Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh God I want one now, guaranteed a load of octacore KitKats will appear for the same price the minute I press the order button though so Im going to stick it out with my G3 until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Ordered on the 14th, shipped on the 16th and tracking status changed to 'overseas country' on the 18th. Very quick indeed, I picked the free shipping option too!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90631156&postcount=4318

So is it not the same one that you ordered on the 31/05 ?? :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90631156&postcount=4318

So is it not the same one that you ordered on the 31/05 ?? :confused::D

I cancelled as they were out of stock that time, but reordered at a later stage when I heard LFC's shipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Any word when the MI3S is due out? I'd order the MI3 but it doesn't have 4G support,

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

sam, how are you getting on with our new toy.

i ran an update MUMi update earlier and seems to have ironed out the kinks... rotate etc

really enjoying it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    sam, how are you getting on with our new toy.

i ran an update MUMi update earlier and seems to have ironed out the kinks... rotate etc

really enjoying it

Hey bud

I am really liking the phone so far - haven't played around with all the features yet but from what I have used so far I am impressed with it.

Just ordered myself a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 MicroSDHC card from Mymemory for just over €21 shipped, not too bad a price at all. Here's the link if you need one: http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Ultra-Android-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Class-10-UHS-1-30MB_s

Any more issues yourself? Did you find any good accessories for it? I'm currently on the lookout for a case/cover!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.pandawill.com/h920-turbo-smartphone-mtk6589t-15ghz-50-inch-1080p-fhd-screen-android-42-black-p75740.html

Here we go again, just received my MLAIS MX59, and then this shows up, this is basically the same phone as an MLAIS MX58 PRO. For approx 80 euro.

I gonna pull the trigger on this and buy it...one question anyone please....what kind of charger connection is on these? Same as a samsung ? Reason i ask is how about charging it in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yep think all Android use the same type of cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I gonna pull the trigger on this and buy it...one question anyone please....what kind of charger connection is on these? Same as a samsung ? Reason i ask is how about charging it in the car?

if that battery stat is correct, it'll be a nightmare to use.

Decent phone otherwise, but that battery is ridiculous.

RossieMan wrote: »
    if that battery stat is correct, it'll be a nightmare to use.

Decent phone otherwise, but that battery is ridiculous.

Ahhh feck....the safety catch is back on my trigger so......ughhhhhh...

• Advertisement

might be worth leaving them an email and asking if its correct or not.

might be worth leaving them an email and asking if its correct or not.

What would i ask them exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What would i ask them exactly?

To confirm battery size.

To confirm battery size.

Ok, so what size would be ideally needed for this handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Upwards of 2800maH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Upwards of 2800maH

I currently have a 3000Mah on my Neo, and it just about lasts a day. I am a heavy user though, but you'd want 2500-3000 for any comfort.

Playing games/watching videos will really drain your battery, as will having it as a hotspot, which is why mine runs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone have problems with malware? Read about it somewhere so wondering has it been an issue for those who've purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jgbyr wrote: »
    What have you ordered Zerks? Thinking of getting one myself but so many choices.

Went for this, http://www.pandawill.com/wmcc-x5-smartphone-android-42-mtk6589-quad-core-50-inch-hd-screen-3g-white-p88474.html

It was half the current price when I ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Can anyone give me their opinion in this phone...

http://www.pandawill.com/mobile-phone-c1/android-os-phone-c551/x1-smartphone-mtk6589-android-42-50-inch-hd-screen-130mp-camera-3g-black-p90367.html

I'm looking to replace my iphone 4 which now has a smashed screen and a home button that is starting to stick. I'm a light phone user, don't play any games, mostly use it for photos/videos, a little bit of facebook and browsing if i don't have the ipad handy. Reliable GPS would also be important. Happy to spend up to about €100-120 if there are other options people can direct me to.

• Advertisement

If you want reliable GPS then stay away from MTK devices.

To be honest, Chinese devices tend not to have the best cameras. Have you looked at the Moto G? seems to be fit everything you'd be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, have looked & thought about it. Just was wondering if there were any other options

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

To be honest, Chinese devices tend not to have the best cameras. Have you looked at the Moto G? seems to be fit everything you'd be looking for.

Is the Moto G the official Boards
    phone? :-)

Discodog wrote: »

Pretty much, I spent the same amount on my Jiayu and its a far better phone, so many people are blinded by brand.

Pretty much, I spent the same amount on my Jiayu and its a far better phone, so many people are blinded by brand.

€200 for a 1.2 processor - sounds bonkers.

Also a lot of the cameras on Chinese phones are excellent. €200 is almost Lenovo 910 money & that's an amazing phone.

Discodog wrote: »
    €200 for a 1.2 processor - sounds bonkers.

Also a lot of the cameras on Chinese phones are excellent. €200 is almost Lenovo 910 money & that's an amazing phone.

Ill stick to my 8 1.7 processors with good gps :D

Ill stick to my 8 1.7 processors with good gps :D

The Lenovo has a Snapdragon 800 :-)

MTK processors GPS is still not as good as Qualcomms, if its important to the person buying then MTK isn't the way to go, no matter how many cores you throw at it.

My question to you is why do you need 8 cores? was 4 not enough?

Its just another reason to get people buying a new phone. I've my Neo for 6 months now and its never struggled running any app or game. Can't see a reason for 8 cores.

• Advertisement

That lenovo is completely different to the Jayu, its an amazing piece of kit. The 801 and 805 processors have really brought down that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement