Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andy369

Mezcita wrote: »
    Jayzus, nicely done. I'd ordered off Deal Extreme but they are now saying that they won't have stock until Friday at the earliest. Cancelled the order and went via your method above. Cheers.

Great! I just order a black thl 5000 from gearbest, and 4 free gifts are included. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

My Mi3 was shipped on Monday from ibuygou.com and is arriving today :) Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Great customer service too has to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Does anyone with a Jiayu of any kind notice notice it randomly restarting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nope, a different ROM will probably sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Does anyone with a Jiayu of any kind notice notice it randomly restarting?

Try giving it a factory reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Happens once a week, its a tad strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Instead of this Chinese phone, how about the oneplus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'm looking to buy a nice android phone so i've been scanning this thread for a bit. Saw a suggestion for ZTE so i popped it into aliexpress and found this.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZTE-Nubia-Z7-mini-lte-4G-FDD-smart-phone-Qualcomm-MSM8974AA-2-0GHz-5-0-FHD/1964357236.html

Seems right up my alley and in budget. Can't see much reviews though so anyone have any experience with ZTE? I know it supports 3G/4G with 3Ireland so I'm sorted in terms of network as far as I can see. Only issue could be the battery which is 2300mAh. A bit low, but it is only a 5" screen.

Thanks for any feedback!

Edit: Also found this, which seems to be an upgraded version...
    http://www.oppomart.com/nubia-z7/zte-nubia-z7-mini.html
    Now I'm confused xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That seems like a great phone.

don't think anyone here has got one as of yet, so you could be the first.
    Specs are great. Battery would be my only worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a nice android phone so i've been scanning this thread for a bit. Saw a suggestion for ZTE so i popped it into aliexpress and found this.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZTE-Nubia-Z7-mini-lte-4G-FDD-smart-phone-Qualcomm-MSM8974AA-2-0GHz-5-0-FHD/1964357236.html

Seems right up my alley and in budget. Can't see much reviews though so anyone have any experience with ZTE? I know it supports 3G/4G with 3Ireland so I'm sorted in terms of network as far as I can see. Only issue could be the battery which is 2300mAh. A bit low, but it is only a 5" screen.

Thanks for any feedback!

Edit: Also found this, which seems to be an upgraded version...
    http://www.oppomart.com/nubia-z7/zte-nubia-z7-mini.html
    Now I'm confused xD

This for a bit more, almost tempted myself....

Reduced to $379 from $549

Huawei Honor 6 4G LTE Dual Sim Full Active H60-L02 Android 4.4 Kit Kat Octa Core 5.0 inch FHD 13.0MP DSFA Smartphone

http://www.etotalk.com/huawei-honor-6-h60l02_p6168.html

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    That seems like a great phone.

don't think anyone here has got one as of yet, so you could be the first.
    Specs are great. Battery would be my only worry.

Was actually looking at this as I was recommended it by a guy who purchases a lot of chinese phones but the battery threw me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LegalCity

Hi,

Looking to buy a Chinese android phone 200e budget. 3g compatible and dual sim if possible?
    I've been looking on the websites throughout this thread and just dont know what site and model to actually go for. So many devices.

Can someone please recommend site and phone from experience with good specifications i.e. 3g or 4g and dual sim? Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Any preference on screen size?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LegalCity

Khannie wrote: »
    Any preference on screen size?

5 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

LegalCity wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to buy a Chinese android phone 200e budget. 3g compatible and dual sim if possible?
    I've been looking on the websites throughout this thread and just dont know what site and model to actually go for. So many devices.

Can someone please recommend site and phone from experience with good specifications i.e. 3g or 4g and dual sim? Thank you in advance.

The THL 5000 is great for the money if you have no requirement for 4g. They are brand new to the market so might be beneficial to wait as a few have ordered in this thread. We should see what they are like shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

T-Bird wrote: »
    This for a bit more, almost tempted myself....

Reduced to $379 from $549

Huawei Honor 6 4G LTE Dual Sim Full Active H60-L02 Android 4.4 Kit Kat Octa Core 5.0 inch FHD 13.0MP DSFA Smartphone

http://www.etotalk.com/huawei-honor-6-h60l02_p6168.html

Yes reduced... to its standard price since release :P

spix wrote: »
    Yes reduced... to its standard price since release :P

yup, mostly always the way... but that's everywhere..

it's some phone for the price though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Been experiencing some issues with my 132usd MX59 from Pandawill (random reboots) and then the camera stopped working, it was suggested by Pandawill to flash it, so I did that and tried a few roms but the camera still did not work, have now flashed a MIUI rom, but it just keeps crashing so can't do anything else with it. Can't even get into the recovery as I cannot get Mobile Uncle tools on to it.

Managed to get into the recovery, by pressing the power up button when powering up though I would have sworn that did not work all day!!

I would think problem is hardware instead of firmware related myself. Either way does the suggestion that gave cause you to revoke the warranty?

Try downloading another Rom from your pc and copy it to the download section in sd card (if phone uses one).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Does anyone know of a high end phone with a 5" screen which will work with meteor/emobile 4G?

I'm tempted by the likes of the oneplus or the Mi4 but the LTE side is letting them down.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you looking for a phone that supports 800mhz/1800mhz or both? Meteor/emobile uses both these bands but not sure which is the main one. If its 1800mhz there's a good few phones to choose from including the oneplus one. If you want both bands supported there isn't many options. Only one I have found so far is the Zopo zp320.

Using my new xiaomi mi3 right now. Very impressed by it. Didn't actually know it took the old sim cards though. Thought it would take a micro sim. Have to buy a sim adapter tomorrow or just get a free sim from three.

Anyway, first impressions are that it's fast, great screen quality and battery seems pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

spix wrote: »
    Are you looking for a phone that supports 800mhz/1800mhz or both? Meteor/emobile uses both these bands but not sure which is the main one. If its 1800mhz there's a good few phones to choose from including the oneplus one. If you want both bands supported there isn't many options. Only one I have found so far is the Zopo zp320.

Was thinking one that supports both would be good - one that covers all Irish bands would be ideal but not likely ;-)

Have only used the mi3 for a short time since I got it yesterday but I noticed that the GPS isn't connecting. Common issue with Chinese phones? Is it fixable? Haven't used it outside yet to test the signal but doubtful it would work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Colemania wrote: »
    Have only used the mi3 for a short time since I got it yesterday but I noticed that the GPS isn't connecting. Common issue with Chinese phones? Is it fixable? Haven't used it outside yet to test the signal but doubtful it would work
    It should be sporting a snapdragon processor so GPS shouldnt be an issue. The GPS issue was related to mediatek processors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

GPS generally doesn't work inside, try it outside and see what happens.

but he might need the GPS to find his way outside !! ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A few have been asking after competitively priced 5"ers the last few days, they might be interested in the following:

http://www.etotalk.com/vk-vk900_p6161.html

Clonetastic, but nice specs for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just to expand on this a bit - GPS can only work properly when it can receive a signal from several satellites. You need to be outdoors and under a clear sky to get a fast, clean lock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement