Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I had the singpost app installed. I then had a message this morning saying it arrived in Ireland. All happened so fast.

On it right now. Lovely phone, MiU is taking some getting used to. But i had my desire hd for 4 years so baby steps

what date did your phone ship? any customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Shipped the 9th... and no customs.

The MUI ROM is a little overpowering. Currently can't get the Play Store to work.

How can you tell for it's rooted...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

With a root checking app although you'll need to track down the .apk if you cant get the app store to work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en

Is the Play app crashing or is this just your first Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Shipped the 9th... and no customs.

The MUI ROM is a little overpowering. Currently can't get the Play Store to work.

How can you tell for it's rooted...

Was the Play Store pre installed when you got it ?

This looks a great phone 3GB RAM, 4g , Kitkat , decent battery and not overly expensive

http://www.etotalk.com/huawei-honor-6-h60l02_p6168.html

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    This looks a great phone 3GB RAM, 4g , Kitkat , decent battery and not overly expensive

Sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Sold out :(

Not released yet. Will be more like $360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Googled the phone and appears 150,000 units of Huawei Honor 6 Sold Out In 6 minutes :eek:

http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/07/01/150000-units-of-huawei-honor-6-sold-out-in-6-minutes/

I'm not sure why Etotalk are showing that price.

According to article the price of the 32GB version (supports NFC), priced at 1,999 yuan and 2,299 yuan or about $322 USD and $370 USD price tag

eamonnq wrote: »

For a 5.5 inch phone, that resolution would be absolutely atrocious spread across a screen of that size. You want at least a 720p screen for a 5/5.5 inch phone. The Redmi Note is around that price, although it is not 4G.

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    For a 5.5 inch phone, that resolution would be absolutely atrocious spread across a screen of that size. You want at least a 720p screen for a 5/5.5 inch phone. The Redmi Note is around that price, although it is not 4G.

Am not buying one, just thought it was 'interesting' with the 4G being the main (only?) draw at the price!!

Am still waiting on my other 2 phones to arrive before I order another one!! :)

Am not buying one, just thought it was 'interesting' with the 4G being the main (only?) draw at the price!!

Am still waiting on my other 2 phones to arrive before I order another one!! :)

I didn't think you were buying it for a second Eamonn, I know you know better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

According to boards the best phone on the planet is the moto G :p

4.5 inch
    no SD card

No thanks :D

According to boards the best phone on the planet is the moto G :p

4.5 inch
    no SD card

No thanks :D

Haha yeah it's mentioned everywhere. The newer one with 4G and the SD card slot is the one to go for though if you simply must have the Moto G. :)

Thargor wrote: »
    With a root checking app although you'll need to track down the .apk if you cant get the app store to work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en

Is the Play app crashing or is this just your first Android?

It didn't come with Play Store. So I stalled it myself but it will not launch.

I installed Root Checker but it won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Barr wrote: »

All those goodies but only a 1.3 processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

To the lad who installed Google play store, you have to flash gapps to get it to work properly. Plenty of guides on how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

RossieMan wrote: »
    To the lad who installed Google play store, you have to flash gapps to get it to work properly. Plenty of guides on how to do it.

May take a few goes as well.

LFC, did you get it sorted? is the phone good overall? screen quality? fast?

• Advertisement

On my laptop now, if you need help installing Gapps just give us a shout, i'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Bought my first Chinese phone today got this one here.

http://www.aierwill.com/quad-core-phones-c-8/mlais-mx59-smartphone-mtk6589t-2gb-32gb-50-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-42-otg-golden-p-996.html

Based on the specs of the phone I thought this was a bargain.

I picked the DHL option for shipping but I know these things can take time regardless getting from China, would two weeks be a good estimate for when I should expect it to arrive?

Does flashing require rooting. I'd rather not root just yet in case I need to return phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tempted to buy that Xiaomi that's on sale on Etotalk just to try miui.

Does flashing require rooting. I'd rather not root just yet in case I need to return phone

Not that i know of. You just to be able to boot into recovery, usually holding down the power button and volume + button when the phone is turned off will get you there.

You can install the amazon store if you don't want to flash Gapps, pretty similar content.

This Gapps should do the trick if you want to try it, just place it onto your SD card. Boot into recovery and go to install. Find the zip, and install it.

Its actually very simple to do, its finding the right Gapps that's the problem. I assumed you'd have android 4.2 or above, i may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is there is a google installer on the default market on the redmi note?

Is there is a google installer on the default market on the redmi note?

Yes, installed all but after I log into Play Store the refresh button continues to spin. If I navigate out and then atempt to get back in it doesn't launch

Ah gonna give up for tonight

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Bought my first Chinese phone today got this one here.

http://www.aierwill.com/quad-core-phones-c-8/mlais-mx59-smartphone-mtk6589t-2gb-32gb-50-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-42-otg-golden-p-996.html

Based on the specs of the phone I thought this was a bargain.

I picked the DHL option for shipping but I know these things can take time regardless getting from China, would two weeks be a good estimate for when I should expect it to arrive?

Not sure where you came across that website, have not heard of them before, and would be a bit wary. DHL will get it to you in a couple of days (once they actually receive it, and customs don't delay it too much). You can expect to pay VAT on top of that price though (especially with DHL).

I have that phone on it's way to me from Pandawill and hope to have it in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Not sure where you came across that website, have not heard of them before, and would be a bit wary. DHL will get it to you in a couple of days (once they actually receive it, and customs don't delay it too much). You can expect to pay VAT on top of that price though (especially with DHL).

I have that phone on it's way to me from Pandawill and hope to have it in the next few days.

I bought a tv dongle off that crowd about a year ago so thats why I went back there, there was no problems it took an age to arrive but that was because I took the free shipping option

• Advertisement

i just seem to be getting ignored with how to fix it.

Installing it will not work. You need to flash it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement