Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i translated a post on the italian formum of someone who used it..it wasnt favourable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i translated a post on the italian formum of someone who used it..it wasnt favourable

Can you post it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Looking into this it seems this phone does not support hsdpa or hsdpa+ you will just get a 3g and edge connection. So your limited on your download speeds. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The G3? Nah it has those, or whatever H is in Ireland, that's what I like most about it tbh, its on H 100% of the time, my Xperia used to be 3G anywhere outside a town or city.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Well had my G3 delivered today along ith a €25 customs clearance note...

Im coming from an ld ZTE blade that i had rooted and modded awhile ago so im looking forward to messing around with this and seeing what it can do...

Stock ROM battery is the pits sofar...

Misty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Hi All,

Anybody any idea how to throughput the internet connection from the Laptop to the G2S.
    No wireless connection at work only wired

It can be done as some else has a HTC wildfire connected

I've been Goggling for answers but no luck

thanks

Good One

My Phone shipped yesterday, no update on shipping number......I wait now

hd_computer_guy_meme_by_zapgod16-d4t2jh3_-_Copy.jpg

good one wrote: »
    Hi All,

Anybody any idea how to throughput the internet connection from the Laptop to the G2S.
    No wireless connection at work only wired

It can be done as some else has a HTC wildfire connected

I've been Goggling for answers but no luck

thanks

Good One
    Looks pretty complicated but doable:

http://www.howtogeek.com/117118/how-to-connect-your-android-to-your-pcs-internet-connection-over-usb/

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

hi.

i am looking to order a g3 to replace my stolen xperia s.

Does anyone know if the g3 quadcore has been released yet and if it has a good place to buy one.

This is probably a simple question but what does rooting do for a g3. One of the buying options is to have the phone rooted for 6.99 and wondered what it is.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

My Phone shipped yesterday, no update on shipping number......I wait now

hd_computer_guy_meme_by_zapgod16-d4t2jh3_-_Copy.jpg

It usually takes 3 or four days for a tracking number!

ra0044 wrote: »
    hi.

i am looking to order a g3 to replace my stolen xperia s.

Does anyone know if the g3 quadcore has been released yet and if it has a good place to buy one.

This is probably a simple question but what does rooting do for a g3. One of the buying options is to have the phone rooted for 6.99 and wondered what it is.

many thanks
    Rooting grants Super user access, install what you like, uninstall the bloatware that comes with phones such as unwanted calendar/email apps that you wouldnt be allowed to uninstall on a non rooted phone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

The main reason to root it is to install a different Android ROM, which you have to do on the G3 if you want to upgrade to Jellybean from the Ice Cream Sandwich version it comes with. Seeing as flashing the ROM is more complicated than the rooting procedure (still easy enough) you'd probably be better off saving yourself the 7 quid and learning to do it yourself, takes 10 minutes and its piss easy once you follow the tutorial.

The G3 is at the end of its cycle now, might be better off waiting for the G4 or the G3 quadcore, neither of which are released yet, both overdue and might still be overdue in a months time or else the first reviews will point out issues that need to be fixed, nobody knows, or pick one of the alternative recommendations, some people like the UMI X1s or whatever they're called, G3 is a really excellent phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

Thargor wrote: »
    Rooting grants Super user access, install what you like, uninstall the bloatware that comes with phones such as unwanted calendar/email apps that you wouldnt be allowed to uninstall on a non rooted phone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

The main reason to root it is to install a different Android ROM, which you have to do on the G3 if you want to upgrade to Jellybean from the Ice Cream Sandwich version it comes with. Seeing as flashing the ROM is more complicated than the rooting procedure (still easy enough) you'd probably be better off saving yourself the 7 quid and learning to do it yourself, takes 10 minutes and its piss easy once you follow the tutorial.

The G3 is at the end of its cycle now, might be better off waiting for the G4 or the G3 quadcore, neither of which are released yet, both overdue and might still be overdue in a months time or else the first reviews will point out issues that need to be fixed, nobody knows, or pick one of the alternative recommendations, some people like the UMI X1s or whatever they're called, G3 is a really excellent phone though.[/QUOTe

Thanks

I will take a look at the x1. I really like the look of the g3 and could live with the hardware as it is. I assume it would be similar to my old xperia see by the look of the specs. It's really the price that suits as it will be 6 months till I am due an upgrade.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That 3,000Mah battery is pretty tasty. I wish more manufacturers would do this. I don't give a rats ass if the phone is an extra 2mm thicker because of it. You won't notice the difference in thickness but you will notice the difference in battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

A claimed 3000, I'm a bit sceptical of these claims tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi

I'm looking at gettin the G2S.

The best price I've seen is about $160 on DHGate I think it was, Merimobiles about €189.

Am I chancing wasting my money buying off one of these sites or should I be ok?

The $160 seems like very good value for what the phone offers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Hi again all. Anyone know what MMS and internet settings I need for a 4.1 Jaiyu on Vodafone? Ta!

Random has them in post #23 in this thread, pm him if they dont work, you wont find specific settings for an unknown brand like Jiayu:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59855432#post59855432

I never had to do that with mine though, it should set itself up automatically when you put the simcard in out of the box, I also wiped mine loads of times before I settled on the current ROM and it never failed to set the MMS for 3 Ireland properly every time, I think all of them push that data out over the air these days, havent had to set MMS on any phone in a long time now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Thargor wrote: »
    Random has them in post #23 in this thread, pm him if they dont work, you wont find specific settings for an unknown brand like Jiayu:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59855432#post59855432

I never had to do that with mine though, it should set itself up automatically when you put the simcard in out of the box, I also wiped mine loads of times before I settled on the current ROM and it never failed to set the MMS for 3 Ireland properly every time, I think all of them push that data out over the air these days, havent had to set MMS on any phone in a long time now.
    Bizarre. Tried for ages to download an MMS, then tried to edit the default VPN. Didn't work so I reset back to the default... and the MMS downloaded automatically!
    Don't ask any questions, eh...

• Advertisement

My phone has just left Hong Kong earlier today, How long should I expect it to reach Ireland? Its with DHL.

I got a tablet via DHL before Christmas.

Left Hong Kong 14-11-12 at 04:23am

Arrived at cork airport 15-11-12 at 08:31am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

BullBauld wrote: »
    I'm looking at gettin the G2S. The best price I've seen is about $160 on DHGate I think it was, Merimobiles about €189.
    Am I chancing wasting my money buying off one of these sites or should I be ok? The $160 seems like very good value for what the phone offers.

Can you post a link to DHGate?
    Someone else here bought a G3 through there and had no problem

On another note;
    Any other phones with 4" screen, preferably Quad Core?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I bought on DHGate, but the seller I bought from recently closed down (or sold all its stock).

I had no problems, (G3) and its a class phone. Best i've ever had. Use it all the time now.

Biggest complaint is the lack of a decent message tone :P Downloaded an mp3 of the old Nokia message tone, and i'm using that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Might be handy for Jiayu G3 GPS fix

Its with the courier now :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its with the courier now :D:D:D:D
    who did you buy from and what version.

im waiting until the new versions are out.

who did you buy from and what version.

im waiting until the new versions are out.

Oh its not the Jiayu, a few posts back I said I had bought a phone off merimobiles but I wouldnt say which one until I had a chance to use it and review :)

Oh its not the Jiayu, a few posts back I said I had bought a phone off merimobiles but I wouldnt say which one until I had a chance to use it and review :)

any sign of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hi again all. Anyone know what MMS and internet settings I need for a 4.1 Jaiyu on Vodafone? Ta!

android doesn't. need you to input settings.get to the APN screen and press the bottom left key and select reset to default.job done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement