Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC MURPHY, how is the phone otherwise? screen res good and crisp? fast? how is the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

RossieMan wrote: »
    i just seem to be getting ignored with how to fix it.

Installing it will not work. You need to flash it.

Did you say something m8?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

RossieMan wrote: »
    i just seem to be getting ignored with how to fix it.

Installing it will not work. You need to flash it.

Sorry wasn't online until later so I missed your comment.... Thanks for the offer.

I did get it working, it just a few times install/uninstall. And just worked.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    LFC MURPHY, how is the phone otherwise? screen res good and crisp? fast? how is the camera?

Xioami RedMi Note

So overall it's a great phone (although so far limited use)

Battery has been the stand out feature fully charged yesterday about 2pm and right now 57% after moderate use

Size is a little over powering, but coming to terms.

Resolution is crisp so quite happy about that

Camera is the other big surprise. I like taking photos and so far it's been up to the task

Sat/Nav: Haven't checked

Overall speed etc: I ran AnTuTu last night and got 27454 which for me is out of this world (I have desire HD and Asus transformer TF101 both are under 5000)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Nice one, glad to hear that you got sorted. Thanks for the quick review, think I am going to bite the bullet once I get approval from the accounts department :)
    Any plans to check the GPS? I only ask because I believe this is known to be one of the main issues with a lot of these chinese phones with the MKT chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Which phone is it? The Redmi Note?

Thargor wrote: »
    Which phone is it? The Redmi Note?

Yep

johnybean wrote: »
    Nice one, glad to hear that you got sorted. Thanks for the quick review, think I am going to bite the bullet once I get approval from the accounts department :)
    Any plans to check the GPS? I only ask because I believe this is known to be one of the main issues with a lot of these chinese phones with the MKT chips.

I'll check driving home this evening

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Yep
    I suppose I could have just read your post 2 up from mine...

Nice one LFC, looking forward to mine arriving.

Mine shipped on the 16th. Do you think it could arrive next week?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.pandawill.com/h920-turbo-smartphone-mtk6589t-15ghz-50-inch-1080p-fhd-screen-android-42-black-p75740.html

Here we go again, just received my MLAIS MX59, and then this shows up, this is basically the same phone as an MLAIS MX58 PRO. For approx 80 euro.

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.pandawill.com/h920-turbo-smartphone-mtk6589t-15ghz-50-inch-1080p-fhd-screen-android-42-black-p75740.html

Here we go again, just received my MLAIS MX59, and then this shows up, this is basically the same phone as an MLAIS MX58 PRO. For approx 80 euro.

Battery wont last long on that screen m8,its only 1800 compared to your 2800 :)

EDIT:Although mixeshop has it as a 2800

wiz569 wrote: »
    Battery wont last long on that screen m8,its only 1800 compared to your 2800 :)

EDIT:Although mixeshop has it as a 2800

Yep, am fairly sure it is 2800, I won't be buying anyway, and I think I will have to stop reading email from Pandawill with their offers!!

.....and I think I will have to stop reading email from Pandawill with their offers!!

I have them sent to my spam folder lol

So only when I get really curious will I have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

First Hexa Core phone I have come accross :pac:

Interesting looking camera

http://www.etotalk.com/inew-v8_p6157.html

wiz569 wrote: »
    I have them sent to my spam folder lol

So only when I get really curious will I have a look :)

I am curious all the time though :D they seem to be able to sell some decent phones at half the price some of the other main websites have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Barr wrote: »

Sold Out!!! How much was it Barr?

Probably hasn't ever been on sale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Sold Out!!! How much was it Barr?

As Thargor said , it is in their pre sale section.

Soon to be released for sale though. I like the idea of the camera turning around.

From what I've seen of Inew , they are not that expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm still looking for a device with KitKat, HD Screen and an SD card slot.

Not really in any rush but still!

Still looking!

Think I might just wait for the next Nexus device which should be out around October/November hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Barr wrote: »

It's a nice looking but I'm not a fan of the fact it only has a 1gb of ram .

Wow.. that was fast! My redmi note is in Cork now and will be with me tomorrow from An Post, no customs either :D It only shipped on the 18th! Delighted with Pandawill's service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Wow.. that was fast! My redmi note is in Cork now and will be with me tomorrow from An Post, no customs either :D It only shipped on the 18th! Delighted with Pandawill's service.

Excellent. We need a detailed review.

Discodog wrote: »
    Excellent. We need a detailed review.

Detailed review coming very shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Going by that,my phone should arrive next week.That means I'm getting 2 high spec phones (ordered the new moto G 4g phone from Tesco) for less than the price of a 2nd hand S3 on Adverts.

Just in time too as my current phone has started to act up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

zerks wrote: »
    Going by that,my phone should arrive next week

What have you ordered Zerks? Thinking of getting one myself but so many choices.

When did you order it ? I know it shipped (to overseas country?) on the 18th.

I received my MX59 (ordered on the 4th Jun) so took nearly a full month from order to delivery.

When did you order it ? I know it shipped (to overseas country?) on the 18th.

I received my MX59 (ordered on the 4th Jun) so took nearly a full month from order to delivery.

Ordered on the 14th, shipped on the 16th and tracking status changed to 'overseas country' on the 18th. Very quick indeed, I picked the free shipping option too!

• Advertisement

Just arrived, packaging was superb! Tons of bubblewrap. Marked as $25 'daily necessities' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement