Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

Thargor wrote: »
    No clue sorry, see if JB fixes it, although this guy made a thread yesterday saying none of the current roms seem to have that feature:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2267225

Have you tried all of the apps in the Play Store because I remember when I had an Xperia Play they didnt work on that either but an app from the store fixed it, try Winamp as your player aswell there was something in the settings about a headphone remote iirc.

This is the main G3 thread on that forum by the way, ask your question there and someone will answer it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981634&page=65

Just FYI a lot of the info in the earlier parts of that thread is obsolete now so check carefully before you use any of it...

Thats great thanks alot for your help. Really Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

one thing to be aware of is that your g3 may have the new processor in it. if so the official beta will not work. I think wifi, Bluetooth and 3g is not compatible with it.

there are a couple of custom roms at needrom.com, they work but with a few bugs, so best to read the posts before upgrading.

I myself have tried almost every custom rom and to be honest I can't find a significant difference.

one thing I have found its that I get two days use on the ICS rom and only one day from any JB rom, which differs from Thargor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

T-Bird wrote: »
    one thing to be aware of is that your g3 may have the new processor in it. if so the official beta will not work. I think wifi, Bluetooth and 3g is not compatible with it.
    Never heard that, thanks for the tip.

These are the roms at Needrom that T-Bird mentioned:

http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/jiayu/g3/

Anything with 4.1.2 is jellybean but read the reviews first as said, you can install these as per the tutorial linked above just swap the file you downloaded for the one from Needrom.

Thargor wrote: »
    Never heard that, thanks for the tip.

These are the roms at Needrom that T-Bird mentioned:

http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/jiayu/g3/

Anything with 4.1.2 is jellybean but read the reviews first as said, you can install these as per the tutorial linked above just swap the file you downloaded for the one from Needrom.

No probs, thanks for posting link, didnt have access to pc in last post and never had time.

Below is a quick lowdown on the two 4.1.2 G3N roms I was on about. Then its off to study for exams...

But as mentioned before read the latter posts from April onwards before deciding to "upgrade"....

ROM Mobile JIAYU 3G/3GN – ROM Android 4.1.2 by ervius HERE
    • It does a FULL wipe before install, backup apps before hand
    • His logo (yuck!) is the actual 1st boot-up animation, it stays even after installing a different rom (very hard to get rid of)
    • A lot of people have complained about the look of his call / contact screen (but he likes it....)
    • For the G3N he used the G2 to make the rom and not actual G3 4.1.2 beta
    • ervius has another Chinese phone now (HERO H7500+ ?) and wont be modding this one anymore

Jiayu G3N - Lolfisch v1.0 HERE
    • It is a port of this rom HERE which is a port of this rom HERE
    • ng0tkul4 who did the 1st port has a new phone himself and wont be modding this one any more
    • Clock / alarm crashes (but I think its fixed in latest rom or there is a patch)
    • IMO It is NOT a CM10 ROM it just uses the bootup logo
    • I think it is the best 4.1.2 beta (but I need the alarm clock, mod is only for 3GN)

I think THIS is the original G3N 4.04. rom if anyone decides to go back (not 100% sure though as mine is older G3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I purchased a G3 from DH Gate on 29th April, received the tracking number and the notification of its dispatch on the 5th May. I'm wondering how long it might take if sent via Singapore Post - anything from 10-15 working days perhaps.

Looking forward to getting it now and will probably consider rooting it as I don't think I'd be happy with stock rom. Should one follow the instructions on rooting in the thread here, will it all go smoothly? There's no element of 'bricking' the device if you balls up a step?

• Advertisement

Found this on youtube. BTW wont work with Win8 (what does?)

How to root G3

Jiayu G3 Jelly bean upgrade + Clockworkmod (CWM) tutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

35 hours since last charged my Lenovo is at 25% feckin delighted with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭seanin4711

which lenovo and where prey tell did you buy?

• Advertisement

Is it an original Lenovo or a Chinese factory selling it as a "Lenovo"

seanin4711 wrote: »
    which lenovo and where prey tell did you buy?
    Is it an original Lenovo or a Chinese factory selling it as a "Lenovo"

Lenovo a820 on merimobiles

And yes its a proper Lenovo, correct box and manuals etc Lenovo's own apps too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I want to cry, barely get 12 hours from my star b93m!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

So slightly off topic, what are the best Chinese phones out there at the moment?? Top 5 we'll say?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Your lenovo has no flash though mick does it? :(
    is there any phone almost identical thats lenovo and has a flash?

I want to cry, barely get 12 hours from my star b93m!

Got to the 40 hour mark at 1% so happy with that:D

No flash im afraid just point a torch at the person :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Lenovo S920 & Lenovo A830

Both look like decent phones. I am getting sick of waiting for the Jiayu G4 so I am looking at alternatives (I will probably end up waiting though)

Ballyv24 wrote: »

Both look like decent phones. I am getting sick of waiting for the Jiayu G4 so I am looking at alternatives (I will probably end up waiting though)

Check out the blu life series out this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

I just watched a video of the Jiayu G4 and it didn't look really smooth.

Im on my phone, but it was on the gizchina website. When he was changing screens seemed like it lagged. Myabe it was just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Andi from Gizchina has received his G4 now and has posted this video:

He also ran Antutu and got a score of 13,224 - he has screenshots on his site.

His version has a black front and white back, but I think the retail versions are all black or all white. I will be purchasing a black one, the phone looks nice

Ballyv24 wrote: »

Like the look of them, best place to buy? im not seeing merimobiles come up and id like to buy from them as they seem reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

brimal wrote: »
    Andi from Gizchina has received his G4 now and has posted this video:

He also ran Antutu and got a score of 13,224 - he has screenshots on his site.

His version has a black front and white back, but I think the retail versions are all black or all white. I will be purchasing a black one, the phone looks nice

This is the video im talking about, do people not think it seems like it lags a bit.

The question is, is it worth the $230-259 price tag though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Like the look of them, best place to buy? im not seeing merimobiles come up and id like to buy from them as they seem reliable

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a830-android4-2-quad-core-1-2ghz-5-0-inch-qhd-540-960-3g-wcdma-8-0mp_p/meri7433.htm

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-s920-5-3-inch-android-4-2-mt6589-cortex-a7-quad-core-1-2ghz-dual-sim-3g-smartphone_p/meri8022.htm

No idea if these phones are any good. I don't like the screen resolution of the A830 and the price of the s920 is more than I want to spend

The Lenovo p770 on etotalk.com looks good for 180 usd

3500mah battery

it doesnt look half bad actually! are these real lenovo phones though?
    and has anyone bought from etotalk?

Haven't bought from etotalk but it looks legit

http://www.webutation.net/go/review/etotalk.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Jiayu G4 release date has been pushed back to August 15th

I'm not gonna wait any longer for it anyway.

If the UMI X2 honours its release date, and stock is readiily available, I might get that.

If not, might spend a few quid extra on the Nexus 4. No sd card slot is a pain though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement