Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I ordered the elephone p8 from chinavasion on Saturday for €154. Its now €138 on etotalk for anyone waiting for the price to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Inbox wrote: »
    Guys do the octacore mediatek phones have unreliable GPS for navigation. I'm looking for a new phone and need the navigation to work. Any recommendations please. Thanks
    I think it's more complicated than one chipset working & another not. My friends tengda s5 based on the mtk6592 had unusable gps. No satellite lock at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm needing your help.
    I inadvertently ordered a Zopo ZP 998 from the Zopo EU Store. Is anyone planning on buying one who would take it off me if I cant cancel.
    It cost €260 including shipping.(

Email Zopo Store straight away - there should be no reason why they cant cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I ordered the elephone p8 from chinavasion on Saturday for €154. Its now €138 on etotalk for anyone waiting for the price to drop.

Have you found a decent screen protector ? I have read that it's a problem because of the unusual screen size.

Discodog wrote: »
    Have you found a decent screen protector ? I have read that it's a problem because of the unusual screen size.

I completely forgot about that. I'll have to do some searching now.

• Advertisement

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I completely forgot about that. I'll have to do some searching now.

I would especially as the P8 doesn't have Gorilla glass. I am still torn between the P8 & the Xiaomi Note. What made you choose the P8 ?

I would especially as the P8 doesn't have Gorilla glass. I am still torn between the P8 & the Xiaomi Note. What made you choose the P8 ?

I forgot about the note when I ordered it haha. Very similar specs but p8 has KitKat and I wasn't sure about xiaomi's modified system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Would a Samsung Note 3 screen protector be worth a try? The P8 looks an awful lot like a Note 3, even if a shade bigger.

corwill wrote: »
    Would a Samsung Note 3 screen protector be worth a try? The P8 looks an awful lot like a Note 3, even if a shade bigger.

I was just thinking that.
    They look almost identical. I did read somewhere before that they are not actually cloning the note 3 so they must be very similar. I'll order some off eBay now. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

• Advertisement

Thanks but I just bought 10 note 3 one's off eBay for €2.99. Coming from Dublin as well. I'll make one of them fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jaysus barely a yellow tint, hes calmed down now, seems to be going down in shade with body heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Put it in the sun, it solves it according to the OPO thread.

Jaysus barely a yellow tint, hes calmed down now, seems to be going down in shade with body heat.

Sunlight/UV light is meant to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

He will tomorrow ill update.

Has anyone spotted the new 4g Xioami Note for sale? Apparently it's the the same price as the 3g version.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi3 (64gb, black) from xiaomishop, to be delivered from their EU warehouse. Fingers crossed! I'll let ye know how I get on, one way or another. As opposed to hoovering up tips and advice, then disappearing like Keyser Soze, as seems to happen on this thread a bit.

corwill wrote: »
    Finally pulled the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi3 (64gb, black) from xiaomishop, to be delivered from their EU warehouse. Fingers crossed! I'll let ye know how I get on, one way or another. As opposed to hoovering up tips and advice, then disappearing like Keyser Soze, as seems to happen on this thread a bit.

Yes I agree. Please let us know how you get on. It doesn't help that the thread is so active. Reviews etc can easily be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got my refund from zopo. Thankfully

I've emailed antelife about European shipping. It's every country bar Ireland so probably a bug.
    If not I can ship to the inlaws.

Any word on the xiaomi note 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got my refund from zopo. Thankfully

I've emailed antelife about European shipping. It's every country bar Ireland so probably a bug.
    If not I can ship to the inlaws.

Any word on the xiaomi note 4g

Use Parcel Motel if they won't ship to Ireland for free.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Shipping costs depending on location. Never thought of PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone spotted the new 4g Xioami Note for sale? Apparently it's the the same price as the 3g version.
    Definitely interested in an answer to this, where did you get your original info from? If its just a placeholder entry in some shop before they get stock then thats never reliable...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Lucas Hood wrote: »

They don't ship to the UK either (and wouldn't be free if they did)

They only do EU shipping to these countries, no harm in asking them though

2por3px.png

spix wrote: »

2por3px.png

I can ship to Slovakia if needed :) didn't check every country!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you think Spix was lying?? :eek:
    I asked for evidence, didn't get any & emailed Xiaomi.
    spix wrote: »

2por3px.png

I hope you have 'evidence' of this ??!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mi4 order has moved from In Stock, to pre order, to preparing to ship on xiaomishop
    a little cheeky of them to mark it as in stock when technically the stock hadn't arrived in yet. However it looks like it should ship with the 8 days they promised me when I emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-a806-4g-lte_p6477.html

Unbelievable value if it sells for this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oreillylad

Hi lads was reading through the tread there and yous know what yous are talking about any advise on what the goophones are like or what phone should I get? I've about €200 to spend
    Any help grateful cheers

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mi4 order has moved from In Stock, to pre order, to preparing to ship on xiaomishop
    a little cheeky of them to mark it as in stock when technically the stock hadn't arrived in yet. However it looks like it should ship with the 8 days they promised me when I emailed them.

Were you waiting long for it to change from "payment verified" to the next update?

• Advertisement

oreillylad wrote: »
    Hi lads was reading through the tread there and yous know what yous are talking about any advise on what the goophones are like or what phone should I get? I've about €200 to spend
    Any help grateful cheers

What were you hoping to get for your €200? 4G vs only 3G? Memory card slot? Battery life? Screen res.? RAM? On-board memory? Screen size?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement