Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

For a €75 budget , which model? Camera is the priority, then call quality/reception, 4" screen is loads. 3g is loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I live i Roscommon. No 4G for miles upon miles.

Still, for resale value alone, i'd want the 4G model if i was getting it.

I'd be waiting around on the Mi4 until i see what the nexus 6 is like/costs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

RossieMan wrote: »
    I live i Roscommon. No 4G for miles upon miles.

Still, for resale value alone, i'd want the 4G model if i was getting it.

I'd be waiting around on the Mi4 until i see what the nexus 6 is like/costs also.

Fair enough, I normally use a phone until it conks altogether, resale never entered my head

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I think its time I got a new phone. My thl touch screen isn't working at the top of the screen. Think I'm going to get the elephone p8. Anyone see a best price for this? I think I'll use dhl as well as I don't want to wait too long.

Except to pay customs if you use DHL.

Or best idea, budget that you will pay customs regardless of delivery method.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I think its time I got a new phone. My thl touch screen isn't working at the top of the screen. Think I'm going to get the elephone p8. Anyone see a best price for this? I think I'll use dhl as well as I don't want to wait too long.

I was close tp orderingvthis very handset last week, then i forgot, then when i did go to order on etotalk, the price went up by 30 dollars to 199. Still, its a nice phone, good reviews too. What draws you to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I was close tp orderingvthis very handset last week, then i forgot, then when i did go to order on etotalk, the price went up by 30 dollars to 199. Still, its a nice phone, good reviews too. What draws you to it?

It has great specs.
    2gm ram
    16gb ROM and SD card
    Good camera and big battery
    Quality screen and kit Kat.
    Can't find a phone for the same price with the same specs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It has great specs.
    2gm ram
    16gb ROM and SD card
    Good camera and big battery
    Quality screen and kit Kat.
    Can't find a phone for the same price with the same specs

I am considering the P8 or the Xiaomi Note. I just wish that there were some independent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Have you has a look at www.gizchina.com? They usually have something, even on the obscure phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Keep an eye on Etotalk , they seem to run a elephone sale every few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I don't understand why so few people here buy from aliexpress, much better option than stores like etotalk, antelife imo. There's loads of high rated sellers there who will do anything for you not to spoil their feedback. Prices are normally cheaper too.

They have a massive sale in 3 days. Play some game to win coupons that can be used the 19th, I've got a $20 and $10 off anything. http://activities.aliexpress.com/the-seven-seas-sale.php There will be a limited qty of xiaomi phones going for basically free as well, good luck getting one though :)http://activities.aliexpress.com/the-seven-seas-sale.php?spm=5261.1195046.1998050732.2&jumpto=1

spix wrote: »
    I don't understand why so few people here buy from aliexpress, much better option than stores like etotalk, antelife imo. There's loads of high rated sellers there who will do anything for you not to spoil their feedback. Prices are normally cheaper too.

They have a massive sale in 3 days. Play some game to win coupons that can be used the 19th, I've got a $20 and $10 off anything. http://activities.aliexpress.com/the-seven-seas-sale.php There will be a limited qty of xiaomi phones going for basically free as well, good luck getting one though :)http://activities.aliexpress.com/the-seven-seas-sale.php?spm=5261.1195046.1998050732.2&jumpto=1

Those prices cannot be real. I'll be very surprised if you buy anything at those prices.

Never liked aliexexpress, don't know why. Just seems more hassle dealing with sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

RossieMan wrote: »
    Those prices cannot be real. I'll be very surprised if you buy anything at those prices.

Never liked aliexexpress, don't know why. Just seems more hassle dealing with sellers.

The prices are not real, they claim they are and nobody can buy the phone at the time,Aliexpress are ok but I hear more bad stories about them than others.

The prices are not real, they claim they are and nobody can buy the phone at the time,Aliexpress are ok but I hear more bad stories about them than others.

They are real. Aliexpress are a massive business and have sales like this every now and then. What they get in exchange is lots of likes on facebook etc

The 99c deal on the xiaomi 1s is being done by hongkong goldway http://www.aliexpress.com/store/311331 There's 10pcs available for 99c and 30pcs at 30% off.

Same scams as always. Sometimes they'll sell one unit at that price, then put it back up.
    Or instant out of stock. :/

Some people will always think they can get them for this price though, if its to good to be true, it definitely is. More so when dealing with China.

They are real. Aliexpress are a massive business and have sales like this every now and then. What they get in exchange is lots of likes on facebook etc

The 99c deal on the xiaomi 1s is being done by hongkong goldway http://www.aliexpress.com/store/311331 There's 10pcs available for 99c and 30pcs at 30% off.

As rossieman said above, its a well known tactic by aliexpress.

As rossieman said above, its a well known tactic by aliexpress.

It isn't a well known tactic by aliexpress. They make plenty of money in these sales to be able to offer a small amount of items for half nothing. What about my 20$ coupon, will that fail to work too? :)

It isn't a well known tactic by aliexpress. They make plenty of money in these sales to be able to offer a small amount of items for half nothing. What about my 20$ coupon, will that fail to work too? :)

Ugh we're talking about the 1.99 phones, ffs why do some posters here get so annoyed when people dis like a certain seller.

Ugh we're talking about the 1.99 phones, ffs why do some posters here get so annoyed when people dis like a certain seller.

Because you're making assumptions with zero proof. Aliexpress is not a seller, its a platform for other sellers. That's why you see lots of complaints, because people buy from ones with little to no feedback.

Was just letting you guys know, what's the harm in trying to buy one of them for 99c? Next time I just won't bother posting, better chance for me I guess ;)

Because you're making assumptions with zero proof. Aliexpress is not a seller, its a platform for other sellers. That's why you see lots of complaints, because people buy from ones with little to no feedback.

Was just letting you guys know, what's the harm in trying to buy one of them for 99c? Next time I just won't bother posting, better chance for me I guess ;)

Because loads of us here tried it last year and got nothing, I know how aliexpress works,I bought a fake phone off a 5 star seller advertised as real so any of them can be dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can anyone recommend a phone with 4G.
    Ive a HTC one and its not charging anymore :(
    I was looking at the Jiayu before I got the HTC but it seems things have moved on in 18 months.

Some of the must haves
    Minimum 5" screen
    Good camera front and rear.
    4G
    probably 8 core 2 GB Ram

I know I wont get anything like Blinkfeed sadly

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Because loads of us here tried it last year and got nothing, I know how aliexpress works,I bought a fake phone off a 5 star seller advertised as real so any of them can be dodgy.

I'd be interested to hear positive feedback from folks on here about individual sellers on ali, though. I'd still probably be too risk averse, but it would be more constructive than debating the pros and cons of aliexpress itself.

That doesn't mean its not real because people here didn't get one.

That's tough luck about the phone but I've never experienced anything like that. How much feedback did they have, much more important than their star rating. Aliexpress is the safest place to buy phones if you exercise a bit of caution, all the sellers feedback is out in the open.

A phone I got was missing a UK adapter, seller offered 2$ refund, I asked for $10 due to inconvenience and they sent it without issue. I doubt you'd have any chance of a store like etotalk doing that that when they try to charge you for installing facebook.

I was looking at the Jiayu before I got the HTC but it seems things have moved on in 18 months.

Some of the must haves
    Minimum 5" screen
    4G
    probably 8 core 2 GB Ram

thanks

4G narrows the field a lot, particularly if you're looking for high specs all around on a phone. The Xiaomi Mi4 with 4G enabled isn't out yet. Meizu MX4 is imminent.

The only high spec 4Gers available right now that I can think of are the Nubia Z7s, Mini and Max. The Z7 proper doesn't appear to be available through the main resellers yet. I was looking at the Max, but decided to wait for the Xiaomi Mi4 64gb/4G, and I'll get a Mi3 to keep me going for the next 6 months in the meantime (as soon as funds clear into my paypal).

Only decision left on the Mi3 is black or white, from the point of view of resellability down the line, can't decide.

Some of the must haves
    Minimum 5" screen
    4G
    probably 8 core 2 GB Ram

thanks

4g severely limits your options, any chance you'd settle for just 3g?

4g severely limits your options, any chance you'd settle for just 3g?

I was looking at alexi and 4g does indeed limit me.
    the only options seemed to be hauwei and high prices.

I'd settle on 3g.

Does anyone know if htc ones can be repaired? I will really miss the blinkfeed, but i may spend less time on the ohone which is a good thing..probably

That doesn't mean its not real because people here didn't get one.

That's tough luck about the phone but I've never experienced anything like that. How much feedback did they have, much more important than their star rating. Aliexpress is the safest place to buy phones if you exercise a bit of caution, all the sellers feedback is out in the open.

A phone I got was missing a UK adapter, seller offered 2$ refund, I asked for $10 due to inconvenience and they sent it without issue. I doubt you'd have any chance of a store like etotalk doing that that when they try to charge you for installing facebook.

All assumptions on your part though.

I was looking at alexi and 4g does indeed limit me.
    the only options seemed to be hauwei and high prices.

I'd settle on 3g.

Does anyone know if htc ones can be repaired? I will really miss the blinkfeed, but i may spend less time on the ohone which is a good thing..probably

It could possibly be repaired but likely won't be cheap. Best bet is to bring it to a repair shop and get a quote. If it's more than you're willing to spend just sell it on ebay.

What would be your budget for a new phone?

It could possibly be repaired but likely won't be cheap. Best bet is to bring it to a repair shop and get a quote. If it's more than you're willing to spend just sell it on ebay.

What would be your budget for a new phone?

about the 200 mark

• Advertisement

about the 200 mark

I doubt you'll get a 4g phone with high-end specs for that much, unfortunately. Etotalk have the Nubia Z7 Mini for about €255, but it has a weedy battery, 2300mAh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement