the white.

Went with white.... plenty of alternatives online plus cases...... if I ever get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Rang Singpost this morning and they informed me that my package was sent Airmail.... Thats a long flight!!! :eek:

Did they say where it was sent to ?:D

Am waiting on my phone (MX59 132usd from Pandawill) and it is in a similar situation, would not be expecting it to hit Ireland for another week or so.

I do wonder though how mail moves from China to Ireland though sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

This look nice ..comes with a fingerprint scanner :eek:

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p2000_p6119.html

• Advertisement

The kind of fingerprint scanner that the Mythbusters showed you can open by licking a gummy bear and pressing it on it no doubt...

Great looking phone though, will have to keep an eye on it, says it has NFC payment but then in the Q&A they say maybe not? Battery might be a bit weak aswell but those battery ratings on these vendor pages are usually meaningless until you get it in your hand and try it yourself. Tempted to go for this one at that price, not an MTK processor either...

Balls, looked at GPU and missed CPU.

Just rang and mines the same.. Jesus they're certainly taking their time.

noddy-plane-lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Download Nova launcher. Will speed up the responses of your phone.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ordered a phone the weekend,got an email from Pandawill saying it's shipped and on the way to Holland then here.Customs would hardly check a package from China via Holland:P:P

zerks wrote: »
    Ordered a phone the weekend,got an email from Pandawill saying it's shipped and on the way to Holland then here.Customs would hardly check a package from China via Holland:P:P

I think they will, final destination would be where it gets checked, hopefully not though!!

http://www.pandawill.com/star-s6-smartphone-android-42-mtk6589t-50-inch-hd-ogs-screen-otg-gesture-sensing-p89930.html

Pandawill again, for approx 80 euro, no gesture sensing!!

I have not even received my phone yet and am already wanting to buy another one of their bargains!! Time to stop looking!!

I kept looking:

http://www.pandawill.com/star-s4-smartphone-mtk6589-android-41-1gb-4gb-50-inch-hd-screen-3g-gps-p65753.html

Not sure if these are being sold off because of the virus found on STAR phones, but for 66 euro, how could you not??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That second one you posted is very interesting, is it any good i wonder?

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    That second one you posted is very interesting, is it any good i wonder?

Well you certainly can't go wrong with the price! :D

And the specs look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement