Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Windows 7.

Trying to flash Pandawill's THL W200 firmware just because I've heard it's meant to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why don't you download the TWRP/CWM version?
    must easier from past experience.

my internet is awful so i can't download it to see if it includes the scatter file needed for sp tools.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why don't you download the TWRP/CWM version?
    must easier from past experience.

my internet is awful so i can't download it to see if it includes the scatter file needed for sp tools.

When I reset the phone it broke the keyboard and UI for some God only knows reason, I can't install any apps because I can't get at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

When I reset the phone it broke the keyboard and UI for some God only knows reason, I can't install any apps because I can't get at them.

Some Chinese phones come without a keyboard so manually install google keyboard and you're grand.

Some Chinese phones come without a keyboard so manually install google keyboard and you're grand.

I can't get access to any of my explorers to manually install it due to the UI being broken.

I think I've managed to get the Flashtool working finally, seems to be installing now. Hopefully that's the end of this nonsense.

• Advertisement

CWM is the recovery. Usually accessed using the power and plessing the + volume button.

Its the best way for installing/backing up ROM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What would people recommend with a 5.5 - 6 inch screen between €150 to €200 ?

CWM is the recovery. Usually accessed using the power and plessing the + volume button.

Its the best way for installing/backing up ROM's.

Got sorted in the end, downloaded the latest stock ROM and flashed it then followed the Modaco guide again to root/recovery/repartition. All up and running again thank God.

Discodog wrote: »
    What would people recommend with a 5.5 - 6 inch screen between €150 to €200 ?

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

That looks like a nice piece of kit for the price.
    on sale* this week too.

*same price as it always was.

not sure if s5 cases will fit it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

More "inspired" by the Note 3 than the S5, perhaps?

• Advertisement

You've got me there. Don't know what i was thinking.

You've got me there. Don't know what i was thinking.

You'd think I'd have something better to be doing on a bank holiday. But apparently not!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

That looks like a nice piece of kit for the price.
    on sale* this week too.

*same price as it always was.

Looks good. Are Elephone considered to be good? Any reviews?

They're quite a new company i believe.
    Seem to have very decent spec.

Use google and youtube for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Lads, have any of you seen any detail about the Mi3S becoming available? I much prefer it to the Mi3 due to its spec but I haven't seen anything about it since the launch a couple of weeks ago.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Lads, have any of you seen any detail about the Mi3S becoming available? I much prefer it to the Mi3 due to its spec but I haven't seen anything about it since the launch a couple of weeks ago.

Is there actually going to be a Mi3S as well as the Mi4?

As I understand it, only the 16gb Mi4 (without 4g enabled) is available from resellers so far.

corwill wrote: »
    Is there actually going to be a Mi3S as well as the Mi4?

As I understand it, only the 16gb Mi4 (without 4g enabled) is available from resellers so far.

Yeah they announced the Mi3S at the same time as the Mi4. It's got 3GB RAM, a slightly faster processor (I think), a few little improvements on the Mi3 so if it was available I'd go for it but I haven't seen anything since launch.

I thought the mi3s turned out to be the mi4?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Anyone got any knowledge please, on the Elephone P6i , it's just $79 today.

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p6i_p6149.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah they announced the Mi3S at the same time as the Mi4. It's got 3GB RAM, a slightly faster processor (I think), a few little improvements on the Mi3 so if it was available I'd go for it but I haven't seen anything since launch.

Any indication of when a 4G enabled version will be released.
    Also what seem to be the top 4G compatable chinese smart phones at the moment? Besides the one plus one which seems to be impossible to get a hold of? Broke my iphone after 4 years last week. Not happy :/

Also what seem to be the top 4G compatable chinese smart phones at the moment? Besides the one plus one which seems to be impossible to get a hold of? Broke my iphone after 4 years last week. Not happy :/

Well, there's ZTE Nubia's Z7 http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7-6490.php, Z7 Max http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_max-6491.php & Z7 Mini http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_mini-6492.php.

The Z7 is pretty expensive, could be in the €500 range. The Z7 Mini is tasty at the price, but the 2,300 mAh battery looks a bit weedy. I'm dithering over getting the Z7 Max, mostly because I don't want to wait around much longer for the 64gb/4g Mi4.

Is the One plus one hard to get? Mixeshop have it on their site and mentions nothing about being out of stock.

I thought the mi3s turned out to be the mi4?

Really? That could explain it. I thought I read about both on launch day though. I'll check back later on and see if I can figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is the One plus one hard to get? Mixeshop have it on their site and mentions nothing about being out of stock.

Assume it would be Chinese version. International version is hard to get.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Assume it would be Chinese version. International version is hard to get.

Is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

Chinese version does not support 4G to my knowledge

No worries its for a friend ill let him know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It does in Europe not in North America. Not a whole lot of differences afaik. Warranty was reason I went for international version direct from one plus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement