Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

spix wrote: »
    Lenovo Vibe z2 pro

6" 1440 x 2560
    3gb/32gb
    LTE
    2.5ghz snapdragon 801
    16mp camera
    4000mah battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwmvrHgFHdk
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z2_pro-6396.php

Lovely piece of kit, but far too big for me. Apparently there's a "mini" on the way (probably 5"!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Just checking again - anybody find a fix yet for MTK GPS?

Or is it a lost cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

pajor wrote: »
    Just checking again - anybody find a fix yet for MTK GPS?

Or is it a lost cause?

Lost cause I think, though the turbo and octa core versions never gave me trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Discodog wrote: »
    Does anyone else here have the Xiaomi/Redmi Note ?
    I know that a couple of posters bought them but I haven't seen any recent comments as to how they are getting on.

One of the youtube reviews suggests that it comes preloaded with full English & Play Store. Does this make the Etotalk rom unnecessary ?

I bought the Note from PandaWill and it didn't have GAPPs.

Great phone really, no major issues so far, GPS works well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thargor wrote: »
    Wow^

How much will the final price be though?

Lenovo don't seem to be seen as a desirable brand. The 910 Vibe was quickly discounted but now it seems to of stabilised. I think that we will get a lot of world wide 4g phones as Chinese manufacturers want to capture a bigger share of the market.

• Advertisement

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I bought the Note from PandaWill and it didn't have GAPPs.

Great phone really, no major issues so far, GPS works well

Thanks. I recall that the other person had problems with their screen. There seems to be a lot of reviews of the Mi3 but not so much for the Note. Also a lot of the reviews appear to be linked to companies selling the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I think its time I got a new phone. My thl touch screen isn't working at the top of the screen. Think I'm going to get the elephone p8. Anyone see a best price for this? I think I'll use dhl as well as I don't want to wait too long.

Banggood seem to have the best price today. 161usd. Ill be ordering it later!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Banggood seem to have the best price today. 161usd. Ill be ordering it later!

I'm seeing $210. I'd say its €161

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I'm seeing $210. I'd say its €161

Ahhhh....my mistake...apols...

Will wait till etotalk drop it to 160usd again......

What is that you prefer in the P8 rather than the Xiaomi Note ? I can't decide between the two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

153€ on etotalk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

153€ on etotalk

+ $20 shipping

+ the potentialof getting collared for duty.....

Hmmm...i should maybe just oder the xiaomi note ....at least its a established brand ehhh.

And if i order from their eu warehouse, should have it this week.

Do i need to ask for it to be rooted if its a xiaomi, so as not to be full of chinesse apps n crap?

Are there any other shops that ship from Europe apart from xoami?
    I was looking at the nubia z7 for about €250 but if it's got for duty..it wouldn't be a good deal.

Are there any other shops that ship from Europe apart from xoami?
    I was looking at the nubia z7 for about €250 but if it's got for duty..it wouldn't be a good deal.

Any places that offer EU shipping tend to have a limited selection, and the prices already include the customs cost (or some of it at least) You won't find a phone that's $150 shipped from China for $150 shipped from the EU

+ the potentialof getting collared for duty.....

Hmmm...i should maybe just oder the xiaomi note ....at least its a established brand ehhh.

And if i order from their eu warehouse, should have it this week.

Do i need to ask for it to be rooted if its a xiaomi, so as not to be full of chinesse apps n crap?

It says that they supply the phone with Multi Language firmware & test it.
    http://www.xiaomishop.com/content/8-why-buy-here-xiaomi

The Note has Gorilla glass & a bigger battery than the Elephone. You do pay a premium of around €35 for removing the risk of duty. But you also get possible much more reliable shipping. I think that they ship out of Spain.

It says that they supply the phone with Multi Language firmware & test it.
    http://www.xiaomishop.com/content/8-why-buy-here-xiaomi

The Note has Gorilla glass & a bigger battery than the Elephone. You do pay a premium of around €35 for removing the risk of duty. But you also get possible much more reliable shipping. I think that they ship out of Spain.

Seeing as they have gorilla glass, is the toughened glass option for €6 worth it? Or is gorilla glass very durable in itself?

Seeing as they have gorilla glass, is the toughened glass option for €6 worth it? Or is gorilla glass very durable in itself?

Personally I'd want as much protection as possible. There's a comparison here http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/b6801b51

Toughened glass option must be a tempered glass screen protector. If you're not going to use a case then it could be useful as if you drop it, the screen protector will crack instead of the actual screen.

Personally I'd want as much protection as possible. There's a comparison here http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/b6801b51

Thanks for that handy comparison dd, appreciated.

• Advertisement

I think that there may be some advantages with buying direct from Xiaomi. If the phone is supplied from the EU then maybe it's covered under EU terms of sale & warranty. The checklist, mentioned in the link, suggests that they impose a second layer of quality control.

elefone are now offering 2 years warranty according to gizchina.

elefone are now offering 2 years warranty according to gizchina.

Yeah...but to send it back and all the hassles....the warranty could be 15 years, and still not be worth the hassles.

I think that there may be some advantages with buying direct from Xiaomi. If the phone is supplied from the EU then maybe it's covered under EU terms of sale & warranty. The checklist, mentioned in the link, suggests that they impose a second layer of quality control.

That isn't an official xiaomi store

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p2000_p6119.html

Looks decent especially the fingerprint feature.

That isn't an official xiaomi store

It's name & the "about" section suggests that it is. I would of thought that Xiaomi would have them shut down if they weren't. What makes you think that it isn't ?

It's name & the "about" section suggests that it is. I would of thought that Xiaomi would have them shut down if they weren't. What makes you think that it isn't ?

Xiaomi only have official stores in Asia and the sites are completely different. This one is 100% just a reseller.

What websites have Euro based warehouses?

Xiaomi only have official stores in Asia and the sites are completely different. This one is 100% just a reseller.

How do you know that ?
    Why would Xiaomi allow someone to use their trademark ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

How do you know that ?
    Why would Xiaomi allow someone to use their trademark ?

Anybody can set up a website and sell anything on it, the Chinese phone market is littered with these types of sites including a manufacturers name in the title etc. lends an 'air of officialdom' to them, but they are about as official as I am.

http://en.miui.com/thread-29483-1-1.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement